cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments

The new page layout is not of any help and is NOT functional. Seeing "Active Contacts List" of over 1500 email addresses is NOT helpful and is a waste of space. I need to see my "distribution lists" and would prefer that I have the ability to order them as before. Now that the lists are "alphabetical" I will need to come up with a new naming convention (alphabetical) rather than having meaningful distribution list names. I HATE, HATE, HATE the new page layout and I'm very disappointed. ***REMOVED BY MODERATOR***

HELP!!!!!
new list format is horrible
It automatically sorts alphabetically but that is not how I would like to view my Email Lists....is there a way to edit the view of the Email Lists by preferences, the way the old version allowed?
Occasional Contributor
It's been Months since the counts for Active Prospects and Current Prospects have been accurate. It's really challenging to manage lists when the counters are off. HOW MANY TIMES TO WE HAVE TO ASK?
Occasional Contributor
Could the Email Lists be in alphabetical order? Could their be an option to display all contacts by list?

Hi Dan,

Are you looking to bulk delete or unsubscibe contacts from your account?

I noticed your technical staff has discovered the latest list tech trick. They figured out that emails beginning with any given letter can be filed under the same letter----thus informing readers that L is an L. Brilliant to take up the space and making the lest much longer and more complicated. Return to the old easier system. It works better.
Occasional Visitor
...why no ability to view number of opens by each contact for each email...?
Occasional Contributor
How about adding one space to the Date Added field so it doesn't wrap to two lines???
Occasional Contributor

Lists are not alphabetized correctly.

Occasional Contributor
So far, these lists, no matter which one I am in, appear to be in random order! Not useful!! I need to be able to sort the lists by name, email, and date/time.
Developer
The email list segment of the new interface is NOT user friendly - it is not wide enough, nor is it long enough - quite frankly it is a pain in the rear to use. It may help me if there is a way I can print the entire list of all of my email lists - is that possible?
I exported reports for several emails into "excel" format... got all done with 6 of them and was going to start finalizing my client report...when I realized they ALL said "other" as the bounce type! yet, when I display the different types separately on the screen, the types show. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO RUN SEPARATE REPORTS FOR EACH TYPE OF BOUNCE FOR EVERY EMAIL I SEND - THIS IS TERRIBLE! **Please bring back the old bounce reports!! 😞
Organizer
It would be nice to have the choice of first name, last name or last name, first name in the correct order. Right now if there is more than one with the same last name the first names don't necessarily alphabetize correctly. Very frustrating trying to find people.
Organizer

It would be nice to have the choice of first name, last name or last name, first name in the correct order. Right now if there is more than one person with the same last name the first names do not necessarily alphabetize correctly. Very frustrating trying to find people.

Visitor
i loaded another 30 /40 contacts this last month - how can I be sure they got onto the master list because that is the list I use to send out my thought for the month
This would not be so bad, but even a numerical sort list 1., 2, 3, does not work if you have lists that are named 2013, 2014, etc.
Frequent Visitor
How do I see all my lists at one glance as I used before you changed the format?
This new user interface for every action related to contacts is very clumsy. Everything is large (being over 65, you would think I would like that, but NO) so you can't see much on each page. The email lists column wraps and you have to scroll endlessly. The contacts within a list require endless scrolling. Actions I do all the time are more hidden. Adding contacts is more complicated. I could go on and on. Did Constant Contact actually conduct User Experience testing with live, unbiased users? Or was this implemented by the same people who designed it?
Occasional Contributor
I am not comfortable with the size of font or the amount of space now taken up by individual contacts (right 2/3 of screen). Would like to be able to see my lists wider, 2/3 of screen. Currently they are squished into the lefthand column.
I have been using Constant Contact at our company for some time in multiple departments, and I think your new contact management interface is a step backwards. Before, you would first select your desired list and then import contacts to it. This was sensible workflow and served to give multiple chances to prevent errors of importing to the incorrect list. Now choosing the list has been moved to the last step, which forces a greater reliance on memory for the user 'what list am I working with?' and thus increased the potential for errors. Also, everything in the interface is TOO LARGE. This follows current design trends and is very 'trendy' while also, again, reducing usability be reducing the amount of information screens can present. Very, very disappointed.
Occasional Advisor

What additional information do you need? And why do we get a non-helpful response that things "are being looked at"?

