cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
I can't find my former default list and did not have time to explore your new way of listing these. How do I find my old "default?"
Regular Visitor
I'm very frustrated that you've taken away the function of being able to find an email list thru the date it was created, from newest to oldest etc. I have hundreds of lists and now I don't remember what my old ones were called and I they were my primary lists.
Regular Visitor
PLEASE number the contact lists at left.
I hate what you did here, without giving us any notice. I had my lists organized and prioritized. Now, they only exist in alphabetical order. Why in the world would you make this change without at least giving us notice and time to prepare.
Regular Visitor

The new list format is a terrible change, there is no way to select all - you have to go through and check one by one once the top ones are in. A hge time waster. Please change it back or make it easy to use, not hard to use,

Occasional Visitor

The new "contact expereince" ... seriously, is that the best you could come up with ... is for the most part a step backwards.  The very first thing a user does with a list once it is created is use it.  I am having a hard time doing so because my frequently used lists are not where they should be ... at the top. To improve my "Constant Contact experience", return the sorting feature to my contact lists.

Occasional Visitor

It has been over a month since jaredmerc made the suggestion that I add numbers to the name of the lists that I wish to appear at the top (what about a list that starts with a number already, like "212 area code"), but the real solution has not been done.  What is taking so long.  From the posts here and in many other Idea Exchange topics, this is obviously an important feature to the users.  What could be taking so long.

By the way, even my eleven year-old son thought that the suggestion was ... well ... not very wise.

Please restore the option to customize the order our email lists appear, both internally and externally, as soon as possible. Thank you!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
I'm sorry you're having issues with the contact reports. If you could provide some more information about the issues, we can look into them for you.

My contact lists used to appear the latest one at the top and now they are all alphabetical on the left. We have HUNDREDS of lists and they are more important to us for marketing then the contacts themselves, which now dominate the page. It now takes us forever to find the list we just added a moment ago.

If this is not corrected, this will be a deciding factor to move to a competitor - immediately.

Hi Sue, What is the name of the list that isn't updating? Are you still seeing it not update or does it look like it just took some time?
Visitor
Last week, I gave someone instructions on how to pull the "removed by user" unsubscribes from the system. It was a filter and they were right on screen, even. When he went to pull it, things had changed, but we can't even seem to get the information at all now. Chat folks helped me pull the new unsubsribe list, but this information is not included. There is a BIG difference between who removes themselves and who I might have removed from an active mailing list. Especially when were are pulling our information to clean it and create call lists. We do NOT want to call someone who removed themselves, of course. But we are also working to clean this information all up and get it back in to CC, better. So this is holding me up a bit and no one seems to know where this info went.
All Star
Seriously. It's crap. Before, I could view all my contacts at once. You managed to take a very simple system and make it complicated.
All Star
The alphabetical listing of our email lists has created a huge headache for my staff. Is there anyway to go back to listings up in order of when they're created?
All Star
The old viewing screen of the Email lists was SIGNIFICANTLY more helpful than seeing the A's of the 15,000 contacts we have. The new side bar of the Email Lists is WAAAY too small and very difficult to use. We have 70+ lists and using/adding contacts to that is very difficult. Not user-friendly at all.
Occasional Contributor
I dislike the small, left-hand column that now holds our e-mail lists. It's not as quick and easy to see and access the lists. It requires lots of scrolling. Ugh.
Occasional Contributor
I dislike the narrow, left-hand column that now holds our e-mail lists. It requires lots of scrolling. It's not as easy or fast to access the lists as in your previous iteration of the site. Ugh.
Occasional Contributor

As a business with over 5000 contacts, we NEEDED to see our group lists in the main viewing page. We have absolutely no need to see individual contacts when we open this screen. You should at least give us some choices on this. We are a membership and events based company and we need to have members and registrants in group lists and we constantly add to these groups for important segregration reasons. Having individual contacts appear in main screen is great for personal contacts but for businesses, it is awful. You should have a choice to see individuals on the main page or see groups of contacts on the mail page. When I open up the contact list, I want to see all my groups easily so I can scan down quickly. Having it off to the left is cumbersome to say the least.

All Star
Why is their a discrepancy?
Frequent Visitor
In left column, number of contacts (in parentheses next to the List name) does not match the number of contacts shown at the top of the actual list. Support explained (after thinking about it for a while) that the number in parenthesis includes Errors and Duplicates, which are not shown (or counted) in the number on the top of the actual list. Might be a way to designate that more clearly. I'd suggest showing number in parentheses to match actually list with an asterisk to note that it does not yet include dupes, errors. Thanks.
Make a way to get through lists of names at the top of the page as well - instead of having to scroll to the bottom to get the arrow that goes to the next page of names. UGH!!!
anyway of reverting to old way? We have a LOT of email list and it is difficult to work with them with just a small lefthand column that doesn't show all at once.
Contributor
Why can't these lists be chronological? They should be in the EXACT order in which they were created. CAN YOU FIX THIS???? OR can you fix it so we can arrange in an order that suits us, not you? It is so annoying to rename a list and the cursor keeps jumping down. They you must waste time scrolling to see if you want to rename or delete. Getting tired of this. WHEN WILL YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?
Frequent Visitor
I am not happy with the changes to contact management. It is not important to view the individual contact information. It is more important to see all of the lists in one view. Also, prefer chronological order - not alpha order. Also - it is no longer possible to order the lists on the contact form. I hope you will reintroduce this valuable feature. This is very frustrating.
Regular Visitor
I love constant contact, but I think it is important to note that this change is a large enough step backwards for me to consider other mass email coordination services. I would highly suggest making the list management resemble the previous format, or simply keep in mind that many people use CC for managing contacts and list manipulation should be very intuitive and quick to edit. Thank you for considering my feedback.
All Star
I do not like this new interface. The emphasis is placed on the contacts, while I preferred the former list that focused on the Lists themselves. I understand not all accounts focus on the Lists, but I think there should be an option for the user.
All Star
To keep track of the most current lists, I referenced them by the numbers that they used to have in front of them that showed the order in which they were created. We have many people in our organization who use this account, so it's really important to be able to know which lists we want to use. PLEASE bring back the numbers!
Occasional Participant
Please bring back the the delete emails by list. I don't have time to go remove that many each emails individually! It almost made me hesitate to send it at all or worse send it without removing the emails- in either case we'd lose $$. Please put the feature back!!!!!!! manager@innatstonington.com
All Star
This is taking me way more time to add new contacts than it did previously. It find the new format a pain.
Occasional Contributor
Once a contact is removed, the contact cannot be found unless I go to the email with which the name was associated and go to the Email Report, Bounce report. Very convoluted. Need to be able to find name in the All Contacts list.

