cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
Frequent Visitor

It's saying that there are 313 Bounces and when I download them, it's only showing 80. Also, the columns don't match the other campaign bounces.

Occasional Visitor
Horrible. I want lists, not individuals. The lists are in some random order.
Visitor
The new contacts area is difficult to work with when trying to analyze all our contact lists. The older view was a much cleaner, easire to work with view of all lists.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
It looks like some contacts have been added on your account with no permissions set, which would keep them from appearing in your list. If the two contacts show up in the list, but the number at the top is different from the number on the left, this is an issue that we have seen from time to time where the numbers don't agree.
Status changed to: New
I am sorry to hear this, can you tell me more about the features you are missing?
Having to page-by-page to get to the middle of the alphabet is the pits! Please either use alpha letters somewhere to allow for us to narrow our search or... show all (so we can scroll to the appropriate of the alpha).
Regular Visitor
It seems like it shouldn't be so difficult to print out the list of bounces with the reason. pg
Occasional Contributor
We maintain a lot of lists-- our big list is parsed out into many different segments. It used to be a quick procedure to find a list or browse the ones we have, because the lists were in the center of the screen and searchable by using the "ctrl-F" function on the browser. Now the lists are relegated to a tiny window showing half a dozen at a time. The Ctrl-F function doesn't work and there doesn't appear to be any way within ConCon to search for a specific list-- only to search for a specific contact. If you have 100+ lists and are looking for one in particular, it takes quite a while to find what you need.
Occasional Participant
The list of contact groups is too small, too condensed, doesn't allow me to see how many are in each group. Adding contacts is horrible, I have no idea why you changed the format. Adding information for multiple emails is now time consuming, done one at a time. Change some of this back or you're going to lose customers, including me. Constant Contact was supposed to save me time, not overload my already taxed time.
Occasional Contributor

I agree with Carolyn. I have 113 lists and have been complaining to CC for weeks. How dare they alter our lists without permission? Their response was that the list was chronological, so how could it have any relevance. I wsa also told we can NEVER get the prior list order back, so don't count on it. Well, obviously CC doesn't know about their clients needs. Did they conduct any focus groups before they let their engineers hijack the company with ideas that they thought were appropriate?

The latest problem is with the "Select All" button when adding a new contact. Do you realize that the "Select All" option malfunctions? When selected it DOES NOT add contacts to any specific lists..... Only to the general subscriber list. How convenient! This enables CC to charge you for the subsciber name but does not allow the subscriber to receive any emails. This is fraud!

The last time I tried to call customer service it took me 10+ minutes to get a live person (I was told that was because there are so many complaints with the new platform). During that time I opened a free trial with Mail Chimp. I will be experimenting with their product for future emails. How sad!

All Star
Would like list view vs. contact list view. Hard to find lists. Not intuitive!
Occasional Visitor
The new changes to the my contacts screen layout have made it almost impossible for me to manage my lists. I used to be able to see all or at least most of my lists at one time, allowing me to think about how they could be consolidated, what lists to use together, what lists needed updated, etc. Having them just in the small sidebar makes this IMPOSSIBLE to use. Updates should make the software better, not take away tools that are important to the user experience. Bummed to see this change. Makes Constant Contact not as user friendly.
Why did you move the email lists to the left and cram them into a small box? This is useless, and it takes way to much time to track them down/make edits now.
Would be nice to have more than one view option to see my lists. Activity Screen will automatically remove downloaded lists after 7 days, so that will be great. Love the UNOPEN feature thank you so much Thank you for allow me to give you my feedback.
We have dozens of contact list, and this new layout is awful. It was much better before where the large part of the screen showed the list of contact lists, and we could select to see see the detail. Showing the detail in the main part of the screen with the contact lists squished on the left is really not helpful at all. Are there alternate views for this main contacts page?
Advisor

Machsys wrote:

It's saying that there are 313 Bounces and when I download them, it's only showing 80. Also, the columns don't match the other campaign bounces.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, our engineering team is aware of the issue and they are currently diagnosting it. Right now we do not have any ETA when this may be resolved, however I will contact you once we have a workaround or this has been fixed.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this post or dm me directly.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

All Star
You can no longer see when groups were created - this is really annoying with similarly named lists. Which one do I delete?
It was very beneficial to have a Do Not Mail list for Bounces so I could easily select the various types of Bounce Contacts and add them to a Do Not Mail list and then not worry about them being reimported. Now your CSR tells me I have to export them and and then reimport them into an unsubscribe list but that is too time consuming and it wouldn't be accurate because they didn't unsubscribe, they are bounces. My reports would not be accurate and your CSR should not be giving out these instructions because that is the wrong way to handle it. Just become some customers accidentally put people in the wrong list (is what I was told by the CSR) doesn't mean you make the rest of us suffer by taking away the Do Not Mail option vs just the remove. Now all my bounces will keep being added back in. It's ridiculous. The recent "upgrades" have downgraded your service.
Regular Visitor

I don't like the change. When you learn something new and get used to it, then it gets changed, frustrating

Regular Visitor

I figured out that you have to check the box next to the contact's name. Not intuitive but I see them now. 

