cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
Solution Provider
I don't need my contacts in big view - I need to see my lists in big view - what you have created is very time consuming and frustrating!
Frequent Visitor
I do not like the updated Constant Contact. I'd rather see the full list of Email Lists (our clients divided into seprate groups) rather than the full list of email addresses, when I first log on to our page. There is only a partial list of clients to the left and we need to scroll down to view the rest. Is there a way to show the full list of companies (Emails Lists) rather than the full list of actual email addresses when we log on to our page? Thank you.
All Star

Hi - I just spoke with one of your folks b/c I wanted to download all the bounces with their category. (Like I could before your change.) He said I can't but you'd heard from a lot of people and so will remedy that, which is great. Other thing I'm struggling with, and it's now taking me much longer to sort through the info is this strange order names are appearing in. No matter how I sort the alphabetic categories are all out of order. And within each letter category they aren't event in alpha order. Seems very quirky. Please fix that as well when you're making the changes. Thanks!

Deleting an Excel sheet of e-mail addresses from multiple lists used to be simple. Now, I wouldn't begin to know how to do it.
Your new reports are hard to manage and are not accurate. I don't feel I can depend on them. After my last email blast, I spent hours on the phone with CC trying to resolve exporting/importing issues which finally had to be reported to the technicians. This time I am told I have 21 bounced... I click on them and only 11 are listed. I am told I have 4 opt outs but only 3 are shown. This new interface is horrible. Please go back to the original one that worked.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback. I just want to be clear, the issue is that the percentage is not changing when the number of unique opens does change?
CTCT Employee
Hi Traci. We have had an issue with contact counts not matching exactly what is in the list (usually the discrepancy goes away within a few minutes to a few hours). However, this sounds a bit different. Are you still running into this sort of issue?
CTCT Employee
I have not seen any report of this other than yours, and I would like to investigate it further. Can you tell me which contact and which email are showing this, if it's still going on?
Visitor
I do not not like the new layout of the 'my contacts' page. I understand that it's made to be more simplistic but I do not find it user friendly in the least. It is quite hard to decipher all your email lists at once since it's now squished onto the left hand side of the screen. I am by no means a creature of habit, and in fact, welcome updates and changes but this new layout is not good. It's hard to navigate and to see all your email lists. In the previous layout it was easier to see your information all at once. I highly suggest going back to the older layout.
Valued Contributor

The contact lists now appear in alphabetical order.  In the past we could customize that order.  This is important because we could make groups of lists according to our needs.  The alphabetical order does not make sense to us. 

When can we expect to have this fixed?  I have been waiting since 7 July 2013.

All Star
Had a question about your "broken" reporting system but got tired of waiting for someone to answer your phone. Between deteriorating phone support and this new "improved" flukey system do you expect to have any customers left by this time next year?
Visitor
It would be helpful to have a view option to see a list of all my lists. It's really hard to see if I've missed one of my lists when looking at the small window on the left hand sidebar. I thought there used to be a list view in the Contacts page. I can't seem to find it anymore if it still exists.
Occasional Contributor
In the contact management area, the email lists column is not very user-friendly. 1. It's too narrow and difficult to read. Many of my email list names wrap onto four lines, which isn't ideal. Part of this is because of the reason below. 2. Organizing the lists is counter intuitive. In the old system, we could organize them by number in any order we chose. Not ideal, but at least possible. Now it's alphabetical. Our most-used lists start with the letters N, R and S, so you can guess that those are at the bottom of the list. We also have older lists that we don't want to delete but they're just hanging out and in the way. To remedy the order issue, I renamed our most used lists with "Current List" and then the actual name of the list. Cumbersome and time-consuming, and one of the reasons for them being so long (see #1). I appreciate the changes you've made in the email editing section, those are vast improvements over years past. However, the contact management section needs reworking or a reverse revamp. Thanks!
It already takes considerable time to manage contact list without having to make 5-6 clicks and backtracking to email list. Wish you could navigate withing list, edit, click next to next contact, and so on.
Occasional Visitor
it would be helpful to have alphabet guide across the top and bottom of each contact page so you go directly to the alphabet for the contact's name instead of scrolling through every alpha. Also, have the screen arrows at the top of the page as well as the bottom of the page.
Advisor

Hello Robert -

Looking at your post it looks like you have alot more than 2 lists, and lot more contacts now since your post on community. Could you please be a little more specific on the lists that are currently causing you some difficulty?

