cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

I want to print my contact list

I want to print my contact list

I can't print the contacts I need in a Email list.

147 Comments
Occasional Participant

Hi Jim, Click on the email, then at the top of the first blue box (titled "Email details") you will see a button called "Resend Options"; click on it and either select "Enter email addresses" or "New Contacts....". If you have just updated an existing contact's email address, I guess you probably need to use the first option - that's the quick way to do it. Hope that helps. Tim

All Star
I t would be helpful if a user could print the reports. There is no print icont, and if I use the Print option from my browser, the printout is blank (it only contains header material, not the actual report).
Status changed to: New

Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear this is happening. What browser are you using? Are you printing the reporting from a specific email, and are you printing all or just the first page? We would like to do some more testing on this!

At this time the reporting isn't designed to be printed but please continue to vote on this idea if you would like to see it implemented in the future. a couple of workarounds for you would be to copy and paste the content into a Word document or take a screenshot of the page and print that image.

Thanks for posting.

Occasional Contributor
Can't find any "Print" button anywhere on this page or similar pages with lists of names and dates.
How do I print the bounce back report. I need to investigate if there is a new email address. I like a hard copy.

Hi Jean,

The bounce report isnt designed to be printed but there are a couple of workarounds for you. First, you coulod copy and paste the content into a Word document or you could export the bounce information and print from excel.

Please continue to vote on this idea!

CTCT Employee
I am sorry for the trouble this is causing you Andrea, at this time we do not have a print option in the new system but please continue to vote to bring it back! In order to print as a workaround you can export it to excel and then print from excel.
On occasion, I need to print the bounce back report so that I am able to research. I try to contact the person to see if they have a new email address.

Hi Jean,

I am sorry to hear of the frustration. Please continue to vote on this topic to show interest in bringing back this feature. We are taking all feedback into consideration for future updates.

Jared mentioned above that you can export to excel and print from there as a workaround. We know this isn't ideal but it will allow you to print for now. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Occasional Visitor
There used to be a printer icon and printer friendly view. Where did it go? Do not like this set up at all. Much more difficult to navigate. Everything is so hidden. Bummed.

HI Michelle,

I apologize for the frustration. The workaround currently is to export to excel and print from there but please continue to vote on this and other topics so we can get them implemented in the future.

All Star
How do I print email lists? This was much easier and cleaner before the upgrade.
Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. At this time we do not have a print option in the new system but please continue to vote to bring it back! The current workaround would be to export it to excel and then print from excel.

I'm sorry that the new interface does not allow you to print a report for "All Opens". The export feature only includes "Unique Opens".
CTCT Employee

Hi Susan,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.  At this time we do not have a print feature and you are correct you can only export the unique opens.  Please continue to vote on this topic to hopefully see changes in the future!

Occasional Visitor
what the heck has happened to this portion of the site? Am I really losing it, or can I not simply find the print button to print out my 81 person contact list. Seriously, what happened? If I am missing something, please do correct me.
Occasional Visitor
We were disappointed that with your "slowly rolling out new updates," that you took away the print button. It made printing out reports very easy and now we have to export our contacts and make a csv file which takes a lot of time. I think that many people would agree that having the print button saved time and energy and made CC extremely useful.
Occasional Visitor

I agree.  I used to be able to print out my contact list right from the list itself.  I have to have a printout of every contact list I send emails to each time for compliance reasons.  Please bring back the print option for the contact list so we can print the entire contact list.  I did find a way to export the list but that's way to clunky. 

All Star
Print version of emails sent. I read FAQs, followed every step, but could not get what I needed. So called, and 12 steps later, export the file, open in excel, (what if I didn't have excel) THEN eliminate 7 columns to get a simple, readable, version of who I sent this email to. The top of page should have had a PRINT button (and then software should have produced a simple, 3 column list of names and email addresses in a pdf file. Done.Your software is sometimes too complicated for normal users to figure out. Please make simple.

There were simply a lot of features "before" that were more intuitive - adding contacts, printing email results, and simply moving "back" with the back button rather than needing to use the browser back button.  If there were a "use old view" button, I would be there.  I am sorry, but for all of the really great things Constant Contact has done over the past years, this is not one of them, or at least you should have waited to release this until it was more feature right.  I am stuck.  I cannot do things I used to do, and I can't see the benefit of what you are allowing me to do.  Sorry.

