Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
JoJ
Rookie
Meaning that I can't see any way to get to the next bounce to investigate it, I have to go clear back to the description of the email to see the bounces.
FalmouthC
Rookie
When you update a contact from somewhere in your list, you cannot get back to the place in the list where you were before! You have to go through pages and pages.....and repeat that every time!!! NOT a good set-up!
BradG3
Campaign Expert
When looking at bounce list and identifying a typo, to change the name, means that you cannot go back to where you were, and need to go back to the email, report, and then scroll through pages and pages to get back to where you were. ANOTHER example of how you have launched this without it being ready.
VibrantTable
Campaign Contributor
Once inside the contact details, there is no back button to take you where you were. So, have to click browser's back button, which takes you to 1st page of contact list. Then you have to scroll through pages to find where you were... not to mention remember where you were.
MichaelA7385
Rookie
i like the old format. this one is hard to navigate back to contacts once i'm in a contact. plus, doesn't show activity like if an email got bounced or non-existent address, just shows what email i sent. not sure this update was an improvement.
DaveL92
Rookie
Doing multiple edits to contacts is very user unfriendly. It always takes you back to active contacts whether you are working on a list or not. If you have multiple pages you are always going back to the first page and than having to page through to each page and than searching down through list. How about adding a feature where you can at least check a group of contacts (with the check box) and than choose them for edit, and than allowing us to edit the whole group selected before returning to main screens.
ClareyR
Rookie

When I use the back button on the browser it takes me back to the beginning of the contacts, not the page I was on.  Next contact buttons are needed to easily get to the next contact to edit.

This is taking way too long to edit.  Should have been an easy option for seeing who was opening email.

I am having to wait for pages to load every time.  With the loading square almost every time.  Have had to refresh several times.

RitaS97763
Rookie
Used to be able to get back to list you were looking at when you opened an individuals info. Now you can't return to that list.
DeltonaAllianceChurch
Campaign Contributor
This is a painful long process to delete contacts. I delete one or two contacts from a page and it takes me back to page one and then I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and arrow to the page I now need to select contacts on ....ugh. Is there a faster way?
Leigh12
Rookie
I am editing my entire list of contact and every time I delete from one page it reverts back to the first page (start of alphabet) and i have to spend time finding where I was editing the list.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More