Do you guys understand how frustrating you have made this site? Once upon a time, we could see the number of unique opens and who had actually clicked on a link, easily sort lists of people who viewed our newsletters, view their histories and so on. For reasons known only to yourselves, you decided to overhaul the site -- and you have ruined it. And all we get for a reply to our inquiries -- if we get one at all; I never receive a response to anything -- is it's a problem, you are looking for a solution, you have no workaround and you have no idea when it will be fixed.

Please have the guts as a company to stand up and say you are in over your heads. We've been with you for six years and that's about to end. This is the absolute worst example I have ever seen of a company that has made a choice to be evasive, nonresponsive and unhelpful after committing a series of self-imposed errors.

Please: a response to this.

Tyler Smith

University of Colorado Hospital

720-848-7819

Regular Visitor
I have a big number of list, I can´t manage with your new interface, is so difficult!!!
Visitor
It was much easier and looked organized. please bring back the list format
I manage our contacts list and my email lists were in my order of how they were entered. Others have made more but now it is difficult for me to add people because the lists are alphabetical. the ones i wanted to add people to were all at the top which are the more important lists.
All Star
This post is about viewing your lists of lists on the screen. The old system was able to let us list all the list simply on the screen. Now you get a wee little window on the left and it shows you what is in the list. Let me explain. I assume you know what an onion is. This may be metaphor for this. The brown skin is the list of all the lists. This was the way it was in the old system. Very simple and great view for the user. The green skin is the one list you want to drill down on. The while skin is the actual details any of your contacts within the list. Does that explain how you can make it so intuitive just like it used to be?
I really don't like this new setting it's hard to see your contact file names. you don't need to see all of your contact names

Thanks for this feedback! 

Occasional Contributor
I really don't like the new format! When I add a contact, and I'm asked to select a list, I either have to scroll through a long list of lists, or if I start typing, I get a drop down menu with white print on light gray background, which I cannot read. I also don't like things like this in gray print. Black print is so much easier to read. There are more issues, but that's enough for now.
Frequent Visitor
The number being displayed in the parenthesis for most of my lists are not correct. Please fix the display. Thanks
CTCT Employee

For all of you who have been looking for a way to more easily see your email lists (especially if you have a good number of lists) and have your more important lists easily accessible when you're adding contacts or sending emails, we released an improvement yesterday (January 22) that should help you. 

You can access the list view by going to the Contacts tab and clicking "Email Lists" on the left side of the screen. This view will display your email lists (up to 500 on a page if you like) and allow you search for a list, easily rename a list or select one or more lists to delete them. You'll also just have more room to view your lists, particularly important if you have a lot of lists or user longer list names.

Also, if one or a few lists are your most "important" lists (you use them frequently, want to make sure that others who use your account see them first when sending emails, etc.), you can click the star next to a list to "favorite" it. Your favorite lists will always appear at the top when you're selecting to which lists to send your emails, adding new contacts, or adding existing contacts to a list.

Thank you for bearing with us as we worked on getting these features to you. We look forward to your feedback on how useful they are to you.

Jennifer Bubriski

Group Product Manager, Contacts

Valued Contributor

I keep finding problems with the new contact management system.  There are inconsistencies in the following:

1. When going to the Contact Management system, the number of active and unsubscribed contacts does not add up to the total indicated.

2. When opening an email that was sent and reviewing the statistics, it shows, for example, a certain number of bounces, but when clickin on the number of bounces, the lists are not consistent -either there are no bounces or the numbers are different.  Therefore, the report shows a percentage of non-existing bounces.  Also, since you changed the system, the email reports show an increase of bounces, compared to other years, so my results do not as good as they were in the past - because of the non-existing bounces that you report as bounced.

3. When opening an email and reviewing the numbers, how can I get back to the same email?  Once I click to the numbers reported (i.e., openings, bounces), there seems to be no way to return to the statistics of the same email.

4. The active contacts list show different dates in which the contact subscribed.  For example, the first 3 contacts in my active list joined on 23 January, but the list shows 24 January.  Why this inconsistency?

So many problems, guys - I  see very little progress (to be diplomatic and not to hurt your feelings).

