Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
JanetC011
Campaign Contributor
when I go back to the previous list of contacts, it doesn't return to where I was in the list, but to the top of the page. .
StormF
Rookie
There is no reason why we have to scroll down over and over through the contact lists after stopping to correct an error or add to someone's information. I was working today and found someone entered 3 times with 3 different email addresses. I was unable to put them together into one address, but everytime I opened one address, corrected it, or tried to do so and then went back to the list, it would go right to the top again. Also, why can't we move forward or back on the pages of contacts from the top and the bottom...again forcing us to scroll incessantly. How about a little work on this to make working on our lists a bit easier and less time consuming.
HCDBMComm
Rookie
When my contacts are displayed alphabetically and I delete a record beginning with "R", when the list is displayed again, it starts with "A" so I have to page through a couple of thousand contacts to get back where I left off to continue managing my contacts.
cynthiab63
Rookie
I am scrolling through contacts, occasionally clicking to see if one has opened emails, then I have to go back and click through three pages of the alphabet to mark that person for deletion. Why can't the program stay on the page I was checking?
JimN15
Rookie
After adding a contact it would be nice if we were returned to where we left off on the list of contacts, rather than being returned to the top of the page. Current method requires that when reviewing the list and discovering that you need to add a contact, you must scroll to the top of the page to click on the add contact button, add the contact and then scroll back down to the place you were before you added the contact. Makes the process very slow when adding a lot of contacts.
PeteD54
Rookie
I am researching the bounced emails to make sure they should be removed. I click on the name on the bounced list and then look at the number of times it has bounced. I then click on the email and then click delete email. Then I click on the back arrow and it takes me back to the beginning of the bounce list. Is there a way I can direct myself back to where I was in the list instead of having to scroll down the list again and again? Karen
RichardB7616
Campaign Contributor
When working in contact list, it would nice to have a return to previous place/page.
Managing bounce backs in contacts is very problematic and time consuming as hitting the back arrow has me going to the beginning and top of page, even if I'm on the second or third page of editing/deleting bounce backs. Huge time waster!! Need to program something that gets you back to the very last place you were, rather than the beginning of the whole thing.
NicolasMazI
Campaign Collaborator
In reviewing our bounced contacts to determine removal each time I open the contact to review their history, then return to the bounce list, I'm returned to the top of the 1st page and not the page/contact I was reviewing. Can this be fixed? Or is there something I can do to get around this. Very time consuming when I'm reviewing hundreds of contacts!
FengShuiGuy
Campaign Collaborator
When I choose a single contact o examine and finish with it, I want to return to where I was in my contact list, not go back to the top of that page or even back to the beginning.Take me to the last place I was, no to the beginning of anything!
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More