cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
Occasional Visitor
I used to be able to populate preset fields, tab through the form and click submit. Now, I can't seem to add more than one at a time and it looks so disorganize. NOT USER FRIENDLY!
Now that the lists of my contacts are bunched up randomly (but at least) alphabetically, it is very eye straining and time consuming to skim the list. Actually, I cannot skim the list of blue tab thingies at all. Hate it.
Visitor
Hi, i just sent a test newsletter on my 7 different email addresses, Constant contact successfully delivered the newsletter but didn't track any report for it-- the open and click rate is still zero though i opened and clicked 3 of those mails. Before upgrading my subscription i'd like you to clear this point for me. Regards
I don't like the automatic alphabetical listing of the lists. I had my lists in a very specific order. I regularly re-arranged the order to suit my specific needs. The new format has more than doubled the time it takes me to do tasks. This is the first time in 5+ years that I am actively seeking out an alternate provider. I am extremely unhappy with the new features. I will provide feedback on other features separately.
Contributor
I need a larger Email List, since this is what I work with extensively. It is very difficult to navigate this new mini-version, now reduced to a side bar. The large Contact List that is now in the place of the Email List is completely worthless to me (actually annoying since the first displayed contacts are those without names or those who use numbers or symbols). The Search Box is perfectly adequate to find a specific contact. The main Contact Page is now a real waste of valuable real estate.
Scheduling: Lists 1. In the Scheduling suite the list selection section is misleading. There is no obvious link or tab to view/manage lists. It's not until you click the plus to add a list that you can see the lists. 2. The list are then only accessible Alphabetically or by search. This is very tedious and unstructured for our needs. Where are our priority / ordered lists? We should have an option. Scheduling: No Draft Option When scheduling only options are send now or send later. There should be a Save as Draft option.
Occasional Visitor
you put the groups in alphabetical order. I had them set in a specific way most important on top... and others on the bottom. Now it is messed up. This is not good. Michael
Occasional Visitor
Trying to move contacts to new list is very hard if only can see 50 per page.
Occasional Visitor
It's so hard to add multiple contacts with their name and email. I normally insert the names myself rather than importing from outlook.
All Star
This is grayed out so a typically computer person wouldn't even see it. Before it was very easy to see which group to add the contacts to. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't allowed to add the contacts so I had to call your support desk where she pointed it out to me. This group should appear automatically like it did before.
All Star
I hate your change on selecting lists to send emails to. I had to waste allot of time with your new format. I have my list set in order of priority of importance and use. I have the ones I use the most listed first and at the end I have the ones that people are dropped into when they sign up at my website. I only look at these lists when I have enough names combined in all the lists to make it worth while to send it out to the various division heads for approval. Your new "Send To Lists" puts them in alpha-numeric order and I had to spend allot of extra time going through my entire set of lists to select what I heeded. It took me about 25% longer to set up our "Holiday Hours " fliers and it will probably cost me about the same from now on. Please turn off this feature or GIVE ME THE OPTION TO TURN IT OFF.
All Star
Your report is not only showing unique opens but all opens, even though it may be counting unique opens correctly. I keep seeing the same name show up over and over again. Why don't you rename your product ObamaContact? It works as bad as ObamaCare.
I used to have my lists arranged in chronological order, and I used to be able to merge them. Now they are in alphabetical order (which doesn't work for me), and I can't figure out how to merge them. Help.
Frequent Visitor
This feedback is regarding adding contacts who have requested to join my mailing list through ConstantContact. There is way too much clicking to do. It's not intuitive. The people who have requested to join my mailing list used to be easy to find because they were listed first. Now they are buried alphabetically. Usually I forget to check this prior to sending out my emails, and now it's cumbersome. Add to that is we have to grant permission to send them emails when they were the ones requesting we send them emails is so redundant. Finally, navigating back to find other new contacts to add to distribution lists is not easy. Normally I appreciate the changes that ConstantContact makes because it makes the email campaign process easy. This update is way off the mark.
Advisor

Hello Judy,

Please let me know if you are still having trouble with your reporting, based on the type of email you sent for example HTML/XHTML you may not have included the correct tracking codes.

