cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
Established Member
lots of issues
Regular Visitor
I am disappointed with the new "Contact" list layouts. Specifically: 1. In the past, I could order my list by priority or frequency of use. Now it is alphabetical and I have to scroll to find the lists that used to be at the top. 2. I cannot click to sequence the names in my list. They are now grouped alpha by first name. UGH! Let me sort the names by last name please. 3. Why did Constant Contact take away the feature that allowed me to "Print List." It was so simple and nice. Now I have to painstakingly export my list to Excel, paginate it, re-alphabetize it, save it and format it to print. It was a 1-click step that is now cumbersome and takes way too long, and I am proficient in Excel. I can't even re-use the Excel file because my Constant lists are continually being updated! If I wanted Excel in the first place I would not be paying for Constant. I like changes that make sense, but complicating a simple process is just not user-friendly!
Visitor
Why is it not obvious? Not liking this interface at all.
Regular Visitor
Sometimes you know in advance that a name you are looking for within a list will be on a page other than page 1. Now you must scroll down to the "page forward" button to go to the next page. It would be convenient to have that button at the top of the page so you do not have to scroll down.
Visitor
I found it very frustrating to try to delete lists. After calling support they tell me its the downward arrow near the list name. Then I realize that this is not the first time that I couldn't figure out how to delete a list and had to call support. Suffice it to say, the downward arrow means nothing to someone who doesn't know what it's there for! Especially since the whole area around the list name is shaded grey. the arrow doesn't standout. It would be nice have multiple ways to delete lists. Very frustrated!

As a customer for over 10 years, I have gone through many changes with your product. However, I am not pleased with the most recent one that occurred today. First, I was not informed of the new changes until after I called the support line today to ask what happened to my contact lists! Second, I have over 70 contact lists, which I sort in priority order. My top 5 lists are the ones I send to most often, however, they are not sorted that way any longer. The A-Z sort does not help me when I'm trying to push out a message to my customers. Bring back the ability to list them in the priority order! I'm very disappointed with this change along with the change to the image gallery last month - I'll send a separate feed back on that shortly! Stefanie J

Regular Visitor
It is completely unacceptable to not have the ability to change the order of the contact lists. I don't want the order that you guys have them in. It is putting the oldest first it looks like. Why would you take this feature away. I want to be able to choose my most important lists to show up first. The new format is not user friendly and didn't really have the end user in mind at all. I was already looking at changing companies and this may be the final reason I do.
Occasional Contributor
I feel like we are "guinea pigs" in your extended beta test of the update. NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!
I want the lists sequenced like I had them before you made whatever change you made.
Occasional Visitor
Hey, taking the list management page of Constant contact and put it into a 2x3 inch scroll bar, totally defeats the primary functionality of Constant contact the ability to sort customers into categories, and send them targeted emails. Yes I can still do it - -but I have to manage my lists (of which I have around 100) with a small scroll bar area about 2x3" in size where I cannot see all the lists at once. This really goes in the face of your primary functionality of targeted lists. This is the FOUNDATION of my marketing program and approach. I really need to be able to manage the lists, see them all on one big page, see what I lists I have and what is missing, what is up to date, and what is not, at a glance. I have around 4000 names. I don't need to see the 4000 names. Individually they mean practically nothing to me. The lists are what is meaningful in terms of my communications with these individuals. I'm told that this was done so that customer data could be stored even if they don't have an email. If you want to be data base company, that's fine. BUT you are an EMAIL marketing company. Please restore, or create a list management page. Without it CC is not user-friendly to this user. You've thrown a monkey wrench into my marketing plan by changing the main functionality of your program into a minimal sidebar. Karen Lee Breathing Time Yoga
Solution Provider
have difficulty adding new contacts (& updating) not intuitive should be able to enter all info, then click one save button, yet I keep losing info. so frustrating. Also, contact folders should NOT be in alphabetical order. i want them in my own sequence, with the ones I use most at top! Been using CTCT for YEARS. I hate it when it gets more challenging. AAAARGH!
I liked seeing my numbered lists rather than the names of the people. I prefer the other way over this new way of showing contacts.
Regular Visitor
The order of my email lists has changed with this update. Being able to order these saved me a lot of time when doing monthly surveys. Not good!
I removed the contacts from the list, but the contact count display on the left (as well as on the landing page) is not reflecting the new number of contacts.
There needs to be a fast way to delete more than one list at once. Right now it is very painful and time consuming to delete more than one list. I have 100+ lists to delete and it takes approx 15 seconds to delete just one. calulate that by 195 that is almost an hour of work just to delete all my lists. It should only take 15 seconds. I would like to see a check box added to delete multipals.
It only shows a few of my email lists. How do I see all my email lists? Also, creating new email list is not as easy.
Occasional Contributor
The available lists to add to new contacts only displays alphabetically - which isn't helpful if you need the list beginning with "S" or "T" and the 'search list' feature apparently only searches by the first word of the list name - VERY not helpful when you have lots of lists and can't remember all their names. :-((
I had organized my email lists by name (based on my user preferences) and now they are all scattered and disorganized. Why did the change have to re-order my email lists?? How can I re-order my lists?
Occasional Contributor
I'm seeing lists from 2008, instead of the one I just uploaded. Why did you change the process? I makes no sense.

