cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
Regular Visitor
I need to be able to simply add several emails at once as before - I don't have time to store detailed information on each user in Constant Contact
Occasional Visitor
I'm very disappointed in your "new" version of Constant Contact. (1) Unable to pull up an Email List that shows contacts and all corresponding lists that contact is on. You had this functionality when I first signed up for CC years ago. Now it takes 4x longer for me to manage my lists!!!! (2) In past, Constant Contact would check Contacts w/lists, ensuring that if a contact was listed on 2 LISTS, contact would only be sent ONE email. That no longer applies. (3) I'm also VERY disappointed in NEW email create tool. Takes me 5x longer to create emails now. In other words, your new system SUCKS!! I hate it!! Shopping for new newsletter campaign provider. You're no longer user-friendly. And you're EXPENSIVE!!!!
All Star
I have over 30 group lists, and 5500+ contacts. You have moved the important portion of lists off to the side, and show only 6...in alphabetical order...not efficient for my purposes. I DON'T NEED three quarters of the screen showing the first 50 of my 5500 contacts. If I needed to see these, I could have looked them up. Adding contacts now is cumbersome, and inefficient too. Did someone designing this change forget to contact the customers who have large lists and special customer lists,.... to ask them what they needed when you decided to "improve" the site?
Regular Visitor
I would like to be able to view more than 50 addresses at a time. Only being able to see 50 makes it time consuming.
JPP
Regular Visitor
When adding contacts from an excel spreadsheet go the message that is was too large (@ 6500 names). Had to break it up. Never had this problem before. Just gets me confused and takes extra time. FYI. Best, Loyal Customer, JP Powel, Salt Marsh Pottery
Occasional Contributor
In the left column it says I have 5 clicks but in the right column it says 4 clicks. Other report numbers have been inconsistent for weeks. How can these "engineers" let mistakes like this linger.
Occasional Visitor
for some reason i am not seeing an easy way to delete the address that have unsubscribed...what am i missing?
Occasional Contributor
Very difficult to find how to delete a list. Previously it was easy to find. You just clicked a box. Seemed impossible to do with the new system. Had to call for help.
Occasional Visitor
Used to create a duplicate "temp" list, browse to a list in "MY Docs" on my computer, then "remove" that computer list from the "temp dup"....PLEASE return this feature!
All Star

My account is also showing 0 active contacts. I have tried logging out and logging in again but so far no luck. Is there something else I should do?

All Star
I think the old contact reports were much more detailed and broke the contacts down into various categoreies like removed contact, do not mail contacts etc etc. They also gave details of prior to the current year so you had a total overview.
Visitor
With the old Constant Contact (CC) I could run my eyes down the full list of email lists. Now I can only see six lists at a time and I spend all my time doing my up and down arrows. Please give me a much bigger view of my email lists at one time. Thank you. (I am writing this politically but I am as bad as ##$$%%^#).
List management functionalists no longer exist. New stsyem has turned the two steps I use to take to manage lists and segmented renewal reminders from 2 steps to 54. Please help! I use to be able to select my segmented renewal lists and clear all contacts at once. Now I have to open each individual list, select the contacts, and then clear them. I have 18 different renewal messages I send each month that are highly segmented (i.e. we want people to only get the messages that pertain to them...just like constant contact taught us!) Please help us continue to send only pertinent messages to our highly valued list and membership! Talked to Albert in Customer Service...he agreed this change was very bad for our situation...we have lost a great deal of functionality!
D.K
1. First, the new interface for "Opened", "Clicked", "Bounced", "Unsubscribed", etc., takes too long to load. Perhaps it's because it looks more graphic-oriented, which is not really necessary when managing contacts. 2. In each of those categories mentioned above, perhaps with exception with "Opened", it is more important for me to be able to sort the names by Date/Time then by First/Last Name. And you currently don't have that feature. When I have tens of clicks, I'd like to be able to see who's clicked since the last time I checked, rather than having to search through all of the names again, etc. And once I select that sorting preference, I'd like it to lock, so I don't have to select how it sorts every time I open that specific list. 3. And this is probably most important. I have over 100 small mailing lists, which is how I've managed for the past four or five years to target my varied audiences. It is more important for me to see a full page of all of my mailing list than all of my thousands of contacts in a single list as you current have it designed. Right now I have to scroll to find a specific mailing list in a tiny column to the left of all of the contact, which I find extremely inconvenient and thus annoying. Please fix that! Thank you. Cheers! :-) Kulov
All Star
Does your "refresh" button no longer work on weekends? It used to before your so-called "system improvments."
All Star
Your reporting sustem still is not working correctly. Not only are new opens NOT being counted but repeat opens pop up in the unique opens report. GET IT RIGHT OR GIVE US A DISCOUNT FOR OUR TIME
CTCT Employee

Over the past few months, we have started the rollout of a new, more robust contacts platform, which offers our customers increased flexibility, more scalability, and a newly redesigned UI for managing contact records.  

