Importing Multiple tags in a record

When I am importing a contact from Excel the record has multiple tags associated with it. I need to be able to import multiple tags per record (comma Separated is fine) Also I notice when importing a tag you lower case it. Please leave the case alone.
13 Comments
Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your inquiry on this David and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. As of right now we are working on making importing of tags better and be able to add multiple at a time instead of just one. This is great feedback on both items so please continue to vote if you agree!
Regular Participant
I like that you've added Tags but I think it could be greatly improved. It should be more simple. When I imported contacts from a speadsheet, the tags did not import correctly even tho I had them separated by comma.
I am sorry to hear this happened. Can you try importing multiple tags in different columns, one tag a column? You can label all the columns of information tags that you need to!
The addition of tags in contact management is a great feature. This saves us from having to create tons of lists. We have one large list at present with contacts carrying one or more tags. Thank you. Andrew Norris, I.T. Manager Harcourt Industries, Inc.
Regular Participant
It never came out of software loop.
Participant
Please call me: 954.798.6396 More than ten minutes wait time for phone support is disappointing and frustrating :smileyface:
Employee
I'm sorry that we weren't able to get in touch with you on this. Is the issue still happening?
Regular Participant
The way that the spreadsheet must be imported defeats the purpose! Once again, I have to spend time re-formatting my list because the system can't recognize more than one tag. If I have a master list (which I do) with four sub-lists, what's the point of having separate columns for tracking/tagging if the system can't recognize more than one tag?
Employee

Add multiple tags by putting a comma between tags in the same column.

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More