cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
Occasional Contributor

Please look at what we used to be able to do and giv us all the old functionability back.  I don't need this new interface that is hard to use, extreme slow and counter intuitive.  I want something that help me do my job not helps me spend hours cleaning the export so that I can spend hours reviewing the data and it looks like the update list feature is gone too.  I need a way to download my list into excel, clean my list information in excel and then reupload the list. 

I just got some help with database management and was finally going to be able to use some of the feature and you take them away.  Why would you want to make list manangement hard.  Whoever is programing this feature need to review the old system and make sure all the feature we had on that sytem we still have on this system.

Also whoever thought I wanted my list alphebetical was mistaken.  I took a lot of time(hours) to put them in the order they were in please put them back.  I liked them like that.  I don't like them alphebetically it make it hard to manage my lists.

Occasional Contributor

I feel bad that I'm being so mean, but I used to love working with your product and now I feel like I should research new vendors because you have created a mess and I'm not sure you a really going to fix it.

Desired features: -program identifies duplicate emails within list better -Being able to look through fields of choice in order to manage contacts -Create a way to browse through the list contact by contact (forward and backward arrows) -Choice about how many to view at one time -Merge function needs improvement -Side by side comparison of chosen contacts to aid in merging -
Occasional Visitor
You have NO IDEA about the problems created with this "innovation." Given naming conventions, I now have to sort through over 300 of my lists to find what I need and determine what I don't have. Give us the option of determining how we view our lists. An alphabetized list is not the solution in my case. And here now I sit at 10:30 PM trying to fix this problem for an email blast/reminder that I need to go out at 6 AM. Thanks a lot!!! Not!
All Star
I can't find any of them. I no longer know how to get to my list managment section I see no links anywhere to do so
Occasional Participant
Not happy with the change in the way I handle my lists. New method causes me to change my normal workflow and is not very clear. Here's what I do: - I have about 4 lists (basically just email addresses) that I keep on CC and use for my mailings. - I keep these lists on MY COMPUTER as Excel files so I can update (Add, Change, Delete) them between mailings. - I do about 6 mailings a year. When it's time for a mailing I first went to CC and used the "Clear Contacts" button to clear each list. - I then ADD my updated Excel files back to each list and schedule the mailing. Yesterday, I was ready to set up my next email launch and found that you had changed the function of the website - NO MORE "CLEAR CONTACTS" button - UGH! I was walked through the new procedure by your Help guy but feel it's not very clear. PLEASE! Put the "Clear Contacts for a List" functionallity back ASAP! We have been very happy with CC over the years so I've got my fingers crossed that you'll do the right thing and keep a customer happy. Thanks, Mike
The new format for management of contacts is terrible. Absolutely terrible. The only positive feature is the link that shows possible duplicates. The inability to order lists (and see the entire list name without clicking on it) is a huge setback and is costing our association valuable time. Moreover, if there are many lists, they are not all viewable at once. And once you click on a list and need to go back, the window that shows all lists re-sets to the top. When there is a need to remove a contact from being on lists (but not completely delete from the system), there seems to be no easy way to do that like in the previous version of contact management. Very poorly done Constant Contact. Very frustrated with Constant Contact's decreasing ability to provide an efficient system for non-profits who may already be strapped for time and resources.
Occasional Contributor

Still very frustrated( I've put 2 hours into the list and still have many more before it is clean enough for me to figure out what it's saying).  There is no organization to how the list( I have over 100) got put into the single list column.  I can't easily remke who is in what list.  and the only other option I have is to Down load every list separately and then merge them into an excel sheet and manually figure our who is doubled and why. 

Please tell me why all my list on in a single data field.  This seems like a very disorganized way to give people data.  and pretty usless too. 

Please go back to the old way.  or Can I get a list of my customers the old way.  

HI Cassie,

Thanks for all of your feedback.

