cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

731 Comments
Regular Visitor
I have a list that has 38 bad addresses and have no way of knowing which ones they are. I was told by support that this is the way it was programed. This tells me I have several lists that I have no way of maintaining. This makes them useless. Database 101 (if the data is erroneous it is useless) My question to the programmers is how do I remove addresses with no way of knowing which ones are bad??? This is a huge step backwards, plus the maintenance tools are less than intuitive.
Status changed to: New
Hi John, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Can you tell me a little more about the process you are using? Are you uploading a file or just looking through a list? When you say that the addresses are bad, are they not part of a list or are you not able to mail to them? When you are looking to remove an address you should be able to see the engagement history of an address on the right of their details. This will show if they have bounced, opened, etc. If you are trying to remove directly from a report of your bounces you can do that too.http://contacts.constantcontact.com/articles/FAQ/4850 Thanks for your help.
Regular Visitor

Hannah,

Yes, these are contacts that have been in our list. The new format lumps them all together i.e.. (good contacts, contacts that have not replied to opt-in email, contacts internally blocked by Constant Contact). This format does not allow the removal of the bad contacts, because we have no way to filter for them.

I understand that if the address bounces I can remove them at that time. But if the address is blocked and never sent to by Constant Contact, they will never bounce. The only way I have found to get around this is to print out the list that received a recent mailing and then compare it to the full list and pick out the bad addresses. That may work on a list of 100 or so, but one of our lists has almost a 1000 bad addresses. I just don't have that kind of time to devote to keeping my lists clean.

To me this is unacceptable, if the address can't be mailed to don't include it in our lists or give me an easy way to remove them.

John  

All Star
Main report says there are 10 'Opens'. Next detail pages (Unique Opens) indicates 7. When I choose "All Opens", it shows 10 different individuals have opened the email. Why is this so hard to get right? Buz Mayo
CTCT Employee

Hi John,

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the new contacts system.  For contacts that have no replied to opt in emails they will be listed in the awaiting confirmation filter on the left hand side of the contacts tab.  Also what features or process in the old contacts system did you use to do these tasks?  The only time we would not send to an address is in they specifically contacted us or if they bounced 3 times within 16 days.  How did you acquire a list of contacts that we were not sending to in the past.  Any information will be helpful in hopefully resolving this issue for you.

CTCT Employee

Hi Buz,

After looking into your account I was not able to find the email you were referring to.  Can you please email that information as well as a reference to this post to social_support@constantcontact.com so that your email names privacy is kept, then we can look into this further. 

Advisor
Status changed to: New

Visitor
I just spent time adding my new contacts and I still can't add them. I liked the other way MUCH better, faster and easy. This new format is aggregating!
Occasional Visitor

Go back to original list format !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visitor
When I try to add a name and email to my main list, a new list is created with that name. I now have two lists that I can't delete, and I can't move the names on those two lists to my main list. Come on. Clarity, please. I don't feel that much on Constant Contact is user friendly anymore.