cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

I do not understand why I keep getting reports that parishioners have unsubscribed.

I do not understand why I keep getting reports that parishioners have unsubscribed.

However, when I contact the people that have unsubscribed they tell me they never did. So we have to get them to sign back up which is a feature that doesn't always work promptly. I'm currently waiting for your website to show that a parishioner has subscribed again so I can then add him to our mailing list. So frustrating!!!
31 Comments
All Star
How can I get a person added when their email says they were unsubscribed?

Hi @ThomasD29908

Once a contact is opted out they must resubscribe to your email list using a sign up link. If you have a join my mailing list link on your website or Facebook page you can direct the person to use this link to resign up. If you don't currently have these links available there are other options listed here.

We encourage that you help the contact get this process started but in order to remain compliant with Can Spam and CASL laws the action of resubscribing must come from the contact directly.

Thanks, 

Occasional Contributor

One of my Customer unsubscribed by error. How can I register him again knowing that if I enter his e-mail again, the message "this is an unsubscribed email address" appears ?

Honored Contributor

The individual needs to sign up themselves you can't add them.

I need to add back a couple members from our mailing list that unsubscribed by accident how do I do that?
All Star

on screen shows unsubscribed as one person - then a spreadsheet shows someone else who is a personal acquaintance and did not unsubscribe

Frequent Visitor

This is myself and for some reason I was unsubscribed. The e-mail associated is 

Hi @ValleyCorvettes

Once a contact has opted out of your account the action of resubscrubing needs to come from them. It's easiest to direct them to resign up using a Join My Mailing list box that already exists on your website of Facebook page. If you don't have one of these available you can also send them the sign up link outside of Constant Contact. Check out more ideas here.

We suggest you encourage they resubscribe but due to CanSpam and CASL laws the action must come directly from them.

Thanks,

HI @DebbieW0

I removed the email address from your post since this is public. Is it possible that you forwarded your email to another user who opted you out?

To get yourself back on your lists just use the sign up link in your account (or on your website/Facebook page) to resubscribe.

Thanks!

Status changed to: New

HI @SEAS_Sailing

Is this situation two contacts using the same email address or two different addresses? The optout can occur by accident if the email is forwarded and the second contact opts out. This isn't common but does happen once and a while! To get them back on your list I would recommend having them resign up using a signup box you have on your website or Facebook page!

Regular Visitor
Hello, We need to change the wording at the bottom of the event invitations to say something like to stop receiving all communications from this sender... Now it reads: If you'd like to stop receiving invitations like this.... Which is misleading and actually encourages them to opt out on us. I had several people tell me that is why they 'opted out' on accident last year. They asked me why I wasn't sending them emails any longer and were upset that they didn't get my emails this year.

HI @KaraP

Can you help clarify-- You are seeing this at the bottom of the invite? This is how the bottom of the standard invitation should look:

2016-01-19_12-42-15.jpg

Regular Visitor
I dont understand how to re subscribe an email that was accidently unsubscribed, what is the simple way?

Hi @PackanackLakeC

Once a contact is unsubscribed the only way to add the contact back to your mailing lists is to have them resubscribe. Resubscribing has to be done by the contact themself, but you can help them get started by sending them the Join My Mailing list link from within your account. Check out this FAQ for more information. Hope that helps!

Frequent Visitor
Hi, I am having trouble successfully adding back to the contact list a person who somehow accidentally unsubscribed to our email blasts. How can that person (same email address) be added back? Thanks so much.
Occasional Contributor
A few people have joined our mailing lists but they've not confirmed their opt-in — awaiting confirmation status. It would be nice if we could check their name and invoke a bulk action to send a reminder email with the link to confirm their opt-in.

Hi @TNRighttoLife

Thanks for posting! Once a contact has opted out they will have to take the action to signup again. You can help them start this process by sending them the sign up link outside of Constant Contact or you can direct them to your website or Facebook page where you might have a signup box already. Here is an FAQ with more detailed steps if you want to take a look.

Thanks, 

Occasional Contributor

One of our synagogue congregants keeps being unsubscribed from our mailings. She is computer-literate and has re-signed herself up on her own twice now in one month and then gets unsubscribed.

Please advise

CTCT Employee

Hello @RobertF19217

We would like to look at the specific contact to be able to investigate further as there could be a couple of things causing this. Can you send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this posting, your username, and the email address of this contact please?

Thanks,  

HI @DebraS851

I am very sorry to hear this is happening, can you email a few of these contacts to us so I can take a closer look? Since this fourm is public please don't post here but include a link to this thread in your email.

Thank you!

One of our Board members wanted to remove one of her email addresses from our mailing list. she unsubscribed from that address and your software unsubscribed her completely. How can we add her again? she needs to get the mailings!

Hi @OrangeCountyC

Thanks for reaching out to us! Once a contact has unsubscribed then the only way for them to be added back to your mailing list is if they re-subscribe themselves. This post will show you how they can do that. Please let us know if you need any other assistance, thank you!

Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor

I write the weekly email for my church and somehow *my* work email was unsubscribed. I'll go through the effort of "resubscribing". But, is there something someone could do unintentionally to get unsubscribed? Or is there a way that constant contact is convinced that a campaign has been emailed to a particular email, but it does not show up in that inbox.

Visitor

To Whom It May Concern:

It seems Constant Contact is increasing their prices more frequently with little or no benefits to justify said increase. As a result, I plan to look into comparative services/options if this continues, and will recommend to my colleagues that they to do the same. There are more choices now than in years past. It appears that with these frequent price increases, you are gouging the small business, not helping them grow. 

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

We've been unable to find cases where contacts show as unsubscribed and have not done so. We've also added a 'resubscribe' link within the contact profile, making it easier to send them a link to sign back up. If you feel there is still an issue or confusion with this, please create a new post or contact our Support team.