• We’ve heard lots of feedback on the list displays and are working on changes to this for the future.
  • When you merge are you going into the list of “delivered”, selecting all and then using the “Add to Email Lists” button to merge them into another list? This screen helps you see when you’ve got contacts in more than one list and it allows to you move them to and from in one place.
  • You’re right that the export includes all information. Excel would be the best way to remove unwanted information—I apologize that this isn’t working for you.
  • Do you have an example of a header in the export that isn’t intuitive?
  • Company profiles are auto-created but don’t count toward billing. Your active contacts don’t include company profiles either as they can’t be mailed to.
  • The difference in your contact numbers would be caused by company profiles. Could a workaround be to use “company” information in a custom field or not import this information at all?
  • There is no longer a removed category as you can just delete contacts instead. This would allow you to add them back in the future. If you don’t want to be able to add them back, just unsubscribe them!
  • When you export and drag the columns to be larger, each piece of information will be it its own column.  When you try dragging the columns apart does the information not come along?
Occasional Visitor
Nothing is updating on this page except the number of opens.
Occasional Visitor
With this new format, I am unable to view my lists in one place and organize effectively. Alpha order and the small block on the left of the main screen does not help. The priority placed on contacts in the list on this screen is far less important in my work than the name of the list and my ability to see all lists in one place at one time. If I need to see individual contacts, I prefer to click through to a list as before. This contact screen view change will double or triple my workload.
Would much rather see the list of email lists as opposed to individual people. When I'm doing email marketing - I'm sending to a list of people. Need to scroll to find the list I'm looking for. Too cumbersome. Problems uploading csv file - had to resave everything to excel workbooks in order for the upload to work. I'm not a fan of the changes you made. It's taking me longer to do what I have to do.
Occasional Contributor

Hannah,

• how quickly will they be fixed.  I need my list by order of importance.  Alphabetical does nothing for me especially since the number list end up on top.  not really the important lists.
  • yes- did not work at all and did strange things to my list that I can't fix.  I don't change list per contact. found it frustrating to use.  old way was better tell your designs it is hard to use when You have lots of list,  I have a list for every sales reps and multiple markets in that territory.  if I only had a small number of list it might be okay but I don't think so.
  • no your not getting it I like having all information, I don't like have the list all in one block of mixed up mashed up data.
  • I downloaded my unsubscribed customers and the export did not tell me anywhere that these where unsubscribe customer and when they were unsubscribed.  instead I had an updated date.  and no notes about why the ustomer unsubscribed
  • Please make it so we can turn off auto created company profiles.  I don't need or want why isn't it an option instead of mandatory.
  • See above- but Why should I have to do extra work for a work around because you made something mandatory that I don't want or need.  While I do need the customer name.  I want and need the company profiles removed.
  • I understand that you can just delete customer instead, and I guess that now I need to unsubcribe bad e-mail address so I don't accidentally re add them.  Just so you know I would delete a long list of bounces and then use the removed export to correct my master database in another system.
  • Yes you can separate the column out, but when those columns are separated they don't fall into a correct list line.  All my Douglass Announces do not show up in the same column.  I've spend 4 hours trying to get all my list into the correct column and I still have hours worth of work to do.   You had an amazing download that would put a x for each list and kept them in order of importance. 

Please go back to the old system it was way better then this new one.  Still very frustrated and looking for new suppliers.

Cassie

Established Member
If I have 15,000 active contacts, why would I want My Contacts homepage to be taken up by more than 2/3 but a list of the first 3 of them? I need to see my email lists. I can go search for a person any old time. It's the lists that matter. Thanks for considering a tweak to the layout on this page.
Frequent Visitor
I want to look at my contact lists in chronological order, like I have for 3 years. I now can't do this. Change it back, or add an option to resort list order, somehow.
The Contacts/List pages look modernized, but have made it more difficult to see all the lists at once. It doesn't look like it is resizable either. Not sure why it was removed... or perhaps I've just overlooked it.
I preferred the lists-first format of the previous version of Constant Contact. Having the lists as the primary thing I see is more useful to me than the list of individual contacts. I'd appreciate the ability to switch back. Thank you.
Regular Visitor
I hate this new version of Adding Contacts. I can't find the lists I want because they are in ABC order instead of by date of when I created them. I can't figure out how to rename a list so it appears at the top.
Visitor
I miss the old view of contact lists. Because we have so many lists the new side-bar navigation style is really difficult to view and I personally don't need to see the contacts in each list by default. Is there a way to view the old contact list layout?

I totally agree. My 300 + lists were previously numbered in Constnt Contact a logical grouping order (built opver 5 years!) so I could easily manage my list differentiated groups of customers using the (unfortunately no longer available) list properties function. "Jumbled" is a great description for the unannounced a sudden list re-ordering (is it alphabetical? sort of? even my lists of class dates aren't in date order! I wish they could at least provide the option of using your old list order...they said it was no longer avaiulable so I have to rename, one by one, all 300 so they appear in my old previous logical order

). I can no longer easily reach out to my many different types of customerswith specific list relevant email templates. Very disappointed.

