cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give Error Feedback

0 Votes

Give Error Feedback

"Contact Import Failed." is useless information. Give some indication of where or what it is failing on. Line number, garbage text, something. I am simply feeding email addresses back into your system in order to group them into lists. But, it is erroring out. Frustrating.
34 Comments
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying us with this feedback.  I want to apologize for the issues you are having uploading a spreadsheet.  We would be happy to help troubleshoot this with you.  Please feel free to reach out to us so we can walk through this together.  Sometimes changing the file to be saved as a .csv will help upload the contacts.  Don't hesitate to reach out to us with any other questions or feedback!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback Meg! The errors are still available in your account. To find them, please go to Activity page and click the red box for the activity showing you the total number of errors. You can click on the hyperlinked number for errors and it will take you to the Errors list on the Contacts page where you can correct the email addresses one by one or delete them. Hope this helps!
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee
Thanks for your feedback. The "contact import failed" is the error message but I will be happy to submit this for you so we can add more explanation to why it's failing This is a sporadic system error our engineers have worked on and will continue to monitor to avoid it from happening again.
Occasional Participant
I have never had any trouble before with adding contacts from a list. The last time, none of the name were added saying they were invalid email addresses. These are the same email addresses I use to communicate with these people regularly. What's up? I'll try removing the " " marks in the error list to see what happens.
doesn't offer an explanation why.