Marissa_R
Topics: 436
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 307
Solutions: 85

Re: Report for contacts who don't open the e-mails

Hello Sue,

Great reports let you know more about your contacts and help you focus your marketing efforts are a focust of a project that we're currently working on here at Constant Contact. This project will take a little while (users should see the benefits mid 2012) because of the number of users we have and the volume of email reporting data that we deal with every day.

I apologize that I do not have more information than that to share with you. Just hang tight and we'll hopefully have exactly what you're looking for soon.

Thanks!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant
BryonW

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

First off I am glad I found this post as I like many of the users have been looking for a better way to do this. Thank you for all the CC Staff replys as well, they've been quite comical in answering all the customer concerns without actually addressing the concern. The one post early one nailed it on the head. If CC has better list hygiene features then people will have smaller list and thus not have to spend as much.

Theres a saying in Marketing about how many people a happy customer will tell versus how many people an unhappy customer will tell.

I suggest you take a look at Benchmark Email. They are copying you for the most part so perhaps you should copy them on three great points. First they put it right in every customers face that they want CUSTOMER feedback to drive innovation and product upgrades/changes. Second, they listen (my "account manager" is abysmal). Third they have a feature that will automatically delete subscribers that dont open your emails within a set number of campaigns (5, 10, 15 ,etc).

Im currently demoing them for a potential switch. We will see what happens. Oh and iContact your third competitor is coming down the pipeline with an equally powerful list hygiene tool. Your welcome for the competitive intelligence.

Occasional Advisor
SueBailey

''First they put it right in every customers face that they want CUSTOMER feedback to drive innovation and product upgrades/changes. Second, they listen (my "account manager" is abysmal). Third they have a feature that will automatically delete subscribers that dont open your emails within a set number of campaigns (5, 10, 15 ,etc)''.

I would welcome this, this is exactly what I would want to save me sending emails which are never opened, and more importantly NOT PAYING for emails which are never opened!

Thanks for the information BryonW, it seems I and many others may also follow suit and demo Benchmark for a potential switch if this isn't something CC can deliver but they can

Occasional Participant
BryonW

Anytime Sue. I would recommend if you do demo it to just demo the heck out of it and try and break it to get the full experience. I am noticing some clunkiness with Benchmark so far, but that list hygiene feature is so attractive I am trying to see if I can work through the kinks. Hopefully I can.

Ill be curious to see what iContact comes up with. The big four (email marketing services) all seem to do 50-75% right, as Ive used 3 of the 4 and one just wishes one of them would get that final piece. iContact could be the first but they were saying maybe mid 2012 the hygiene function would be ready.

RosalindM.
Topics: 46
Blog Posts: 18
Solutions: 7

Hi All –

I wanted to jump  in and thank you for the lively discussion here.  As I think Jarrad or Marissa said, here or on other posts, we are always looking for feedback, and I can assure you the team working with you in the Community here is continuously providing your feedback directly to the product team.  As advocates for the customer, you have some pretty amazing representation in these two and your ideas are fed into the teams here that can have an impact.

With new features coming to market every few weeks, the product teams here is feverishly working to include both small customer delighters and large projects into each release.  The concerns and ideas for improvement in this thread have been shared. 

We are also looking at new and better ways of getting your feedback.  As this is your Community, we’d like to keep the moderation to a minimum, however, if you’d like to post about competitors – either positive or negative – you might want to find another forum.  Please connect with me in a private message if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks!

Rosalind Morville
Senior Social Support & Community Manager
Occasional Advisor
samn3s

Great Forum!  I too.........a long-time user of CC since 1999!  And desperately want a way to delete ALL subscribers NOT opening my Newsletters!  Personally?  I feel:  Shame on CC for NOT offering this tool!  I guess I will spend the next week exploring iContact and others.........I am very disappointed in CC not offering this tool?  Sam in Henderson  HOA1234.com and over 200 other websites!  http://www.HOA1234.com 

Marissa_R

Hello Sam,

I apologize that we do not have a tool that would automatically remove contacts who do not open nor a tool that would allow you with one click to remove those contacts.  That is something that we are looking into but at this time, the only way to do this is a few step process.

Here is a link to the FAQ on how to remove contacts that do not open your email.

Just a note...We only report opens as those that open in HTML version AND allow the images to be viewed.  Your open rate may in fact be higher than what you are seeing and therefore some contacts may be opening but they are not being reported as so due to not viewing images.  I know that with Outlook and Gmail, you sometimes have to click to allow images.

I hope that helps!

Marissa Rogers

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Advisor
samn3s

Marrissa!  Thank You for such a prompt reply!

Hmmmmmm?  OK..........I will try to follow your instructions.......and the image thing?  I never would have given that any thought......but now that I think on it?  Yahoo Mail does have that feature on every e-mail............sigh. 

Seems everything is getting so very complicated any more?  I feel for you and CC ........but?  I am enthused that the 'Internet" is definitely KING!  More and more people watch their TV Shows on their computer!  That is reason why our Newest Website:  http://www,HOATV.co will hopefully garner tens of thousands of subscribers Nation Wide!  Yippee!......Sam in Henderson

Occasional Advisor
samn3s

Whoops............  http://www.HOATV.co 

Marissa_R

You're welcome Sam!

Here is a link to show how you can enable your email client (Yahoo, etc) to display images automatically without having to click that link every time you get an email.

You can always share this information with your contact base as well so that we can track that they do in fact open.

Hope that helps! :smileyhappy:

Marissa Rogers