Frequent Visitor
The way Email Lists are now displayed forces the user to do a lot of previously unnecessary scrolling to find the desired list. To search for a specific email domain within a specific list is currently not possible. We have some companies that request to only be sent emails after 6pm so I'd like to be able to filter out those email domains from each list, but cannot with the new functionality. I'd also like to be able to hide some of the list columns like "Source" "Date Added" "Name" basically everything but the email address column. It would be nice to show how many times and when the list was last used and in connection with which email campaigns. Sort of an evolution of the list or at least a history of actions taken with the list. With our email campaigns we usually create multiple email lists at a time, one for each salesperson. This is now not doable. It's dramatically slowed and in some cases completely halted our productivity. Now I have to create up to 20 lists one by one when I used to be able to create 5 at a time.

I have numerous email lists in my account, some of which are used regularly, others very infrequently.  Prior to the update, I could sort my email lists however I wished, keeping frequently-used lists at the top.  Now lists appear just to be alphabetized with no option to assign sorting.

Frequent Visitor
Can no longer check boxes next to email lists to delete multiple at once. Now have to slowly go through each list and click “delete”. Slows productivity. Costs us money. Adding contacts used to be as easy as copy/paste the addresses to a list. Now I have to either add each contact one-by-one which means doing that process over 2,000 times in some cases, or uploading a file which contains both contacts we want added and contacts we don’t want added from our database. Constant Contact has eliminated our ability to effectively create contact lists and add email addresses.
Frequent Visitor
Where did the feature go that let you sort lists by date created, name, etc?
Is there a way to view my email list in the order that I created them. It seems that they only appear in alphabetical order. -Monie
All Star
the new user interface for Contacts is confusing with regard to Email Lists. the sort is automatically alphabetical. I would like to see an option to sort by date the list was created, giving me the same order I saw in the previous version. Thank you.
All Star
I appreciate your making updates, but this page is more difficult to use. I do not work with individual contacts, but with lists, and having the list of lists in a small sidebar is a problem. I never need the list of lists alphabetized, but only need them in chronological order with the most recent at the top. Unfortunately this page has added time to my work. Maybe you have a way to change back to an older format, but if so it's not obvious.
Hi, that wasn't the feedback I meant to ad, but I agree with that as well. NOt really liking the new contact section. Having the lists on the left and in a smaller list is much harder to use than the old format. What I am having trouble with now is removing folks from my contact list. That use to go fairly quickly and I could navigate to another page. Now it has been loading for awhile and the first time when I tried to navigate to another page it stopped the activity. and adding a person to a new contact list took forever to figure out how to do that.
I have been using Constant Contact regularly since 2009 -- the new UI for managing email lists is a step backward when it comes to functionality. The new design in Contacts emphasizes the e-mail addresses rather than the E-mail Lists they are organized into. That's backwards. The previous format, which was superior, showed the lists on a "scrolling" page, only showing email addresses when one clicked through. That was far easier and faster to use. Now you have made finding the right list harder on that page with the tiny box on the left and the way you force people to "drag" down that narrow bar along the side. Did you consider "down" and "up" arrows for people to navigate more quickly? I can't use my roller to go through that list unless I click on one of the lists. And then when I use the roller, it "skips" over lists, making you wonder "did I miss something?" I can't even sort them from large to small lists. Adding to a list has gotten less efficient as well. There used to be a web form that allowed me to add email/name/job/company for multiple people at once. Now that has gone away, I have to do that one at a time. How is that more efficient? You would be better off returning to the old format. If not, I will consider switching my organization's e-mail hosting elsewhere.
Last added Email list = highest in list.
Frequent Visitor
We use a fairly large number of lists - we try very hard to segment and target out communications, and keeping individual lists is the easiest way to do this. Unfortunately your new layout makes it much harder to organize and find those lists. And the way you display information about individual contacts makes it hard (or impossible) to see all the fields we're using. Really, I fail to see the benefit of the new layout, and wish you'd ditch it.
Occasional Contributor
Where is the quick print list tool? Where do you now find the UnSubscribe notes? Why do you think this is better?
Occasional Visitor
Can you please fix our account to reflect the correct amount of members in each group? The number in the parentheses do not match when you click into the group.
I figured out a temporary solution until Constant Contact works on fixing how lists are ordered and I simply number my lists. I also put a parenthesis because some of my lists have dates to further complicate things. Basically, number one is (1) and so on. It's working so far to avoid including or to make matters worse, excluding an important list.
I would much rather be able to view the contact list in the larger box rather then off to the side, it takes forever to go through. Too many clicks to add a list now. Just confusing!
Advisor

Hello Shawna,

I would like to check in and see if you are still having issues with your opens not refreshing correctly?