How about the larger list view? That pannel on the left is so small I can't see many of my lists (we have over 150). The current set up is difficult to view and I can't remember the names of all my lists so searching with the search function is difficult.

Advisor

Hello Chris,

I was just looking at your account to see if you are still having the issue you mentioned above. It seems your Statement Contact Person List count of 48, I do not see a list tag assigned to this contact list after reviewing a few of the contacts, are you still experiencing this issue?

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Hello Meg,

I was taking a look at your email that was sent originally on 9/24 and after looking at all of your resends it looks like you have a total unique click through count of 64 which does add up correctly / 32 / 29 / 2 /1. Could you provide me the name of your email that is having these troubles? The one I was just talking about where the count is correct is named: Email Created 2013/09/24.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Hello Leandro,

I was looking at your emails, and was unable to determine which report you were taking a look at since the reporting data has changed since your last post. If you are still having trouble with your reporting please let me know which email and an example of the trouble you are having.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Visitor
Imagine my surprise today when I found my only choice was alphabetical order on my lists of lists. why not give us a choice of alpha or numerical order. I have over 180 lists and we keep up with them by list number. Is there a way you can restore that functionality to my system? This is a major headache and will take hours of work for me to to come up with a work around. I would like someone to call me about this.
Occasional Visitor
please fix
Contributor
Displaying the Active Contact List is totally unnecessary and such a waste of space. I need to see my LIsts quickly and easily (the way it was) without having them crammed off to a small section on the left side.
Occasional Contributor

Please bring back the previous List Properties functionality, which let you choose whatever sort order you wanted. This meant you could group your contact lists into convenient categories, such as different customer segments.

Occasional Contributor

Anticipating the change to the new system for one of my accounts, I very carefully and tediously numbered the lists 01, 02, 03, etc., but now when I go to select lists for an e-mail, the numbers are ignored and the lists are displayed in no apparent order.

All Star
see comments from support convo below: Raenae W: Welcome to Constant Contact Chat Support. How may I help you? You: HI WE'RE WONDERING how to view our email lists in the new setup. want to reorganize how they show up to have most used at the top Raenae W: Hi Sarah. I can help you with that today. Raenae W: Unfortunately, we do not have a sort option for your email lists in the new layout. They are shown alphabetically. I apologize for the inconvenience. You: these email list names are the same that show up for customers on the sign up for our email list page still true? Raenae W: Yes that is true. At this time, we do not have the option to re-organize the list or contact information on the forms. There is a blue Feedback button at the bottom of your Contact's page where you can provide feature requests and suggestions. You: can we view all the lists on one page like before, or is it only that small side bar on the main contacts page? Raenae W: Unfortunately, it will be on the smaller section and you would have to scroll. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. You: can you tell me what they are doing over there about these issues already? You: seems like a downgrade Raenae W: Well, we do enjoy hearing from our customer's about product suggestions and concerns. Unfortunately, we do not know what changes are being made until 3 days before they happen on the Support side. You: okay thanks for your help!
Visitor
After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts > Manage Contacts. In the Lists section, click the "List Properties" link. WHERE is the new list properties, I need to renumber my lists! thanks
Occasional Visitor
My opens reporting is not consistent between views. Currently one email says 7 unique opens when clearly there are 8 on the list. Another email said I had 2 opens, when again there were 4 contacts listed. It later updated itself, but these seem like basics bugs that should be sorted out. If we cannot trust the data we're seeing, then what is the value of the product??
Occasional Participant
Do not like the new contact list format. I do not need to see the individuals in the list as much as I need to see the all of the lists at once. Scrolling through the lists is irritating. You need to bring back the ability to see our lists all at once.
Established Member
I used to be able to view all my email lists and the relevant details on one page. Now these are shown in a small field I need to scroll through. WHY do you change the processes and displays on the ConstantContact site so frequently? Most of the time these are just confusing changes -- they don't really improve anything.
I'd like to be able to select multiple lists and delete them all at once, but I have to delete them one at a time. Very tedious!
I want my lists back in a simple page, ordered oldest to newest where I can see the complete name. Just like it used to be!
Occasional Contributor
I hate the drop down list...I have been looking for 15 minutes to find the list I need...I want the old list back where we can see all of them at once....this role down is inconvenient and too hard to read...please give me the regular list back...thank you...Judy
Visitor
i was able to delete my contracts group with one click. now it;s just a mess.
Participant
I was adding some contacts to our email lists. These were people already in my system. So I would do a search, check the box next to their name, and add them to the appropriate lists. Some people were being added to the lists and others weren't. After doing some digging I found out that the people that weren't getting saved to the lists didn't have their email permissions set. (After a frustrating 15 minutes). It's easy enough to go into their record and check the permissions box, but there wasn't any notice that I needed to do so. Ideally if you do need to set permissions you could do it from the list page so you don't have to go into the individual record and so it's readily apparent it needs to be done. If they keep it as is they need to at least make it so you either get an error message when you try to save someone to a list (with an easy way to set permissions so we don't have to click back and forth between a lot of screens) or not allow you to even get to the point of adding them to a list without first setting the permission.

