cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
All Star

Go back to old system of adding contacts

CTCT Employee

Hi Jane,

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing but I'm also a little confused on them.  When you view the 19 opens then click on it it brings you to the reporting screen.  From here you then click on the clicks on the left hand side of the screen?  Also what special button are you clicking on the right?  Any information is greatly appreciated in resolving this issue for you. 

Why did you change the way my contacts page was organized? I don't want to see a list of all my contacts, I want to see them in the groups.
All Star
I perfer the old format. It was easier to add more contacts at once.
Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. At the moment, this is the only way of viewing your lists for selection. We are currently looking into an update to the list view where you will be able to see all of your lists in a larger view as you could before. Please stay tuned for updates on this. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the frustration that the changes are causing. We are looking into implementing the ability to see all lists on the main page again. Please look out for updates on this.

I'm sorry to hear that uploads are taking a long time. How much time does it seem to be taking on average? And for how big of a list?

At this time, we do not have a category specifically for contacts that have permission set but are not on a list. One way to find out would be to export your "All" contacts and sorting by the Email List column to determine who does not have a list assigned.

I'm a little unclear of what you mean that you can no longer see the lists that opt-ins want to be added to. Is this when they are using the sign-up form? Are the unable to see all of the list options to select?

In the bounce report, you can click on the button to the top right of the report to change the view to specific bounce categories. Once you are on the desired category, clicking Export will export that particular category.

Bounce_Report_Categories.png

Thank you for all of your feedback and please continue to vote on these and any other topics you would like to see changed or implemented.

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the frustration this is causing. We are currently looking into implementing the ability to change the sort of your lists. Please stay tuned for updates on this. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
I like your new product, but it would be great to be able to see all my email lists on its own page if I want to. Maybe the Email Lists header could link me to a page where I just see the lists? The scrolling bar is frustrating because when I'm targeting specific campaigns I like to see my choices laid out in terms of who I'm selecting to send information to. Thanks for listening!
Occasional Participant
Ever since CC went to the current layout/system, more often than not, it is inaccurate. For example it may report well over 100 unique openings but list only 75 names. At other times the difference will be only a few names. The point is it is inaccurate and cannot be trusted. Very nice customer service people tell me CC is aware of the problem and say they will forward the information to their engineers. However the problem persists and it has been going on for months,
Clicked category shows(105) report shows (1) New user interface is BETA Im running a business and its very frustrating Looking at other options
All Star

How wonderful it is that when we click "Back to Idea Exchange", we go back to the very first post on the very first page, even if we started from Page 34!. That cool feature is present in SO much of your new system. Does your development team have ANY idea of how 21st century software is supposed to work? I see almost no evidence of it anywhere in the new Contacts system. People need to lose their jobs over this. And it is NOT helpful for you guys to express your sorrow, and to tell us how closely you listen to us, and on and on and on. Please just give us working software that was put togehter by people who have an elementary understanding of user-friendliness. (This means there will be a LOT of new hiring in your development department).

Occasional Contributor
Please change back the contact management area. I want to be able to view all my contact lists by the DATE I CREATED THEM. The lists now are only available in alpha order. Had I known this would happen one day I would have named them differently. Now I must hunt the list to find what I need. ALSO I would like to be able to see the whole list of my email groups at one time not in a tiny little window on the side that I have to scroll up/down hunting through. FRUSTRATING. It is now NOT EASY TO SEE HOW TO MERGE A LIST. I had to call tech support and be talked through it! Something I rarely have to do. There should be a button for merge full list displayed like there used to be. PLEASE do not keep these changes you made in this area. I don't see how they help me in any way, only how they slowed me down. Poorly designed for my needs. Your phone tech support people are fantastic though. Very friendly and very helpful! I appreciate their service. Thank you
Regular Visitor
give us the old format PLEASE

Yes! The old format was perfectly fine! No need to "fix" what wasn't broken to begin with.

Occasional Contributor
Thanks for speeding up the "refresh" time when renaming a list. To get around the alpha naming convention, I've spent several hours renaming all my lists so I can more easily find them. We used to be able to easily find them because we were able to set the order that worked for us. Now, I've renamed them in order to find them.
All Star

Constant Contact has runined their system. I have wasted SO much time from yesterday morning to early this evening, trying to understand it. At least I now have an informed view on how truly awful, how poorly designed, and how hateful to the customer it really is. There may have been some saboteurs or disgruntled employees involved in the programming and decision making for the new system. It is hard to imagine that well-motivated and competent people actually put this thing together. I wonder why they hate us so much. 

Regular Visitor

I liked it better when you could add up to 9 contacts at a time. I also liked the old "Search" better because it told you if the contact was not found. I also can't find a way to delete one of my groups with the new version. Bring the old way back!

