cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In advanced search capabilities, need boolean choices between multiple search fields

In advanced search capabilities, need boolean choices between multiple search fields

It looks like when I do an advanced search for customers with Tag A and Tag B it returns all contacts that have Tag A OR Tag B. I want to search for Tag A AND Tag B contacts, though, and there is no way to do this?
23 Comments
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Occasional Visitor
When using tags to 'narrow down' a distribution the logic is using an implicit OR to do so. As a result, you get a summation of ALL contacts that match any of the tags. Instead, I need the distribution list to get smaller as I select tags e.g. use an implicit AND. For example, currently if I had tags of '123 Main (10)' and 'Blonde Hair (6)' and added these using the 'narrow it down' option I would have a total distribution of 16. But what if I wanted those who live on 123 Main Street AND have blond hair? That number should be 10 or fewer. Not the sum of all contacts that match either or tag.
Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Visitor
Hi, I am trying to remove all emails that end with duke.edu from my TX contact list. When I do a search, I can find all contacts in my TX list and all contacts ending with duke.edu but I cannot find only the contacts ending with duke.edu which reside in the TX list. I don't want to completely remove duke.edu contacts. I just want to remove them from my TX list and I've been told I have to do this manually.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you for the great suggestion, @JonathanB981!

We don't currently have the ability to narrow down our advanced search by list, but this is definitely something I can see as being useful.  I'm happy to share this feedback.

Best,

Patrick

Occasional Organizer

We should be able to search

Tag is 'Vet'

and

Tag is not 'New Client'

Tags seem a bit pointless without that search functionality.

Occasional Organizer

Has there been any update on this, I just posted this very same suggestion, not realizing it had already been suggested.

Great feedback @SteveB6360,

Opening this up for voting!

Administrator