cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thanks for the feedback! I am hoping to get a little more information from you about the links that are missing from the click-thorugh statistics. Can you tell me which links aren't appearing on your email's reports page? It may be beneficial if you call the support team here at (866) 289-2101 when you have a moment. Please let us know if you have any more details or feedback!
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please continue to vote, and don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

Thanks for sharing this feedback. The Did Not Opens report contains addresses that we could not verify open information from. Yes, some of these addresses may have opened the email and the open just wasn't racked so this is why we recommend you manage these a little differently. When an address bounces we know the email wasn't recieved but opens are harder.

We would suggest that you keep an eye on who didn't open and remove them if they don't open any of your emails over a period of time.

Occasional Contributor
I only have 100 unsubscribes but the system tells me in a graphic report I have over 250...something's not right.
CTCT Employee

Hi John,

I'm doing some research on the issue where you are seeing a different number of unsubscribes in the report compared to the actual unsubscribe list. Can you tell me if you've taken any action to delete contacts in your account? Currently, you can delete contacts by checking them and then hitting delete, even from the Unsubscribe page.

Visitor
n/a
Visitor
When looking at bounce type report defaults to "Other" even if "all types" is selected. Also, if I click on an individual bounce history, in order to get back to the bounce report I have to start all over again. Not very responsive design for the user.
Visitor
And the bounce report that exports isn't complete and doesn't accurately reflect the bounces. What????
CTCT Employee

Hi Brenda,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. What kind of tracking information are you looking for in click-throughs?

Currently, the system is designed for you to be able to click on the hyperlinked number under Clicks and you will see a total number of clicks for each link in your email. On this page the number for each URL is clickable and allows you to see the list of contacts that clicked on the particular link. You can find more information on using the click report in the link below:

Using the Email Click Report

When you first go to the number of bounces in an email, it shows the bounces that are recommended for removal. At the top right of the page, there is a Display drop-down in which you can choose to view All Bounces or a specific category. You can find more information in the link below:

Find Bounced Email Addresses

Visitor
The listed activity on a contact indicates emails not delivered, Not one says "opened" however, the person assured me that she is indeed opening and reading the emails.

HI Ron,

I am sorry to hear this is happening. Can you email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the address you are referrig to?

CTCT Employee

Hi  

I checked your account and looks like your contacts jumped from 715 to 835 on those days. I did check our system and there were no new contacts of that amount newly added in. Do you know if you moved contacts from the All List to Active list at that time? That would cause the spike on that specific day but not reflect it as new contacts added January 6 since they were technically in your account before then, only moved to the Active List.

That's the explanation I have for now, and I know this is a late reply but please let us know if you have any other questions about this. Thanks!

Anna N

Social Support and Community

CTCT Employee

Hi Jennifer,

You can still find the new subscribers in your account and the lists they belong to, you can go to the Contacts page > sort them by date added > select those contacts > and then export them. The exported file will have their list information for your reference.

I will move your post to the forum for contact report requests so we can look into more customized sign up reports for you. Thank you for your feedback!

Anna N

All Star
1. Would love to be able to page through the contact list from either the top or the bottom of each page. 2. Would love to have the main contact list show which list(s) each contact is on.
CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback, these are great ideas!  Please continue to vote for other ideas you think will be helpful and let us know if you have any additional feedback about how we can make the product better!

Thanks for this feedback, can you tell me more about where the numbers are differing? Are you looking at the number of active contacts vs. All contacts?

Hi BrendaT33158,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. We are working hard to resolve this and will share any update here as soon as we can!

Regular Visitor
Your directions in your help are far to complicated. It says one thing but then it cannot be found. How do we delete a contact? Do you have ways for us to learn more about your system. It is very difficult to understand. Thank you Brownsburg Chamber of Commerce
CTCT Employee

Hi 

What kind of report are you having issues getting to? Here's a great video on how to view the reports in the new system: View Reports. Hope this helps. Please let us know how else we can assist. Thank you!

Anna

CTCT Employee

Hi Mike,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion.

Here is an FAQ that will walk you through deleting a contact from your account: http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5680-delete-a-campaign

Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

Occasional Visitor
Your interface keeps telling me that there is an inconsistent number of columns for the rows. I have checked carefully, filled in all empty cells and the number of column is the same for all rows. So what's going on??
CTCT Employee

Hi Charlotte,

As discussed in our conversation, please be sure to delete any of the blank rows above  your headers.

If there was an easier way to remove people from lists, or a possibly a submission listing option, it would make my life 100% easier.
So I checked my report numbers for my last email. When I click on reports it shows 96 opens. When I click on the actual number it shows 120 Opens. Therefore, when I look at just the snapshot of the reports for all emails your number is erroneous. I really detest this new format.
Valued Developer
When I click on the reports tab (from the Email tab in the web UI), the page partially loads and the spinner graphic appears and never goes away. The report(s) never appear. I'm using Chrome. There are several javascript errors on the page, such as: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Occasional Visitor
We are receiving notifications of emails which have been blocked or are undeliverable, but when our clients are contacted they say they are receiving our mail. Also on occasions you state a certain number of emails have been bounced but the list you show does not correspond to the number you have quoted. We should be pleased to receive your comments.
when I look at my autoresponder stats, it shows 222 bounces. When I clicked to view and export the bounced list, there are 750 contacts on it. why?
Visitor
I sent out emails to 1158 and get 108 clicks. When I do 108/1158 I get 9.3%, your website gets 17.9%.
My last distribution showed 20 Bounced emails, but the detailed list of emails only displayed 13 email addresses....what happened to the other 7 identified Bounced emails???
Occasional Contributor
An e-mail shows 53 e-mails bounced. Yet even with "All bounce types" it shows only 52 listed. No indication of who the missing person is or why they are not listed. Not good design!
Advisor

Hello Vicki,

Can you please provide me the autoresponder that you are looking at the reporting issue with? Once I receive that information, I will take a look at your reporting and be able to better assist you with your question. If you would like you can DM me the information directly.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

The campaign results show a number for "Unique Clicks" at the top. When you click on that to see the breakdown, the chart shows a breakdown of "Unique Clicks" that does not equal the same total as the "Unique Clicks" at the top of the page. When I inquired about this, I was told that the breakdown of "Unique Clicks" is actually the total number of clicks, not unique clicks. I suggest that you change the term to "Total Clicks" to better represent what is shows, and to avoid confusion with "Unique Clicks." Thanks.
Occasional Contributor
When I click on the Reporting tab at the top, the list that appears does not include many of my most recent campaigns that were sent out. The latest it shows in the list is from May 7th and today in May 19th. All in between those dates are not listed. Wondering why!
Status changed to: Closed - No Action