Lucia

Occasional Visitor
Overall I like the new design, but I want to have the default number of contacts per page to be 500. When you go back and forth between adding contacts and the list, it goes back to displaying 50. Wouldn't be an issue if the list loaded more quickly per page, but it's a little sluggish. Thanks for listening!
CTCT Employee

Elise,

Sounds like you've already found the choice at the bottom of the Contacts page to change from viewing 50 contacts per page to a higher number per page like 500. If you make a select there, it should "stick" for you if you're using the same computer and web browser on that computer (so if you use both your work and home computer, you'd have the make the choice on each). If that's not working for you, make sure you're not browsing in "private mode" if you're using Chrome or blocking cookies. We store preferences like how many contacts to display per page in a cookie on your browser.

Jennifer Bubriski

Group Product Manager, Contacts

Occasional Contributor
Again, I am asking why did the new software platform re-order my 100+ lists? I had them listed chronologically for a reason. Now, without my permission the new software program has re-sorted them so they are alphabetical. I don't want them this way! Your software developers are hijacking your business. Someone with a marketing background needs to supervise the changes before they are implemented. From a disappointed long-time customer!
Occasional Visitor

I sent out an email blast when your sever had issues. My stats are still not showing that all contacts were sent? When I go to refresh my stats it takes me to another page. I also had some new subscribers and they are not listed. User **Removed by moderator** please try to get these problems fixed! Thank you, Stephen C

I apologize, can you clarify what you mean by the pages? Are you seeing a different number of clicks on different links or are you viewing information for more than one email?

Occasional Visitor
I do not like having to go to another page to view all my lists. I used to be able to scroll through them first then select the one I wanted to go into. Thanks,
All Star
How do you add contacts to a specific list NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All Star
I like to manage my own lists and send it each time for a mailing campaign. This new version of contact management makes it very difficult to do it this way.
Occasional Contributor
The contact report does not show the represent the actual amount of people that unsubscribe. It is showing the number of people that are in the unsubscribe area plus some unknown number. This is very similar to the number of contacts & the All number...very strange way to create a database.

Hi Courtney,

Click on the main Contacts page and then click the Add Contacts button to see the options available. You can add one contact at a time, add a list of names and email addresses or import a file of contacts from excel. 

CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback. There are several views that you can use.

Contact Management View

This is the view that lets you get into the nitty-gritty of your contacts. It's also your default view when you start using your account. It allows you to:

Need to do some basic work with renamingdeleting or creating new lists while in this view? No problem! Those options are available here as well as in the List Management view.

List Management View

When you need to get the general scope of your lists, this is the view you'll want. With this view you can:

• See up to 500 of your lists at once 
  • Sort your lists by things like number of contacts per list or the date the list was created
  • Search for specific lists

It's still easy to dive deeper from this view, too. Just click on any of your lists and you'll be taken to the contact details for that list. Need to do some basic work with renamingdeleting or creating new lists while in this view? No problem! Those options are available here as well as in the Contact Management view.

Changing Views

Moving back and forth between the two views can be done with a single click. 

1. Go to your Contacts tab. 
  2. Scroll to your left-hand menu options.
  3. Click  either:
  • "Contacts" - This will take you to the Contacts Management view
  • "Email Lists" - This will take you to the List Management view

Contacts Page

CTCT Employee

Thank you for providing feedback. The Contact Growth Report (found by clicking Contacts and then Reports on the left) is set-up to show the total number of contacts within the account. It will show how many contacts have been added as well as unsubscribed. The default is to show the numbers for the last 30 days. This can be changed, on the top right, you can click the drop-down next to view and choose a different time period.

If you still have questions about the numbers that are showing in your account, please give our support team a call at 866-289-2101.

All Star

Problems with reports as follows:

When I hit the "refresh" icon I getr a "resend" screen.

I am showing "opens" for links which were not present in my broadcast email

Please acknowledge receipt of this message: mail@alasdairfraser.com

Thank you!

I am sorry to hear of this frsutration. Can you tell me more about what browser you are working in when this happens? Also, are you on the Email >Reports page or are you looking at the detailed reporting for a specific email?

What email report is showing links that were not included so I can take a look?

The Click-through Stats is not showing me the report for all the links included in my newsletter.
Visitor
Sorry it was much easier to view and work with before, the way you had the different email lists front and center. Then you could see how many in each list and click on the list to open it and view the emails. Please bring back the old format! thanks
plz