Can you please reply back to me with the name of the email in question.

Thanks

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

I want my additional field to appear automatically in the options when I add a new contact. I don't want the extra strokes of having to add it. thanks!
All Star
A key part of list management to see more than 50 names at once and not have to "start over" when checking names for removal? C'mon people.
I want to be able to go directly to a specific letter in my contacts without endlessly clicking the "next" button at the bottom to get there.
Regular Visitor
Terrible....I liked having a page with a list, since I add contacts several at a time from one source. If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT! Thanks for making things more difficult...it's often not a pleasure doing business with you.
It would be great if we could view lists by date of creation and not just name. I typically need the latest list that I have created. It was suggested by customer support that I number my lists, but list number 1 today would become list number 2 tomorrow if I upload a new one, but I would have to manually change the number on all lists. It also made it much easier when speaking with customer support if I could reference the date a list was created.
Regular Visitor
A report for a recent email indicates that 125 emails "bounced," but the detail of the report only shows 64 emails. In addition, there is no longer a summary of those that bounced for various reasons, e.g., 10 - non-existent address; 5 blocked from receiving ConstantContact, etc. I can't find a way of exporting this information so that I can sort it by the reason for opting out. Is this possible?
Occasional Contributor
I need the ability to sort my lists by date created, not by name alphabetically (which is the default now). How do I sort my lists by the date I created them?
Occasional Visitor
The new view is awful. Having to scroll through the lists with no ability to see them on the page is terrible. Please restore the page-view lists, at least as an option, if not the default. Thank you.
It's useless!! No longer can you add multiples across a sheet by typing in. Backward step, Team
Occasional Contributor
It is extremely difficult to manage our list contact. I do not like the new format. It is hard to read and manage. The old list was better.
Visitor
I'm new to Constant Comment. I just imported a file from Excel. My list has 178 names, only 156 were imported into Constant Conact. I'd like to put my list in alphabetically order (by email address) to compare. Can't do.
Visitor
The sidebar with the list view is very difficult to view - especially when you have a lot of different lists. We liked the old view better.
I would like a tool bar with the alphabetical letters that I can click on to take me to that segment of my email contact list. Now, I need to scroll through the list with the arrow at the bottom of the page. It takes too long. If I am on the last page where my "Z" contacts are listed (alphabetically), I have to scroll through the entire list to get to someone with a "E" last name. If I could just click on an "E" icon and get to the page, I could do it more quickly. Thanks for considering this.I will be very impressed if you make this change to the updated CC site. Barbara
Do not like the new way contacts / contact list are displayed more difficult to work with.

In previous versions, the Lists appeared in chronological order. From top, or from bottom, one could quickly find a list - even if the name of the list was elusive. Please restore the ability to sequence the list from most recent to the past, or vice versa. If possible, make the Email Lists column header such that I can click on it to reverse the order. Thanks for the many updates you have been doing to make the system better. We've been using it for many years and appreciate the changes. Thank you. DanB