I don't like this new contacts features. For one, I prefer my list not be in abc order like before, its hard to see how to add a new email list. The new roll out is not user friendly, please give us the option to use the former contacts interface. Thank you.

Visitor

I manage my contacts in LISTS, and not as individuals. The new changes are making if VERY difficult for me to use this system, and i have used this happily for years. I think there should be a functionality for seeing your contacts in two orientations 1) as individuals (as now) and 2) as lists (as it was in the past). In addition the way the lists display now is not useful at all if you have a lot of lists as i do. I would also suggest that they be listed in CHRONOLOGICAL order and not alphabetical order as they are now. Or at least to have the option to sort by chrono/alpha. Both of these are very important. If these changes are not implemented, i will find it very hard to continuing working in constant contact -- and that would be a shame.. Thanks

Status changed to: New
Hi Karen, I am sorry to hear of this frustration. We have made some updates to be more of a complete CRM system rather than just providing list management. With our other products like SaveLocal and Social Campaigns it became more and more important that users be able to upload OTHER information too as well as have contacts in the account they can't email. Can you tell me more about the actions you would like to take with your lists? There are still lots of management options available for you. Thank you for your feedback on the display of lists, this is helpful for the future!
Hi - Just to offer feedback, the new way the Email lists display is not very friendly, and I much prefer the past interface, is it only possible to view the lists by scrolling on the left side of the page.
Frequent Visitor
Need my lists back on a single page, the small scrolling list on the left is not useful.
Established Member
I much preferred and it was more useful to have my email lists be the primary field of data that I viewed when clicking on "my Contacts" as opposed to the new list of all active contacts.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. 

When I open the list, the correct number is shown at the top of the list. The number in parenthesis is not correct. 

Also when I select a list when scheduling an email, the number of contacts for the list is not displaying the correct number. 

Occasional Contributor
It would be helpful to be able to see more lists on-screen - the previous screen was able to show 25 at a time - I can now see 6
On the new interface its hard to see all my lists which is more important to me than seeing all the contacts in the main pane. Under the activity tab how do you now delete lists that you no longer need?
Occasional Contributor

I have 400+ lists.  I have found I can go to my Firefox browser's FIND function to find a specific list. 

I want to see a list of my email lists when I first log into contacts, the way it was, with the option of looking at it in alpha order or numerical order (the order in which the lists are created). Also, your "search" system for lists doesn't work. I typed in the exact name of one of my lists, spelled correctly, and it gave me a list not found result. It took me 15 minutes to finally find it. I do not want to see a page of individual information when I first sign in. I rarely look at the info this drilled down unless I am looking for a specific person. This is a deal breaker. Our CEO hates constant contact and loves Andar. She is a United Way CEO, and would love to see the entire system go to Andar. Sadly, Constant Contact is no longer giving my department any reason to disagree with her when you keep making silly changes like this.
Visitor
With your new changes I can't seem to find a page where I can see all my lists clearly. Now they are all bunched up on the side and I can hardly see them. Where is the old setting so I can see and manage my lists?
Visitor
Now my lists are in alphabetical order when before I could place them in any order I wanted. How do I do that now?
Status changed to: New

I am sorry to hear of this frustration. On the left of the Contacts page you should be able to view all your list using the scroll bar. Does this work for you? Also, you can click the plus sign here to create a new list!

