Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
RonB94
Rookie
The process is very slow and there are no back buttons to return to the previous menu, and the dial just spins when you go back to contacts. Very frustrating to use.
mchristo
Marketing Legend

Those seconds of waiting really add up.  If you poll your users, I'd bet 90% don't need the default view to spend time automatically selecting the Active list.  Change the default not to run a select statement so that there's no delay in getting into the Search Contacts box, which is where I always want to start.  For the 10% who want the Active list pulled, require them to click on Active rather than having everyone else wait.  Ok, maybe it's not a 90/10 split.  But if you combine this problem with users' common complaint about losing their place in lists after going into a specific record and then backing out, I bet we might be close.  I'll put $50 on the table right now.

Michael

SandyH97
Rookie
It would be great to have a default when selecting who the reports go to other then the top name or selecting it each time.
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hannah_M

Hi @HugoA51

Are you looking to select contacts in your account -- if so, what do you want to do with them after selecting? Or do you want to use this process to import the contacts?

SheriD27
Rookie
Save and next - or after editing contact, please take me back to list I was working on.
LisaG444
Rookie
Often I review all my contacts to remove those who have not opened email in the last year. Once I manage that contact, I have to go back to the contact page and scroll down all over again to the next contacts. Often I am just looking at the A's or C's or R's and not an individual name...therefore must scroll each time. Would love to just return to where I was recently working.....make sense?
When I go through the list of unopened emails there is no way to get back to the report after I click on a name and view their activity. When I try to go back, I always get the "Clicked" report. I should be able to go right back to the list at the same point where I left it.
DebraM40
Rookie
Hello...I love all parts of Constant Contact except when it comes to managing contacts. I think there should be a more efficient way to edit a large amount of contacts, instead of editing, saving and waiting for the change to take place and then having to scroll all the way down to get to where you left off. Maybe being able to hide a certain section, or being able to quickly get the section needed....
RandyV45
Marketing Legend
When i click on campaigns it brings me to four emails, then i have to click again to get to main page. Reason? Also, when going thru contacts, if i modify a contact, it of course takes me to the page, but when i go back to contacts, i have to start from the top again. Anyway to fix this. Thanks, Randy
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More