Gmail Username and Password

0 Votes

I am getting an error message that I am entering the incorrect user or password for my Gmail account when trying to import. Both are correct though and working when I log into Gmail. Please advise.

4 Comments
Status changed to: More information needed

Hi MarybethD31,

Can you try going to think link to Allow access to your Google account? This should allow you to use the import tool with Constant Contact but if you are still getting an error you can manually export and import as a workaround.

Thanks!

Employee
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Assuming you were using your correct Gmail username and password, this error message was symptomatic of Google increasingly requiring integrations like Constant Contact's to use a new method of authentication (authentication just means when you give Constant Contact permission to pull data from your Gmail account).

A couple months ago we switched to using the stronger authentication method that Google now requires. If you give the Add from Google feature another try, it should now work without error. If it does, please post the error you're getting or call our Customer Support for more immediate help.

Jennifer Bubriski

Group Product Manager, Contact Management

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More