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Regular Visitor
What used to be easy is now a mess. Because my email lists are no longer listed by date entered, but alphabetically, I have to search through two years of mailing lists to find my last list. Merging a new list with an existing list to create a new list USED to be easy and now its a time-consuming chore. It was so much easier when all lists were shown in two columns and you just checked the ones you wanted to merge. BRING BACK THE OLD MENUS!!!
Occasional Contributor
I want to be able to arrange my contacts list the way it is most useful to me. With the narrow column listing and not being able to pull the main lists to the top it is not only annoying but inviting someone to click on the wrong contact list.

I apologize for the confusion, I see that you have reporting for all of the emails in your account at this time. Did you have to refresh using the green arrows?

Hi Paul,

I am sorry to hear of the frustration. We know that support has been a it busy recently so we appreciate your pateince with getting in contact. What issues are you having with reporting so I can take a look?

Thanks,

CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback. I can see how this would be very useful.
Frequent Visitor
Guys - i have to say, your website is extremely confusing since the upgrade. The My Contacts area has left me very frustrated. You really need to do a better job of simplifying. Very confusing on how to find saved Lists, and how to add contacts. The old way was much better. Just my opinion. Hope you make some changes.
CTCT Employee
I'm sorry you were having this issue. Is it still ongoing? I know we had an issue like what you described, but it should be resolved. If it is still happening, please let us know so we can look into it further.
All Star

It is so frustrating to work with email lists now. I really want to go back to being able to sort by chronological order as well as alphabetical. It's hard to work with lists or even see what you have the way they are currently on the contacts screen.

I am happy to help with some directions for you! Are you looking to remove the contents of one list from another or are looking to remove the contacts from the account all together?

To remove one list from another, go into the list you want removed and select all (or some) of the contacts. Click "Add to Email Lists" in the header and uncheck the list you want to remove the contacts from. So you know, you can also add them all to another list by checking the list off here.

To remove contacts from the account you would need to check them off in the list or import a file of contacts to unsubscribe. 

Occasional Participant
In a recent email, "As Christ Come Into Our World," it reports we have click throughs (currently 23 for one page and 4 for another). However, when you click in the number for the names it will list the names for one page but not the other.

Hi Milton,

I am not sure what you mean "edit lists in a table"? Would you like to see the lists displayed differently than they are currently?

Occasional Contributor
It seems you've separated the lists with more space between them now than when you initially made this change. This just means more scrolling to find what I need.
Report of bounced emails e.g. just now report headed "68 bounced emails" but only 27 shown. Used to match exactly. Therefore unable to know payment and other status of 41 bounced emails counted but not shown?
Just saw previous post (PhilipB6?) couldn't agree more. Please go back to the previous system. We pointed out wildly contradictory reporting of emails opened - report showing far fewer than the figure on which to click - that seems to have changed for the better i.e. not so wildly wrong - but still wrong e.g. 414 today - click - 420 is reported. Also "unopened" contradicts explanations available on this website stating that certain hand held units do not respond to the chip and are therefore not counted i.e. one can assume a larger open rate than is actually reported. Fair enough, given the technology employed. But now you are stating "unopened" for non-registering recipients - how do you know "unopened" please?
Occasional Participant
The way you manage lists really sucks. You can't read the whole list - it's on 2 lines on the left and hard to scroll through. When you click on a list to view contacts, you only see certain fields, not all the fields and particularly not the field I want to see on screen! There was nothing wrong with the manage contacts and lists until you messed it up recently.
Regular Visitor
The side menu is much too narrow and to short to be able to manage lists effectively.
Frequent Visitor

Another user here with reporting problems.  Requested a report for UNIQUE opens, got a report for ALL opens.  Tried it in both Firefox and Chrome, got identical results.  Not really a showstopper for me, because I can export the csv and edit out (or Perl-script out) the duplicates, but still, exporting unique opens used to work great a few months ago, so I'm wondering how come we're seeing this bug all of a sudden.  Coming from the database world, it has the feel of a legacy stored procedure or SQL script no longer working properly with a recently-updated database engine, but I'm unfamiliar with your infrastructure, so I'm probably blowing smoke . . .

Anyway, thanks for looking into this.