We did have some reporting delays and a few other issues that may inadvertency have caused this problem for you.

Can you do me a favor and DM directly if you are still having issues.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Hello Brian,

Thank you for the information, the issue that you are having is actually being looked at by our engineering team.
We are still looking for a solution to the problem, right now there is no workaround, however if you would like we can notify you when the issue is resolved.

Please DM me if you have any further questions.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Hello Ken -

Currently this issue is being worked on by our engineering team, we are currently aware of the trouble and apologize for any issues this may be causing you. We hope to have this fixed shortly, in the mean time if you have any questions please DM me directly!

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Organizer

We have protocol of what to do with a customer on a bounce list based on a the type of bounce.  For instance if someone bounced and the reason was "Other", we have them on a 3 strikes we remove protocal.

I downloaded my bounce report earlier this week. And in checking out your new engagement activity, I happen to spot check one of my guys that bounced, Alwen Chen,  bounce type is disignated as Other. Upon reading the Engagement feed i see that on 10-10-13 12:17pm email blast was sent, at 10-10-13 12:17pm Email was Not Delivered, then 10-10-13 12:18pm email was Opened.

Keep in mind, I typically check the bounce reports a week after sending to ensure it is the most up to date accurate report. I acutally downloaded this report THIS WEEK (short of a month later when originally sent) and Alwen Chen is STILL on my bounce report, even though through engagement activity, i see that it was OPENED a Miniute after the email was sent.

Long story short, had this been Alwen's 3rd strike, I would have DELETED A CONTACT THAT IS READING MY EMAIL THE SAME DAY I AM SENDING THE EMAIL, PER YOUR BOUNCE REPORT. 

It is highly suggested that you find a way to have the bounce report updated and remove those who open emails, in this case opened the email 1 min later. Yes, I could go to each individual contact and verify engagement activity, but as you can imagine that will be extremely time consuming.

I have attached a screen shot of my contacts Engagement Feed. Keep in mind he is on my bounce list, when it clearly shows that he OPENDED my email.

I want to be able to see my email lists in the main space, and then click on each list to see contacts. Or search each contact. As a business, seeing a list of 1000's of contacts means nothing to me, what is important is which email list they belong too.
Frequent Visitor
I would really like to see the old way of lists being arranged brought back. I find this confusing and I can't move through the process very quickly. When I click on a list it moves and I end up clicking on the wrong thing.
First, I am not able to see a list of all my lists in one place. I now have to scroll and scroll and scroll. Second, merging lists is now more cumbersome. I can't merge several at once as in the old system; I now have to do it list by list. I'm sure there are reasons you've made these changes and I can't imagine you'll go back to the old system...but the old system was much easier from a user's standpoint.
There should be a way to take old lists and put them in a folder so you don't have to scroll through them to get to your more active lists.
Just getting my first look at the My Contacts page - and there may be a way to adjust view but don't see it yet. E-mail list frustratingly small - can't move easily between lists because only 7 are visible. Contacts puzzlingly large - which makes them also quite unusable. The world is upside down!
Occasional Contributor
Hi, Is there a way to see the list of email lists besides the scrolling window on the left? There used to be a nice view of them on the My Contacts page but it has been replaced by a list of the individual contacts. There should at least be a way to toggle that so I can see my list of lists. It's really hard to see them in the box on the left, especially since I have to scroll down. I can't see them all at once. Am I missing something? Answer: User testing.
Regular Visitor
I watched the video but in my Contacts page I don't see the features that are supposed to be above the list. I'm using Chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 on a Mac. Also, how can I view my lists in a big view similar to how this was done in the prior version of Constant Contact? I have about 100 lists so the tiny viewer on the left isn't going to work very well for the needs at my company. Thank you.
All Star
I really need to know what lists were subscribed or unsubscribed to when people opt in or out.
I used to be able to see my lists clearly and merge them easily, several lists at a time. Now I cant see all the lists at once and can't merge more than one list at a time. I'm not even sure they are merging!! Also designing e mails has become more difficult. Text seems to jump and fonts seem to suddenly change at random. I have no idea what you have done but it's a big step backwards!
please advise if this is correct