cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

Frustrated

I am frustrated trying to figure out your new system to add contacts to group lists. If this is suppose to make things easier, it is not.
19 Comments
Visitor
Your changes to the contact list are stupid. I created a CSV list thinking that adding names would be easy. Well your system adds everything from the CSV to a central list, then I have to go through and select through several hundred names to add them to the list I want, which is a special marketing list. An email marketing company that does not understand marketing. Who has time for this? Your support team is closed when the entrepreneur is doing most of his work. I want to move to another platform. This one is driving me insane!!! Sincerely, Ricardo L. Whitaker Adventure Enterprises of Maryland LLC

Hi Ricardo,
I am sorry for the trouble, it sounds like during the import process a list was not selected. When you import a contact list there are several steps to walk though and one of the last steps is to choose a list in your account to add the contacts to. This prevents them from going into your "Active" list only. 

Once you've imported a list you will go to this screen where you check off "Permission to send". Click the plus sign to choose your list!

two.jpg

Hope this helps, thanks for all of your feedback. 

Status changed to: New

All Star
When adding contacts to a new list, it is not at all clear that you need to click the little + button to view all of the contact lists - please update the system with further direction. Thank you.
Thanks for this idea, Chani. What type of directions do you think would help clarify this?
All Star

When adding a contact through the "Add Contact" feature, it should be more clear how to add a contact to a list.  The button with the plus symbol should be in blue to make it clear stand out.

Hi Mary, This is a great idea! Do you think having the plus button in another color would help it pop out or maybe having text instead? Thanks for your help and for posting!
Occasional Visitor
I have added a new contact to a list - but it's not there - and II cant see which lists it's on
CTCT Employee

RickyB0,

Try this -- enter the email address (or first name or last name) for the contact in the Search box that's near the top left of the Contacts page. Then int he search results that appear click the name or email of the contact to view its profile. On the contact's profile you can see what email lists the contact is on. If you need to add that contact to other lists, click the "Add to Email List" area (if you don't see that, click the contact's email address and then click the Permission to email checkbox, then you'll be able to add the contact to one or more email lists).

Jennifer Bubriski

Group Product Manager, Contacts

CTCT Employee