All Star
I also miss having the "created" date available for my lists -- this was valuable information to me. I can always add it to the list name, but it's an extra step and I don't understand why the data was taken away. AND, I cannot wait for Constant Contact to be Explorer 11 compatible. I really don't like Mozilla or Google Chrome. Spoiled I guess.
Advisor

Hello Folks,

I did some recent research into you current emails / and looked at your unique opens and open data and everything looks to be working correctly. We have made alot of improvements and fixes to our new contact system, if you have a chance can you please respond to this post and let me know if you are still having troubles and provide me some examples and screenshots so I can look into the issue for you.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Hello Paul,

I did some recent research into you current emails / and looked at your unique opens and open data and everything looks to be working correctly. We have made alot of improvements and fixes to our new contact system, if you have a chance can you please respond to this post and let me know if you are still having troubles and provide me some examples and screenshots so I can look into the issue for you.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Visitor
How can I delete a contact email list title I no longer wish to use? Thanks for your help.
Add next page, previous page to top of list also. Need to add a way to jump from one page of contacts to another by letter. It is currently very cumbersome to move around list. Need to customize fields that appear on contact list.
I do a couple of exports for different purposes each month. Your new way of viewing and adding to lists doesn't work well for me. Here is 1 simple example: 1) create a new list name by pressing the + sign (took a while to figure that one out! :-) 2) type the list name and save it. 3) it's gone. Since the list is alphabetical, I have to keep scrolling down to find it. 4) you really should allow me to sort the list ... or a better default might be by date (most recent at top). Here's another: 1) Create a new list. 2) Say you want to upload a file. 3) get the file selector ... highlight and choose the CSV file to upload. 4) I don't see any acknowledgement that file was selected ... it just gives me another selection window, same as the first. 5) I press cancel to close that and wonder if you ignored my first chosen file. I know that all of us are creatures of habit, but your old interface seemed much more intuitive and user friendly.
Occasional Visitor
Please either add the alphabet as anchors to the list so that you can get to the middle of the list quicker, or add links to the pages so you can get to pages quicker.
I mostly like the new features, but now the lists are in alphabetical order and I don't see a way to reorder them. This is frustrating. Is there a way to prioritize the lists?
Regular Visitor
FAQ does not answer the simple question.How to Delete a list. I spent 20 minutes chasing bad instructions in the FAQ list. I finally had to call for real time tech support; He answered the question in 30 seconds. Find the list and click the down arrow. Where is that in the FAQ.
Frequent Visitor
It would be so much easier to find a contact if there was an alphabet at the top of a list. I would prefer to find someone by last name, or better still choose what I want the alphabet to refer to. So for last name - if I'm looking for John Smith, I choose S to go directly to contacts whose last names begin with S. Thank you
Visitor
Hi I noticed on the reports I have a spike of subscribers on 6th of January 2014 and when I look into details email address is blank and it says it was added by me however I have not been adding new contacts on 6th of Jan (just sending a newsletter). Could you please investigate it?
Visitor
On "Contacts" >> Reports Could you add an option of daily growth? Having accumulating numbers is not that easy analyze as I have do the math and convert it to daily growth. Many thanks Emil
All Star
The new contact management pages are really not user-friendly. I need to be able to see who has joined my individual lists. Instead the report only shows growth of all lists combined... not useful. The displays are also so big that it is clumsy feeling and not easy to see all the info I need to on a single screen -- please go back to the drawing board on this. The previous tools were more easy to navigate and use. I need to track user subscribes to individual contact lists -- how do I do this now???
Occasional Contributor
PLEASE hurry up and get the group lists out of the squishy box to the left. This is a major challenge for us and I understand that it is for many users. I just spoke to a rep who said it was in the works but it will take 6 months!!!! You got to be kidding!! Cannot a change be made just to have a view choice?? One: to view it as it is now or Two: to switch out the single contacts view to a group list view, so we can find our lists quickly. This is so time consuming the way it is. lynn@iapam.com
Frequent Visitor
May I suggest you make the text size on the contact page a bit smaller so more contacts are viewed on each page? Thank you.
Regular Visitor
What used to take me a few seconds, now is cumbersome and time consuming. Limiting the size of the upload file is counterproductive. Those of us with larger files need the speed and ease of the previous process. We are a spa and use Spa Booker software. I have previously loved Constant Contact, but am now seriously thinking of changing to Mail Chimp because of the seamless integration with Booker.
Occasional Visitor
I would like to be able to put the contact lists in the chronological order. That serves my purposes better.