Occasional Participant
SharonAnn

How to track contacts who never open emails

How can I track the contacts who do not open my email newsletters
on2ndthought

Report for contacts who don't open the e-mails

I've been searching around on the reports looking for a list of my contacts who are NOT opening my e-mails?  I'd like to send them sort of a "last chance" e-mail before I remove them.  I'm trying to stay under the 500 mark and I'm coming close so I need to trim the list of people who aren't even opening them up.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
Occasional Advisor
marine2012

Hi, there is no report from Constant Contact for that, but what you can do is export the list of email addresses that opened the email and then recile that with excel and then you will have a list of who did not open the email then you can upload that to CC, you will not add extra contacts that way because each unique email address can be on 20+ lists and only count as 1. This is what I do its supper easy and only takes about 10 Minutes.

CaterTot

I think there should be an easier way to see lists of contacts that haven't opened your last 2, 5, or 8 (etc) emails. It has taken me hours to cross reference unopened email contact lists to ensure I check the last few emails. I don't want to delete someone who just didn't open one.

janebird45

Is there a way to view contacts who did NOT open my e-mail?

Is there a way to view contacts who did NOT open my last e-mail?

Occasional Participant
chroomer

[ Edited ]

is this your first question. so go get this help from them ...or they just ignore your email you cannot force them that was ..normal!

Clique_Marketing
Topics: 14
Kudos: 88
Ideas: 10
Solutions: 12

[ Edited ]

UH? Did the 70's come back??? Email sent - Folks who opened - bounced addresses = folks that did not open. Folks that never received it is a tougher question.

Occasional Participant
victorialarsen

[ Edited ]

You know, I would like an answer to this question as well. If I'm correct, this person is wanting to also know how to not only see who opened or didn't open your email, but how to edit people who are not opening them. Not just the bounces.

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

In order to see who has not opened your email, the best thing to do would be to follow these steps. They are quite lengthy, so thank you for bearing with me.

First, I would make a copy of your list that you sent the email to. FAQ 2543

Then I would go to the Email Marketing tab > click the Reports link > click the blue number under the Opens category. Then click the button to save as a list. Then once that list is saved, I would go to the Contacts tab > Export link and then Export this list of opens onto your computer.

Once that is done, you can then go back to the Contacts tab, click the Remove link, select the copied list you created previously, then for step 2 upload the exported file.

This will then create a list of those that didn't open your email. This will include those that bounced as well.

To edit those contacts, you can export the new list and edit in the Excel file and then re-import by clicking on the Contacts tab > Update link and upload the file. That will update all in the file at once.

I hope that helps,

Marissa W.

Community & Social Media Support Representative

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

[ Edited ]

Hi Sharon, To view those that haven't opened your email, you can follow the instructions in FAQ 1593. You can copy and paste the following URL in your browser to take you to the FAQ: http://conta.cc/dQlefT This FAQ shows you how to resend to those that haven't opened your email. You can just follow the instructions up to the resending part. I hope that helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!