Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Select or exclude individual contacts/lists when sending email

Hey there! It would be great to have an efficient way to create exclusion lists. The tag system is a cumbersome process to go through when the goal is to simply send an email to List A, but exclude anyone who is also on List B. If a checkbox-to-exclude feature became a reality, you'd have a lot of happy customers! (I did search the "Constant Contact Community" when trying to find out how to exclude a list BTW.) 

I didn't necessarily want to post this particular message to the entire "community" but I couldn't find a way to just email my exclusion list request to your developers.

Thanks,

Kim

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

We are considering this as Implemented with the addition of “AND” and “IS NOT” logic within the segments
feature. You can now create a segment for those who are a member of List A, and not a member of List B. After
this implementation sometime around mid-2021 we’ve seen requests on this particular feature drop off across
all of our feedback channels.

There was a large variety of use cases for this particular request, so this was the solution that had the widest range to address most of them. If you require additional filtering needs, you may be interested in adding your voice to one of these existing open ideas:

The ability to segment by specific date (before X or after X)

Additional Segment Criteria

For those looking to send an email to an individual contact, you may be interested in the Quick Send feature.

99 Comments
MarkT39383
Rookie

Any update on this???? The ability to send one or just a "few" emails would be great.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @MarkT39383. We do not have an update on this as emails are scheduled to send to lists. Right now, the workaround is to add a single contact or a few to a list or to send to a group of tagged contacts. However, if the email has previously been sent, you can use our Quicksend feature.

RunSealBeach
Rookie

Still no suppression functionality?  I'm a new user and I'm trying to figure out how to exclude ~100 people from our database.  Any suggestions on how best to accomplish this would be welcomed!   - Tim

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi all. While this type of function is not available as of yet, a workaround is to create a copy of your main list by selecting all the contacts on List A and moving them to a new, copied list. From there, you will go to List B and remove the contacts from the copied list using these steps.  

SarahT684
Rookie

I'm sorry Caitlin_M, but this is a terrible workaround! I would have to manually remove 150-200 names from the copied list. Ugh!

SusanB032
Rookie

Dear Constant Comment,

I'm a new user as of today. I would also like the option of sending one, personalized thank you email at a time.

Thanks!

Alison

MelyndaB
Rookie
Please modify your system to allow me to send one email template to one person at a time. I should be able to select an email template and select one person if I prefer. Thank you
LoraB48
Rookie

option to send campaign to a single address without having to create a list

KaraBuonocore
Rookie

Has this been looked into at all?  This would make life much easier.

Zobrio
Rookie

An exclusion list will simplify processes for me as well. I for one do not want to go through the process as specified in this workaround! it's not sustainable!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More