10-17-2013 10-29-10 AM.jpg

Been a user for 6 years and consult with clients who use your service. One of my big clients is distraught (not an exaggeration) at not being able to view contact lists on a single page as the initial contacts view used to display. Yes, I can do a workaround, copy pasting the list from a scrollbox into notepad. Is that user convenience though? Perhaps an "Expand" button on the email lists sidebar scrollbox is in order. Let me view my lists on a single page.
I need to be able to manage my lists (sort order etc.) and now I have no idea how to do so.
All Star
We use a lot of lists. They are now harder to find with the small window on the left side. You should have a view in the large section in Contacts screen that enables you to show Lists and then a column to sort by date added.
Occasional Contributor
We used to have the option of having our Master List at the top of the page. Now with this new set up, I had to search for it every time. Very inconvenient. I noticed I had accidently added names toan email list, I deleted the ones that were not necessary but the Email List still states there are 112 on this list. It does not seem to update when the list is adjusted.
Advisor

Hello CC Team Texas!

I am just following up on your reporting concerns, are you still having difficulty with the click reporting?
Could you do me a favor, if you are still having click reporting issues please DM me directly with the email name that you are looking at and the best contact number and we can see what is going on provide you with a quick answer.

Thanks

Mike

Tier 2 Support

Advisor

Hello Kelli and Jim -

This issue is something we are aware of and engineering is currently looking into fixing this issue, Right now we do not have any eta on when this issue will be fixed. However if you have any concerns you would like me to address directly please DM me!

Thanks

Mike

Tier 2 Support

Advisor

Hello Lisa -

This is something our engineering team is currently working on, currently we do not have any eta when this issue will be resolved, however if you would like I can notify you when we have a fix, or develop a workaround to this particular issue.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please DM me!

Thanks

Mike

Tier 2 Support

Occasional Visitor

Change the contact list management, importing and general format back as soon as possible or Constant Contact is going to have many abandoning ship or at least looking at their competition.  Our contact lists are "gold" to us and you've made it extremely cumbersome and illogical to work with our lists now.

Regular Visitor
really dislike this new page. I want all of my lists to be the largest grouping on the page, not small and in the left pane.
Occasional Contributor
As a result of Constant Contact's new software platform, the 113 lists associated with our account were re-organized alphabetically without approval. The prior list is not retrievable. This has caused unnecessary work when issuing new campaigns. The order of the original list was intentional and grouped by category. Why weren't we given notice that the list order was changing? Or why weren't we given a choice to alphabetize it or not? As a 10+ year customer of Constant Contact, I am extremely disappointed in the lack of forethought.
Regular Visitor
Very disappointed with new way to add contacts. We are speakers who add multiple contacts after speaking with permission from attendees. I used to be able to add multiple contacts all at once now have to do individually? Also, when I want to click add another the field is below my screen so I have to scroll down on every contact addition. Not happy with this. Am I missing something?
All Star
Please note that in the new format, the space left to see all our lists on the left is absurdly small for companies like ours which have a lot of lists. I can honestly say that this change does not make sense since there is absolutely no use to see 50 contacts on the right and squeeze the lists on the left. The old format allowed for both, we could choose to see the lists in the entire page, much easier to scroll down and find and manage lists and if we wanted to see the actual contacts in each list, we simply had to click in each list and find their contacts there. that way was meeting everybody's needs! Please reconsider and give us an option to be able to see the lists in a larger space to manage them! Thanks, Raquel Pereira
Is there a problem currently with constant contact that these contacts are not adding on?
All Star
Create a sort option for email lists. I find it helpful to sort lists in different ways so in case I forget the name I give a list.
All Star
This new site is horrible!
Occasional Contributor
Contacts should show as Removed or Do Not Mail in the opens list for campaigns, as they did previously. This is another useful feature that was removed.
The scrollbar to go through the lists is too tiny. I need to number the lists so I can see the ones at the top that I want. I would rather be able to see more lists. I don't know why it is necessary to show the individual contacts right away and fill the page with that. I would rather drill down to see individual contacts. Mainly I want to be able to deal with lists as a whole. That was easier before when the lists were the main item on the page.