We've gotten some great feedback on these new features, as our users love the flexibility of the new search functionality and the ability to easily see all of their contacts without having to traverse into a list.  

We expanded and updated the contact profile, which has made it easier for our users to manage their contact data. And, we've also heard from users that they love the new, more modern and streamlined layout and design. 

But with a user population as large and diverse as ours, it is inevitable that changes — like the changes we've made to our contacts platform — will not affect each of our customers the same way.  

In particular, customers who maintain large numbers of email lists faced some challenges when working with the new contacts tool — it proved difficult for them to scan and manage their email lists. 

We listened intently to all of this feedback, and immediately started working on a solution that addresses the challenges that are unique to our large list customers, while not disrupting the experience for the rest of our customers. We're very excited that these changes will be rolling out to our users in a few weeks, and will continue into early 2014. Here's a quick preview of the updates:

1. In a few weeks, we'll be rolling out an update that simplifies the permissions settings, while making sure that permissions are selected by default:

one.png

2. At the same time, we’ll make it possible for you to view more contacts per page when managing contacts:

two.png

3. In early January, we'll be releasing a new email list management view, designed to make it a breeze to work with your lists:

three.png

4. And finally, in the first quarter of 2014, we'll be releasing a new, tabular input for adding contacts, enabling quick and easy entry of multiple contacts with multiple contact fields:

four.png

Jennifer Bubriski, Group Product Manager - Contacts

Giles Phillips, Chief Product Designer

Hi, I don't care for the new Contact Page design. I don't need to see the names on the list when I am looking for list names. I created a new list and updated an existing list easily enough, but I can't see how to edit a list name, and I was told my new list name already exists, even though I don't see it listed twice. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
I HATE your new ADD CONTACT page. Absolutely hate it.
Advisor

Dear JohnL605,

The issue you were having with inconsistent open rates was fixed, we resolved this issue on 11/14. Your Open Rates should have caught back up and look normal once again. If you are still having troubles with your open rates, please reply to this post or call into customer support so we can see if there may be another underlying issue.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Dear HarryS445, JoshuaD9, PaulM87, buzmayo, SteveN862

The issue you were having with inconsistent open rates was fixed, we resolved this issue on 11/14. Your Open Rates should have caught back up and look normal once again. If you are still having troubles with your open rates, please reply to this post or call into customer support so we can see if there may be another underlying issue.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Hello Tara -

Currently this issue is being worked on by our engineering team, we are currently aware of the trouble and apologize for any issues this may be causing you. We hope to have this fixed shortly, in the mean time if you have any questions please DM me directly!

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Hello 1_Researcher -

I know you were talking about having issues with your unsubscribe reporting back in october, I am following up to see if you are still having issues with you reporting? If you till have inconsistancies can you please reply back and also include the name of your email in question and an example of your reporting issue.

Thanks

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Occasional Visitor
I do not care for the new format. It was VERY nice before to be able to add them in a list all at once. This new method is NOT a time saver at all. Please change it back to the list option.
Occasional Contributor
There is no easy to remove contacts by an imported file as was in the old contact pages. I called and was told to export my list to Excel, remove the list and import back. This is yet another inconvenience that results in more work than the old format. Why in heaven's name was this launched if it is barely functional?
Advisor

Hello  -

The issue you are having when you export your bounces, is something our engineering team is currently working on. In a nutshell when you export your bounce list you only get partial results. Right now we do not have any eta on when this issue may be resolved, however If you have additional questions please reply to this post.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Occasional Contributor

Adding an alphabet row would be great so I don't have to go page by page to find someone

