Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
DebbieA35
Campaign Contributor

I agree with managing the contact list. If you have 50 pages of contacts, it requires way too much time to click back to pages in between 1 and 50, where you might have left off. I typically give up after a while.

DorisWeiss
Rookie
Going through contact list to see which are still active according to paper copy - when I want to remove contact I update what list they belong to but when I go back to contacts I have to page down again to get to next name. You are not keeping track of where I was. Very annoying for me to work with. thanks, Doris Weiss Paleteers Art Club
CVHabitat
Campaign Contributor
when the previous contact has merged with previous information in the system. It seems you have to go all the way back to 'add contact'. Even though I have chosen 'save' and 'add another', these instructions are disregarded when a contact I am working on merges with previous information in the system.
LeonaF2217
Rookie
The click-through list is randomly posted. It would be great to be able to sort it and then export a report to show management the results.
cfsv.president
Campaign Contributor
It would be great if you could return to whatever search query you put in after clicking out of a Contact you selected based on that query. RIght now, you have to resubmit your Search query each time, even though you might want to access multiple Contacts on a single search. (ie you want to manipulate all entries for a single last name. Now you have to retype that last name every time you go back to the contact main screen.)
Elaine123
Rookie
It took me over 4 hours to review my list and remove 48 names from my list of 2500 names. It used to only take me about 30-45 minutes for this same task. Once you select a name for deletion and/or unsubscribe, it brings you back to the first page of the contacts even when hitting back button. When you are dealing with 2500 names, this is extremely inconvenient. HATE HATE HATE this site now.
julieawol
Rookie
It would be great if there was a report feature where you can pick what type of report you want to do and pick the date range you want. Ex; Did Not Open emails from 6/1/2014-6/1/2015. Also adding a Back button that takes you back to exact place you just previously were. Ex: In Emails, Reports, Sent, Did not Open, selecting a contact looking at unopened emails then hitting arrow at top of page brings me back to the Sent page rather than back to the unopened emails.
CharlieM33
Rookie

Hi, I'm new to constant contact and I'm really disappointed in how poor the workflow is for managing contacts. I imported my contact from outlook and various on-line email services. OK. That was fine. The problem is the grooming of the contacts database. Issues: - no quick way to combine contacts (two e-mails for the same person) - no quick way to delete a contact - have to scroll to the top and then pick "delete" from a drop down menu, then you get returned to the "A" section of the contact list, need to tab forward several pages to get back to where I was. - what's the difference between an "list" and a "tag" they seem to be redundant features. - every click to do a function results in loading another webpage. I'm tired of waiting.

Hannah_M

Thanks for posting this feedback!

MarkL2676
Rookie

I agree, making us go through dozens of clicks each and every client contact update just to get back to the same place we just left seems to demonstrate a serious lack of understanding of the real world uses of your application, and/or an utter lack of appreciation of the value of your customers' time!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More