I want to still have a printable version of my opens. I don't have Excel --and I can't do a copy and paste to WORD as your operator said I can do. Please bring back Printable Version --it's quick and simple, and you don't have to go through a lot of hassle just to print a report Bob Berting

I see you don't have a printable version of e-mail opens. I don't have Excel and I can't copy and paste the opens to my WORD as your operator said I could. Please bring back printable version again. It's quick and simple.

Bob bErting

Advisor

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately, the "print this page" option is currently not available anymore. I apologize for any frustration this may be causing. The best way to print out a nice, clean version of your list would be to export it.

Export_List.png

Please continue to vote on this topic, however, if you would like to see it implemented again.

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for posting. I really appreciate your feedback and candor. I can assure you that we are taking feedback like this very seriously and are working towards making these changes that have been requested. While such drastic changes may be certainly frustrating and take some time to get used to, we really appreciate your patience and continued feedback. Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Regular Visitor

this goes for every single report..... i really miss this capability - makes sharing these reports much more difficult and adds a lot of back-end formatting. Please, please, please bring this feature back!!!

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into adding this printing option back. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. Please stay tuned for updates on this and please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Occasional Visitor
Exporting isn't an issue it is just all the fields show which is excessive and it is time consuming to have to clean it up all the time. My compliance requires I print the name and email of individuals I send email blast off to. Prior to the update I used the "print list" function which was quick and easy. Now I have to consolidate, export, clean up the list and print. Time consuming. Please consider just a quick print list function again of name , email, city state- basic info. Thank you.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any frustration this is causing. We are currently looking into the possibility of adding back this feature. Please stay tuned for updates on this. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Visitor
When I hand the "opens" list to my boss, it is much easier to navigate in the list style that is reflected on the screen. It is also much easier just to print a printable version than having to select and export.
Regular Visitor
How do I print my contact list?
Regular Visitor
some nice new features on Managing Contacts but in my opinion the new printing option is a real step back.

Thanks for posting Warren! In order to print your contact list you will have to export to excel first and print from there. There is an export option on the menu bar of your lists.

Export.jpg

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We have received a lot of great feedback on adding this printing option back and are looking into implementing this again. Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Frequent Visitor
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. At this time, the best way to print a list of contacts would be to export them into an excel spreadsheet and then print from excel. Please vote on this idea of bringing the print option back and any others ideas you would like to see implemented.
Occasional Visitor
We are having trouble printing the contact and reports. Can you add a print friendly version to all lists?
Thanks for this feedback, Max. Can you share more information on what you would do with the printed list of contacts? We don't needs details but we are always curious what happens with the printed version as this helps us figure out what the best enhancement would be. Thanks!
Why don't you have a way for me to print my reports?

if you want to know why we use our printed copy of the reports--we make reference notes, and follow up notes on the printed copy

Thanks Bob!

Regular Visitor
Would like to print this report so I could check several sources before deleting or editing etc. Use to be able to print a nice print out.
Visitor
In the past one was able to print the contact lists without exporting them. This change is bad. We can no longer change how many contact we want to view at one time. Another inconvenient change. It would be helpful to go back to the way it was. Thank you.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Currently, the best way to print out this report is to Export and then print from excel. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see again.
Occasional Visitor
can i get a list of all bouncing contacts?
Occasional Visitor
I know I can print a monthly report but I would like to print just the "bounced" contacts. Please let me know if I'm missing something.
Regular Visitor
I'm unhappy that I am no longer able to print reports of one of my contacts info. I also don't like the way their information is so spread out over a page that I have to scroll up or down to see.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Regular Visitor
I can no longer just print a client list? Your rep, Vincent just told me that I have to export a list to an excel spreadsheet. Why did you take the print button/function away? That isn't exactly customer friendly. I am not happy. Making using Constant Contact less convenient is a turn-off.
You have added steps to EVERY thing I need to do on Constant Contact - even as simple as printing out a list of contacts... I know I will get better with it as I use it more, but it doesn't change how tedious it is now
Visitor
I can't seem to print out the list of bounced contacts. Please bring back that option.