Occasional Contributor
Please return to fields for first and last name etc. to add contacts in bulk! Thanks
Regular Visitor
We at Knox Studios have enjoyed the use of Constant Contact because of it's ease of use, and proficient time management capabilities. Entering our client emails using the form that allowed us to add email addresses, names and other custom information at once helped our company immensely. However, with the new update, we are no longer given this option, and in order to add the custom information I need I would need to go back and edit each individual customer. This would take hours to do, in turn taking time away from our clients. I feel as though the option you have taken away would prove beneficial to your customers, and we would love to see it return. We must say, however, that your customer service department has always been very friendly and helpful.
Before, I could add several business cards that were all categorized the same in one window. Now, as far as I can tell, if you want to include the company name with the individual, you have to enter them all one by one; it's a huge time sink compared to how it was before
Occasional Visitor
Please add a search feature for lists so that I do not have to scroll through all of them to find the list I need.
Not a fan of the new layout for contacts! Would rather everything be sorted primarily by email lists rather than opening all contacts at once. The old way was much more efficient. Now to figure out if I can export as easily as I used to do it. Please change it back. Thanks!
I would rather be able to view my email lists as the main body on the "My Contacts" page over viewing each individual contact in one large long list. I like how it looked before--can I select a different view, or change it back to how it used to be? Viewing all of my contacts at once is useless to me. Thanks.

Hi Robert, 

Are you referring to the number of contacts in a specific report? You can remove from some reports but for reporting purposes the name will remain listed but show crossed off. Are you not seeing this happen?

Managing the creation and naming of lists in the new format is too difficult. Bring back a page that is just for naming, ordering, combining, and other list management features.
Established Member
option to view more than 50 contacts has been removed. Need to replace the ability to select the number of contacts to view or add a alphabetical selector at the top and bottom of the page
Advisor

Hello Lisa,

I was looking at your login history on the account and we do see people login in around the time that the contacts were removed. Are you the only one currently who has access to your account and works on your emails? I am not really able to go into your login history on a public forum for security reasons. I would suggest you give our support department a call so we can go over everything and determine what may have caused the mass removal of your contacts.

MIke

Tier 2 Community Support

The new system does not allow me to work on multiple contact list and I need to be able to do that. It also does not allow me to load the over 4000 contacts at once. This causes me extra time and I am having to send the list to tech support to load. This must be corrected or I'll move to mail chimp. Talking to Joe in tech support.
All Star
I feel like the changes Constant Contact has made have made it much harder to use that it was previously. Just a couple examples: Activity, you can't see the name/email of a contact not added from an import because they unsubscribed, so you have no choice but to compare lists line by line. The email lists are hard to find - I preferred being able to list them chronologically or alphabetically. It's also difficult to search for them. The custom fields do not work at all, and completely backed up our process for dues renewal when we couldn't do it the same way we were able to last year. It has taken at least 3x as long, and is far more complicated with multiple emails and multiple lists.
Occasional Contributor
Wow, I'm not sure I like this new format! My person who is adding names said she is really confused, so I looked at the site, and I, too, find this a bit confusing. First of all, we have quite a few lists. I would rather select the order I see them rather than have them alphabetical. I want the most frequently accessed lists at the top! I opened one contact, and I can no longer see if the emails to that person have been opened or are bouncing. That was a feature I used a lot. I haven't tried sending an email, but will be doing so in the next day or so. I don't like the gray print in this or any other menu. It's very hard for me to see. I don't want to post this to a public forum, I just want it to go to the developers.
All Star
I can not reorder the "contact list" on the "list select" page, before I send out the email. please CC email to: design@smartvisiondirect.com
Frequent Visitor
This new display is awful; I can't see all my lists at once, and working with them is a pain. Why would you make a change that's for the worse? How about asking your users BEFORE you make changes, not after?
Sort by newest?
Occasional Contributor
The list of audiences on the left-hand side of the Contacts page is hard to see, and difficult to navigate. I would like to be able to make the window larger, and it would help if the side bar was darker. Thanks!
All Star
I don't like that you can only move from page to page at the bottom of a very long list. I don't like that the options to move contacts from one list to another - or any other option - are only at the top of the page I do like that I can sort by last name and it applies to all the lists
Regular Visitor
We admittedly had a bad naming convention for our Email lists but the change now makes it impossible for us to locate the most recent one. In the old format it displayed by the most recent created list at the top. Is there a way to sort on this criteria in the new Layout???
Everything about contact management is frustrating and not thought out at all.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Hi Glen. I think this may have been related to a reporting issue we were having at the time. Can you let us know if it's still reporting that way, or if the numbers have come together? Thanks.
I want to be able to sort them the way I created them. I have other documents and spreadsheets that I regularly use that are sorted the way I originally created the lists. Now it will take me longer to manage my lists and update my contacts. Please give us the option on how we sort our lists.
All Star
I used to love the process. Now I absolutely hate it. The list column is too narrow to read and sort...and I don't know where my contacts are. And it takes longer. And I have to break my list into two parts. Without question this whole process has gotten much worse.