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. Please feel free to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see changed or implemented.
All Star
Boy was it ever easier to delete a list before this new presentation of the lists. Now you get a little window on the left of the contacts page and it takes too long to find a list. But if you want to delete specific list I cannot even find a button or an easy way to delete a list. It is so much better when you could see a full page of all the lists and then drill down on the list that you wanted. Just like the view you get when you are choosing a list to send an email. I do not like the way it is presented now. First you get a little window showing all the lists. Just try and find the way to scroll down that list. It is invisible to the eye. I guess I will go chat to find out how to delete a list from my 200 lists. Kip Sharpe
CTCT Employee
After sending an email, saw that 30 people had clicked, clicked in the report to see who clicked but it went to a general report page and showed 0 clicks instead of the 30 my other page said. Cannot tell which is correct. Cannot get a report that shows who clicked...
All Star
Miss the monthly reports showing the number of adds. Please please please bring it back!
Yes, while new things take some getting used to, the new list system just isn't working for us. Can you please go back to being able to number the order of your email lists in the preference you would like to see them? At least give us, the consumers, the option to arrange them alphabetically or in the order we would like. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
For example right now I have 54 opened when I try to see all of them I see the 50 first contact and the last one. I am loosing 3 contacts. I think that it is a minor adjustment to show from the database. Thank you for this amazing tool to promote and contact people around the world.
HI Dianne, I am sorry to hear this,. Unfortunately the old system is no longer available as all accounts are being changed over to the new system. I'm happy to help with any issues you are running into or pass along any feedback I can!
Occasional Visitor
I dislike the new format. Is there a way that new lists can go on top, rather than alphabetically?
Occasional Contributor
Where is the "Back" button? Now when I manage my contacts, I have to go to contacts and start all over again. This is not a good change.
Visitor
When going in to an email list to look &/or edit individual contacts, how can I go back to the list without having to go ALL the way back to the main "board"?
Contributor
Lists had previously been listed in order of creation. Now they are in Constant Contact's idea of alphabetical order. I tried numbering my lists to get them back into the order I need. However, CC doesn't count like most of us do - 1,2,3,4, etc. Constant Contact counts like this: 1, 10, 2. I have figured out a system to get my lists appear in the order I need ---- too bad this wasn't considered before you changed things up.
All Star

As near as I can tell, the sorting is alphanumeric. That means you need to number things 01, 02, 03, ... 09, 10, 11, etc. 

the open reports don't seem to be refreshing when opened

CTCT Employee

Hi,

Does this happen right away on the results or do they sync up after an hour or two?  If they stay incorrect for days can you specify an email in particular that is doing this? 

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see changed or implemented.
Frequent Visitor
please fix
Occasional Contributor

The contacts I upload will stay there for as long as I want them... My issue is that the number in the column never goes away and just keeps increasing every time . I have called and text chat and was told that it was being worked on. I have left my lists alone so that they could serve as examples - today Ministry Leaders has (11431) in my left hand column on the dashboard but there are only 5754 contacts actually in the list. This makes it very cumbersome to tell if my whole list has uploaded. I need to jot down the original number, add my list number and see if everything matches. Or delete every list after I use it once.

All Star
We strongly dislike the way the list of Email Lists is now incorporated on the Contact Management page. As a longtime customer, we have many many email lists set up. Now, we have no way to determine which are the old lists (and when they were created) and which are the newer lists because they are ordered by name. In the past they were ordered chronologically. We need that back!
Thanks for your feedback on this. Have you tried out the new "Add names and Emails" page to add as many contacts with their name information as you would like? Are you looking to delete an entire list or remove contacts from a list in bulk?
CTCT Employee
Hi Greg,

I am sorry for the issues this is causing, can you please specify the email this is happening in?
Hi Missy, Have you taken a look at the new growth report? This is a great place to see the contacts that have been added to the account. http://contacts.constantcontact.com/articles/FAQ/4888
The total number clicked says (47) I had four links in my e-mail. They received 28, 24, 1, and 1. Why don't the numbers add up?
I wanted to delete a list I had created. Some of the contacts are on other lists, many of them are not. The dialog box that comes up to "help" you choose whether to the "Delete just the list" or "Delete the list and contacts" is very confusing and not helpful. Please feel free to contact me for more details, 404-325-7979.
All Star
All Star
I need it by priority, not alphabetical.
Frequent Visitor
The button takes you back to the beginning of the list not the page you were on. Very frustrating and time-wasting!
All Star
When managing a list of contacts, put the alphabet at the top so you can just click on a letter to get to that first letter list rather than having to scroll through the whole list. Many sites do this.
All Star
i need to clean up my email lists; want to delete old ones. can't see how to do that.
All Star
Hello, I love some of the new features. The only one that I really miss is the ability to delete multiple lists at one time. I may remove 10-20 lists at a time and now I have to go to each one individually and make 3 clicks on each one to delete it. I might be missing a new way to do this, but have not found it so far. Thank you so much!
I don't like the way you have the contact lists on the left with a scroll bar. I liked it better before when you had them in a wide table-like structure.
Thanks for sharing this idea!
Occasional Visitor
The opens number on the main email page is different than the open number on the open report page. Even after refreshing my browser there is no change in either number. This is an obvious and easy programming problem to fix.
All Star
I understand your development team is working on this.
All Star
This list was ALWAYS in date order, by newest opened. Now it's random, older ones listed before most recent opened. ANOTHER BUG in your new improved system?