cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Exports to Excel do not handle French Accents well.

0 Votes

Exports to Excel do not handle French Accents well.

French accent characters get changed to a Spanish capital A with an accent and a copyright symbol. Not sure if that is a coding thing you can fix or a language option you can add, or just an Excel problem. In Canada we have many French names. Best Regards.
4 Comments
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thanks for the feedback @MDEbyPIDIM,

This isn't an issue I've heard of before.  For clarification-- you have the French accent characters uploaded into Constant Contact, and when you export them, those characters are not displaying in Excel?

All Star

Yes that's correct. Our registrants enter their names with accents and the export into excel always changes them.

Thanks again for the feedback @MDEbyPIDIM,

I tested this on my side and it appears if you download the file as a .CSV file it will mix up some of the accents and turn them into other symbols.  When I download the file as an excel file (see attached image) it downloads the names correctly.  I will share this info with our team, but for now I would suggest downloading your contact files as an excel file.  If that still gives you trouble let me know.

Download_as_Excel.png

All Star

Don't have a choice to change the format, only csv which messes up the accents