Frequent Visitor
Thank you for always trying to advance constant contact. however; some things are better left alone when it was already easy to use. The new list selection when trying to send an email no longer allows you to see the date you uploaded the list. Please go back to the old format. I beg you!!
Occasional Contributor
Would like to be able to delete multiple lists at the same time. Takes too long to delete them one-by-one!
All Star
i need to remove several - more than a few dozen - contacts from a list. i cannot find instructions on how to do this anywhere on the site.
Regular Visitor
With the new changes, how do our re-order how my mailing lists will appear on my sign-up form (if I don't want alpha) and how do I change my default list? I do not like the new changes.
Occasional Contributor
Grrrrr...... not user friendly. Not intuitive. No option to remove from mailing list. Just deleted lists the person was on, but they must still be floating around my contacts somewhere. No likey.
I hardly use constant contact, yet we have been paying for it for years. There are 2 simple things that I liked about it, that are now removed. You can no longer just start adding in a list of contacts, for instance, I play in a band so we go play and we have a sign up sheet (a paper) I come home and enter the names into constant contact, it was pretty easy, now it's annoying I have to do it one at a time. Secondly, how come I can no longer see when our contacts from a list were entered or where they came from? ie, did they come from me entering them, or our website.... Why make your site worse intentionally?
Visitor
I have noticed a change to the worse on your website. Before it was very clear: select all bouned contacts and either "Remove" them (so they can be re-added) or put them on the "Do Not Mail" list permanently. Now "Do Not Mail" list is gone. I have to "Remove" contacts, but it is unclear what would happen if I want to re-add them later? What if I want permanently block them? Also, the "Back" navigation button is missing and it is a huge loss as I have to go through "E-mail-Reports-Bounces" again instead of simply clicking "Back" button. PLEASE RESTORE THE MANAGE BOUNCES feature as IT WAS BEFORE! Thank you, Glenn Makoushinski IT Consultant to the Museum of Russian Art.

The new "look" is NOT something I would have asked for. The old look was working PERFECTLY - I have 30 +/- segmented lists that I want to see when I go into Contacts. I don't need to see an alphabetical list of my contacts. I need to see the "list" of contact groups that I have created and numbered as it was prior to the changes. Scrolling down the list looking for the one that I need in alphabetic order instead of viewing ALL of the groups listed in numeric order, as before, totally slows down the process. This is NOT an improvement, it is an AGGRAVATION !! Can you PLEASE sign me up for the old format somehow ?? Or can I "opt-out" of the new version ?? PLEASE HELP ME !!! BW

Regular Visitor
Your bounces report is, as usual, not working properly. It says it will export 106 bounces, but only exports 34. (Yes, I used the drop-down menu properly.) And it doesn't include the bounce type. this has been going on for quite a while and the people I speak with simply don't care. Well, when you start losing customers maybe that will get your attention.
and not have to choose the contact list each time...1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Occasional Visitor

I had my list in a specific order, now it is alphabetical which I hate!!!! Bad format.

Regular Visitor
Please update the list management so that users can search as we did previously. Unfortunately, I cannot find my lists easily as the focus of the new search is on individual email addresses.
Frequent Visitor
Dear developpers, I don't like the new contacts system. It is imposible to see properly the lists' names. It couldn't be so difficult to have the possibility of expanding them to the center. And it would be also much appreciatte to have the possiblitiy of sorting them as before (at leas by alphabetical order from a-z or z-a as it seems imposible to have the numbered list back!). Thanks for taking this into account, Daryl Upsall Consulting International
Regular Visitor
Last newsletter report indicated 9 bounced emails for a 15% bounce rate. However, only 2 contacts are showing up as bounces bec. of "nonexistent address." What accounts for this discrepancy? These contacts insist they do receive the newsletter. Would prefer to discuss the problem with support rep but I've been on hold for 20 min. and counting…..
All Star
Same as above
Occasional Advisor

Yes, this is a horrible UI.

My numbers do not add up. I have two mailing lists and the numbers associated with them add up to 342 You list actives as 362 Further, you list the total as 391 with 11 unsubscribed, for a total of 370. None of your listings of contacts show what list they are on so there is no way to figure out what is going on here.
Solution Provider
I cannot stand the new reporting feature!!! It NEVER matches what the main email reporting page shows. If the main email report page says I have 24 clicks and I click the hyperlink the detail page shows that I have 15 clicks and it only shows one link. It has been like this since you guys introduced it. This is NOT a minor issue and needs to be addressed ASAP.
It makes no sense that the feedback button sits on top of the "save" button. move it somewhere else? It's intrusive and annoying. Also, I really miss being able to just type in a long list of contacts.
Visitor
Why in the world would you think a tiny + sign would tell me that is how to start a new list???? Why doesn't search take me to a place that tells me how to start a new list??????