Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
BobC72
Rookie
When reviewing contacts there needs to be an intuitive way to save your changes and return to the list you were working on prior to editing a single contact.
DeniseF08
Rookie
Once I save a new contact, I go back to add another and I have to click twice in the "first name" box. Sometimes, I have to click twice on the "Save" button as well. When a contact shows as already being in the database, and I need to edit the information, there's no way to get back to the "add contact" screen without going back to the beginning. Could there not be a "return" button that would take me back to the "add contact' screen? Also...I sometimes add up to 30 contacts. But, halfway through, I need to re-select the mailing list. That is annoying too. Thanks
Peter4957
Rookie
This is such a poor and time consuming user interface to review contacts to for maintenance. Clicking into a user to see if they have read emails and then back losing you place in the middle and not being able to get back to the page you were one. Very poor and pittiful
BeckiS2
Rookie

agree

TheodoreK3
Rookie
When you delete a contact, instead of taking you back to the page you are on it takes you back to the very 1st page. You then need to page back to where you were. You should be able to page through from the top OR the bottom.
DeboraB
Rookie
When I make a correction to my group contact list, there is no easy way to return to that group listing. I have to return to contacts, go to groups, select that group and then make a correction within that group. I feel like I'm starting from scratch each time & it takes forever.
MarieT04260
Campaign Expert
Once you update the list to add a contact to, there's not a "save" button (apply in the list selection, but once you are back on the main contact screen - there's no where else to go) No "back" button or way to get back to the list you were searching.
TimM832
Rookie
How do we return to our list without having to click contacts and starting over.... There used to be a 'back' icon that would do that... Thanks for your help
LoriH32
Campaign Contributor
when merging contacts, rather than allowing you to continue to add contacts, it sends you back to the Contact Management. I think it would be more efficient if when it merges a contact, the "add more" button appears.
COSS
Campaign Contributor
When I remove a contact from the middle of a large list, the list reverts back to the first page upon reloading. I'm forced to then click forward to my previous place in the list.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More