Hi Paula,

I am sorry to hear this, it sounds like you might need to update the lists showing on your signup form. Click Contacts> Signup Tools>and click the name of your signup form. Any lists checked will display.

If this doesn't help please let me know!

Occasional Contributor
I used to be able to see certain lists at the top, based on how I ordered them. I'd like to be able to do that again.
Occasional Contributor
New layout is full of wasted space and much less informative and useful than old layout when I want to see who clicked on what - now I have to scollendlessly for what usedto be displayed on one screen . FIRE THE PROGRAMMER responsible and hire people that know what they are doing and how people use the site ..not the artless goofballs who did this redo.
Occasional Visitor
Email list management is now a nightmare- the old system with a full screen for the lists worked much much better- do yourself a favor- don't lose customers who stay with Constant Contact because they are familiar with the operation of your system and do not want to learn a new system. You are making it easy for us to jump ship and try someone else. Change slowly and simplify- you made many changes and made it more complex- a kiss of death to any software!!!
Occasional Contributor
Every single one of my contacts gave me permission to send. We run an "opt in" emal list because they have to actually fill out by hand a request to be added to our list. They also give us their birthdate so we can send them a certificate to use during the month of their birthday. Now that I can finally generate these lists, it says "some of these contacts will not be added because you do not have permission to send." WHAT THE HECK!!! I have lost so much money these past two months because of your "upgrades" that I can even fathom. Hanging by a thread, my business cannot afford any more of your antics!!!! If I had time to jump ship and get into another platform for my email marketing, i'd already be GONE!!! ALL OF MY CONTACTS HAVE GIVEN THEIR EXPLICIT PERMISSION BY THEIR OWN HAND TO BE ON THE LIST. STOP TRYING TO MANAGE ME AND MY LIST. GET YOUR s___$%T TOGETHER!!
Occasional Contributor
Is there a way to add several contacts at a time like we used to be able to in the old system? I add my customer's information once a week and usually have several to do at a time. The "list" style of add used to save me time... I only put in an email address and two custom fields. Don't really use/need all the other info. I could tab along and get it all in in minutes. Does that feature still exist somewhere and I'm just not finding it?
Visitor
It would be nice to see the number of emails removed, go to a (zero); to confirm the removal actually worked
Occasional Advisor
So with the new UI, in both places you can choose from your lists - when adding a new contact and when selecting lists to send an email to - the list of lists comes up one way... alphabetical order. That's ridiculous. I spent a lot of time ordering my lists in List Properties so I have the ones I need and use often at the top. Guess what? That's NOT in alphabetical order. Why wouldn't you let us choose how we want them shown? So far, you've doubled the time it takes to make lists to send and add contacts. Good job making your poor UI worse. I want to choose my lists from MY priority order, not yours. Please fix asap.
Occasional Advisor
Why the hell would you think that having my Email Lists in alphabetical order would be the way I'd want them, with no other option? I keep my lists in priority order, in the order I actually USE them, which - shocking - is NOT alphabetically. Thanks for screwing up my list order and not letting me change it. I don't want my email lists in alphabetical order, that doesn't help me at all. Thanks for making my job harder. Fix this. Put my email lists back in the order that I want them so I can use the ones I actually use most at the top and keep the rest of the lists in logical order. You keep making changes to the UI - way too many - and making it worse. My team wants me to find a new email provider, and I just might listen to them if you keep making your product harder to use.
You messed up my contacts and I cannot find my lists.I cannot find yoga,and my main email list.
Visitor
I absolutely HATE the way you have the contacts listed. I just accidentally deleted every contact in all of my lists. I do not like the way the items were listed. It is not user friendly at all!
All Star
I would like to once again have the ability to order our lists. This was very useful to us and having no control over the order makes it harder for us to get our work done. Please consider adding back this useful feature. Thank you.