cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We had to temporarily close one of our support sites. You may experience a longer than normal wait time when calling into our support center. Remember to check out all of our available support resources including live chat for the quickest response.

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

731 Comments
Occasional Advisor
Why on earth do I have to check "I have permission to email these contacts" every single time I update contacts, especially when I'm just updating EXISTING contacts. Thanks for yet another new mouseclick to make my job harder for no reason. My fuse with the new CC contact UI is getting very short.
Occasional Visitor
the unique opens % doesn't refresh in the email overview panels
Occasional Contributor
I just imported an XLSX file with 240 contacts. I had 6 entries on my spreadsheet with a blank email so I was expecting an import of only 234 contacts. The Import Activity report shows that 228 contacts processed (6 new, 212 updated), this totals 335. OK, so this is 1 off, I'm OK with that thinking maybe it was counting my header line or something. Then, when I look at the Contacts in my list (FAYETTEVILLE MASTER COMMUNICATIONS LIST as of 11.20.13), the parentheses next to the list name shows only 218. But when I click the list to see all the members, that is only showing 215. I then Exported this list and sure enough only 215 exported. So, I need to know what happened to the missing 20 contacts. (235-215=20) Thanks, Traci
All Star
in the old system I could view all the contacts on my email list and on this new system I can only see 50 at a time and have to hit the arrow at the bottom to advance to the next 50. could you change it so I could scroll down to see all of them?
Occasional Organizer
I need to clear 17 lists and re-upload them every week. With the new upgrade I now need to go into each list separately and clear the contacts - This is a major inconvenience and will add extra time into my clearing and re-uploading. I have about 80 lists on your database and I now have to scroll through a tiny side bar which lists them and find the ones I want, whereas before I could view them all on one page (select multiple ones to clear at one time) and add my own preference of order so that the ones I used regularly would be located at the top and all grouped together. I think the new layout is messy and it makes my job a lot more difficult. The fact that you can’t see a contacts email history and record all in one place is also extremely inconvenient. In the past I could check on an individual user and see their entire email history and whether they opened/clicked/bounced all in one place, this made it easy to determine what the problems were when emails weren't being received. Now I have to go into each particular email to look at these records. Generally upgrades are to improve a system, however Constant Contact is now extremely difficult and untimely to use with my daily tasks. And these are only the first 2 problems I have stumbled upon. I hope you can take my feedback on board and bring back some of the old layouts/functions, otherwise the use of Constant Contact for our business may need to be reconsidered. Thank you,
Occasional Contributor
The old system allowed us to add several contacts at one time along with selected info such as phone numbers, address, state, zip, etc. When I would speak at a conference etc. I would always leave a signup sheet with email address, name, city, state and zip code, then take it back to my office and enter all this in line by line on your old form. Now, INCREDIBLY...WE CAN NO LONGER DO THIS, WHICH FORCES US TO GO BACK IN ONE BY ONE AND ADD THE INFO PLUS ASSIGN CATEGORIES! WAAAAY TOO MUCH WORK!!! I have never had a problem with Constant Contact's thinking about how best to help us who are your customers, but this is a shockeroo! NOT WISE CHANGE, PERIOD! YOU NEED TO CHANGE THIS! GIVE US A WAY TO ENTER IT ALL AT ONE TIME!
Occasional Contributor
I would like to be able to see way more than 50 on a list of my contacts. As I have almost 2500 it is too slow to advance by increments of only 1-50.
Regular Visitor
When I add a new contact list title, it sends it into alpa order and then I have to dog for it -- would be better if it landed at the top of the list
Visitor
It would be helpful to have several fields to choose from when you click in the right corner to choose name, company, etc. For example if I am looking at the whole list I would like to see in the list view the name and the status for each (active, unsubscribed, opted out, etc). I look at the status with counts I have Active (975), Unsubscribed (862), and All (4127). The first 2 numbers do not add up to the all number so it would be great to know what the other 2290 are in the list. PS: Nice job on the site
Occasional Contributor
One recipient shows as opening my email, but when I click on his name to check "engagement" report, it doesn't even show that he opened that particular email. How many other things are being reported incorrectly? Ever since you started "improving" the site, it's screwed up. I see many glitches that I don't bother to report.