I am sorry to hear of this frustration. You can delete an entire list (and the contacts in it) by hovering over the list name on the left of the Contacts page and then using the down arrow to select delete. Once you do this you will see a pop up asking you if you want to delete just the list or the list and the contacts.

10-24-2013 9-52-54 AM.jpg

Thanks for this feedback!
Regular Visitor

I agree with the person above.  We have so many lists that we manage, and having them relegated to the right corner in  a box is frustrating.  We never look at the contacts as a group--they are not for us.  There should be an option to see all the groups at once. 

Visitor
I don't like the new design. It's now more complicated to add new contacts to lists. Also, for some reason, when some people sign up, they get signed up for all our lists and I have to go in and delete them from all of them except our main list, one by one. This is even more time consuming than it used to be, when I could quickly click down the list. Also, our default list is no longer at the top of the lists.
How can I access the lists (for example, opened) in alphabetic order? Also, a column is missing with the company name - how can I re-access that in the lists?
Frequent Visitor
Before the latest update, I could order my Contact lists. This was very important because if we send an email in error to someone who did not request to be on a mailing list, they will report our email as spam. If I could at least change to name of the list, I could number or letter them ( 1. 2. 3. or A. B. C.) to put them in the referred order. But the new C.C. won't allow me to do that. I do not like the new update.
Occasional Visitor
I much prefer to see all of my lists at one time, rather than scrolling in the small box to the left on the My Contacts page. Thumbs down.
Occasional Visitor
The first time I opened an e-mail, it did not put me on the unique open list. The second time, it did. Just now when I checked the list of unique opens, 32 were listed but the counter said there were only 29.
Contact lists are not in alpha order when scheduling delivery of an email, which makes it difficult to find the list(s).
Visitor
On the MY CONTACTS page we would prefer to view our EMAIL LISTS in the center of the page instead of our contacts. With the EMAIL LISTS in that small area on the left we have to scroll forever to find the list we want. We also prefer to have the lists in the order we put them, not in alphabetical order. At the least you could have provided a means of searching for a list, so we could go directly to it if we want instead of scrolling through that small space in the left column. This recent change has made our Constant Contact account very difficult to use.
For organizations with lots of contacts and lists, 18,000+ and 150+ respectively, the new system is very hard to use. We would like a way to look at all of our lists like in the old interface. We would also like to be able to group our lists (perhaps the folders). There is a need for lots of segmentation but the lists could be grouped together for example, each program, region, or event could have their own folder and than many lists with in that group. We basically need a better way to sort and group lists.

Before we the change, we were able to see the contacts that we removed from our distribution lists. Now we cannot see them anymore. It was a nice feature to see the deleted contacts.

The new Contact Management system means I can't easily see the names of all my lists on one web page. Previously, I was able to do this, and it allowed me to sit down with my staff and explain "we use this list for this and this list for that." It also helped us make decisions about which lists were obsolete and which could be consolidated. This process has been made much harder by the new Contact Management system and the fact that there's no way to recover this previous feature is going to cost me more time. I hope you can find a way to fix this, or rather, to unbreak it.
Frequent Visitor
I dislike having my screen used to show the first email list's contents and then just a slice of the email list name. I work with multiple lists and I want to see the list names - if I want to see its contents, then I would click on it to reveal the contents. I find this frustrating to view my lists and get to the right one without a lot of scrolling.
not ok to take away features ive been depending on
Occasional Visitor
I really don't like that they are sorted alpha vs. when they were entered. Makes finding the appropriate list a pain.
Occasional Contributor
How can order the emails list?
All Star
we have screen shots to show you that the reports are all wonky...second to last email send out REVISED vendor application says 25 unique opens yet 103 contacts, 2 bounces yet the list of bounces shows way more than two...
All Star
The unique opens number and % is incorrect on this page, and on the reports page the refresh button no longer refreshes like it used to. You should fire whoever programmed this new version, along with the QC team, if there was one.
Visitor
How do i return the order of lists when sending an email to what it was instead of the new alphabetical order. This has screwed up my latest email as i expected my main list to be at the top of the selection and so overlooked including it in my latest email. Hence this important time-sensitive email did not get sent to the majority of our clients! Please restore the lists to their previous order or at least give us the choice.