Occasional Advisor
DanelleK

How do I remove my email from your your sponsor list

I have an email from a subscriber. Usually when they send me an email to remove them I can use the unsubscribe at the bottom of their email. This one is in text and when I click the link it says it is broken. Please see below. I do not want to go in and just remove her from the list because it is not "opting" her out of that list, so if I upload a list and her name is on it then she will be put back on the list. So I have to actually use the link in the email but no matter what I do it is broken. Can someone help me "opt" her out of one list please.

> > removal with SafeUnsubscribe
> >
> <http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001AVQzF04O_L69JND7Ml8?GPuOpjY4vqUUQIbro5m0PLVM%3D&t=001ImmWI5qI_83RP1ZE3k5PWw%3D%3D&l=001FCS
s65SMrsI%3D&llr=5nuqvaeab>(tm)
> > | Privacy Policy
> > <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.
> >

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: How do I remove my email from your your sponsor list

Hi Danielle,

If a contact would like to be "opted-out" from your future mailings and has contacted you instead of using our SafeUnsubscribe link, you can move them to the "Do Not Mail" list yourself.  The "Do Not Mail" list is where we put contacts who opt out of your mailings or mark you as spam. This is different from "removing" because once on the "Do Not Mail" list only the contact can re-add themselves via a Join My Mailing List.  If you upload a list, they will not be added back in.

Here are the steps:

Click on the Contacts tab

Then click on "Do Not Mail List" on the right under "Move Contacts to"

Move to DNML.png

On the next page, you can either upload a file of contacts if you want to move more than 1 to the do not mail list or you can just manually type the email addresses into the box, hitting enter after each address.

Then click the Gold "Do Not Mail List" button and you're all set!

I hope that helps!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor
DanelleK

Yes but they want other emails that we send. It is the link in the text version that is broken so they can not click to opt out of just the one mailing list. If I add them to the do not mail list they will not get any emails. That is the problem I am having.

Occasional Advisor
DanelleK

Also if I un click them from the one list it is possible that they will end up back on the list when I upload. I have gotten a number of them and there are just to many contacts on my list to remember each one each time.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Hi Danelle,

I'd suggest that you do a quicksend of the HTML version of the email and have the contact manage their perferences through the preference center when opting out.

You are correct, there is not a way to prevent the contact from being added back to that list because they are still considered an active contact. Once you’ve removed the contact from the list he or she no longer wants to be on, you might want to export that list to update whatever system outside of Constant Contact that you’re using to manage your contacts.

We’re always looking for ways to improve contact management and I will be bringing this to the attention of a product manager.Thanks for your feedback.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!