Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
BerkshireBach
Marketing Legend
i'm in contact reports/all contacts/an individual contact. want to go back to the prior page: All Contacts list. cannot go back to the prior page. must hit Contacts in the toolbar, go back to Active Contacts, then hit All Contacts, then to the spot on the list i was working on. there are probably other spots on the site that also need a "back to prior page" button.
OSCA-19
Rookie

It is a waste of time to go back to the beginning of the alphabet EVERY time I make a change for one person. If I am changing someone who's FIRST name (how do I alphabetize by LAST name?) and I save it....I MUST go back to the beginning and scroll back to where I was......frustrating that I can't simply go to the last page I was on.

KaitlynBean
Rookie

I like the new contact management interface EXCEPT that everytime you make a change (add a tag, delete a contact) the program sends you back to the home screen/top of the list. Then you have to manually scroll back to where you were when you were deleting, etc. It's really, really inefficient, especially if you have thousands of contacts to scroll through. PLEASE add a feature that remembers where you were or add a page feature so you can use one click to get back to your place in the list.

EpstenAPC
Rookie
some aspects are good, don't like the some features
This is my second enewsletter. After the first one, I learned how to manage all my bounces, etc. and felt this was a great program. Now, I can't find anything!!! I tried to correct some email address to resend, but everytime I do something, I'm taken to a different screen and can't get back. I have deadlines and don't have a lot of time to relearn the new set up. I feel like you tried to reinvent the wheel and it has only made navigating worse. Wish you had just left things alone ... the way they were.
Archdpdx
Campaign Contributor
Say I'm editing a specific list of contacts and I'm on page 4, for example, make an edit and hit save, and then return to contacts, the system takes me back to the complete list of contacts, not the list in which I was making edits. If I'm scrolling through all contacts, and make an edit, the system returns me to first page, not the page I was on. Finally, put a page advance feature on top. Don't make me scroll to the bottom to advance to the next page. In fact, if I know that I need to go to the "s" page, don't make me advance the page one by one by one. Let me enter the letter I want and then it "enter." Wasted time because of a user-unfriendly system is a poor design.
DaveR7
Constant Contact Partner
When in the my contacts page, you remove a contact, CC takes you back to the first page and not where the contact was. If you have a multi page list this is a very tedious process. Example: Step 1. Scroll to bottom of page to move to next page, 2. scroll down to find contact, 3. remove contact, 4 CC returns you to page 1, 5 repeat steps 1 until you arrive at the page you removed the last contact from. CC should, after removing the contact from the list return you to the spot you were at.
SymphonyInTheValley
Campaign Contributor
After editing information for a contact, I'd like to go back to the page of contacts I was working in, rather than going back to the top of the list at "A" and having to page through again. CC used to have this feature. Please bring it back.
KathrynC123
Rookie

Very labor intensive to get from one end to the other of the contact list...please add return to page feature where you are back where you iniatiated an action!

jrc-ev
Campaign Contributor
Hi - with the latest update, how do I easily go back to the particular sent email from its reports page? Also, how do I refresh the reports page for a particular sent email? When I hit my browser's reload button, the page is refreshed but the stats remain the same, even though the sent email page reflects an increase in opens (for instance). Thanks!
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More