cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

634 Comments
All Star
The functionality of changing list order is no longer available. "Do not fix what isn't broken."
Occasional Contributor
The Reports page shows 83 bounces for my latest email. When I click on the 83 I'm taken to a page that says 83 bounces, but at the bottom of the page I see "1 - 50 of 74 items". That 74 ought to be 83. When I click on the arrow to take me to the next page I am never shown the next page. So in addition to the formatting being ruined with the latest revision, the basic functioning of the reporting is also broken. Please undo your latest changes to the design or I will take my business elsewhere.
Occasional Visitor

Contact Lists should be able to be sorted in different ways like they were before, not just in alphabetical order.

I do like that once you open a contact, you can see all of their info on 1 page but that is really the only thing I like about the new update.  Sorting and viewing contact lists and adding new contacts are much more difficult now.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback, Bobbie. If you would like have the option to view your lists like this, please vote for the idea.
Occasional Contributor
The page I'm looking at tells me both that I have 5 active contacts and 0 active contacts. That's fubar!
Occasional Visitor
You've lost or hidden a lot of list management tools??
I think it would be helpful to be able to go forward or backward by page if that option was available at the top of the screen as well as at the bottom. Right now it seems you have to go to the bottom of the screen to advance the page. Thank you
When identifying contacts to add to a new list from an existing list, it would be helpful to be able to go to a specific page, i.e. page 7, versus having to click on the right arrow each time you want to advance to another page. Perhaps this capability exists, and I just don't know how to use it. Thank you.
Occasional Advisor

Is there anyone else out there who thinks putting the Active Contact List font and center is using up valuable screen space? Personally I would rather it be on a tab that opens a screen dedicated to maintenance of the list. We don't need the alpabetical list visible all the time and don't use it even on a weekly basis.  

CTCT Employee
It really helped when the Email Lists had an identifying list number attached to them. We have several lists, and it made it much easier to identify and manage them , or communicate about them, when they had an assigned list number.
All Star
Have a tag open...fourth time now. Says 89 bounces. Exports only 50. I go through the first list which is only 30 and find 24 not exported.
All Star
We have many emails (+3,000) and organize them by lists. Now the view shows them individually listed alphabetically. Perhaps there is a way to see the lists in full, besides the right side bar view, but I haven't found it yet. For our uses, having the lists squished into a slider view isn't very useful.
- I don't like the that you can only view your lists in the very tiny side bar - with no option to view the lists in a large format form done previously. -- The sidebar scroll area is ackward -- I rather see the lists large, and drill down to see the contents of each list. --also can't see dates when lists were added
CTCT Employee

Sorry you're finding the new layout hard to use. We're actually just doing usability testing of an alternate view that does allow much more room to view your lists. If we do an additional round of testing, we'll reach out to you to see if you'd like to participate. We are hoping to have this "list-centric" view released later this fall.

Jennifer Bubriski

Group Product Manager, Contacts

I liked it when I could see all of my lists at once. I have a lot of lists and it sucks to have to scroll through only seeing a few at a time. I like to be able to see the most recently added lists at the bottom. I don't always remember what I named a list, but I used to be able to find them by date? I do not care for this new layout. It is much more work. Same with the contacts. I do not like it that I can't search by state, or user-defined fields, etc. It is NOT user-friendly at all. When adding contacts there are so many more steps, taking you to new pages all the time. Is there a way to 'revert' back to the way it was??
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Sorry you're finding the new layout hard to use. We're actually just doing usability testing of an alternate view that does allow much more room to view your lists. If we do an additional round of testing, we'll reach out to you to see if you'd like to participate. We are hoping to have this "list-centric" view released later this fall.

Jennifer Bubriski
Group Product Manager, Contacts
All Star
The "My Contacts" page is 75% individuals and 25% Email Lists. I don't care about the 75%. I used to be able to see my lists in the order I created them with the latest list up top. And it didn't matter if I added the year to the name of the list. Now I don't know what year each of my lists are from and I have to hunt each time I want to pick a list through a alphabetical listing. I can't even put them in reverse alphabetical order. It is really slowing me down and has actually taken me backwards in my use of Constant Contact. Up until now I have been very happy. Now I am sad when I get into Constant Contact. It's very upsetting!
Occasional Contributor
What happened to the Properties feature, which let you sort lists in any order? This is especially valuable if you have a lot of lists and want to group them (customers, vendors, product categories, etc.).
Occasional Contributor
The list column is too narrow, especially for lists that have long names. The previous design was much more functional and user-friendly.
All Star
Page says 346 opens & 44% open rate. Stat page says 363 opens and over 45% open rate.. But the real number is higher than 363 and your refresh button no longer works LIKE IT USED TO! Have you fired the designers/programmers & quality control people yet???
All Star
Come on people. This is simply too easy not to fix. 56 unique opens of my email today and your display number is "13"? That is truly pathetic.
Frequent Visitor
The report says 4 unsubscribed, but there are 6 names in the list. Why?
Your new system is terrible. Previously we had our contacts set up by priority of which you encouraged by allowing us to number them by priority. You took that away...it is absurd that we have to sort through 50+ lists to send an email. Yes - you have the tagging system. Should we go into 10,800 contacts and add a tag?? This really is a key feature that we MUST have and will drive a decision of what company we use for email marketing.
Occasional Contributor
Maybe I will find it later, but why did my contact lists get re-ordered? How can I fix this to be back in the order I wanted?
I want the lists returned. I don't need to see the names, emails, etc.
All Star
Once again, I am looking at a report about an email I sent yesterday. I'm in the category "All Opens". I count 73 "all opens". The posted number is "56 All Opens". Why is it so hard to post the correct number? And that is the LEAST annoying thing about changes made to Constant Contact in the last 6 months. But no one seems to give a flip. Oh well,... it's your business. Do with it as you wish. Buz Mayo
I just added a number of contacts. It would be easier if we had a way to view the list other than the side bar. It would be better if it was next to Sign-Up Tools.
I can get used to mostly everything but the lists MUST be numbered. Sending out an email and finding lists make it a headache. If I could put the lists I use on a regular basis in a folder that would be fine as well but it all needs to be organized.
Occasional Contributor
Apparently there is no longer a Removed Contacts list. (Were people clamoring to get rid of it?) Please bring back this feature.
Please bring back the old Contact Lists view. We do not want to sort it alphabetically, we had our more important lists at the top. We can, of course, dig alphabetically, but this takes far far longer than it used to when we had the lists ordered the way we wanted.
Frequent Visitor
I used to be able to quickly see which Email Lists would appear to New Contacts signing up. Now I'm hunting forever to find which lists appear and which do not. I'm on the Contacts Page, I can see my Email Lists- why is there not an option in the drop down that offers to information of the list being visible or not?
Is there a way to see all my lists rather than just in the side left bar with the scroll feature? I had them organized in a different way and now everything is less efficient. It looks as if i can only sort them alpha/numeric? I used to have them ordered by number and they very helpful. Can you offer any tips to help me? thanks Susanne Day
Visitor
I sent an email this morning and it's saying only 3 unique people opened the email, but when I go in to look, it shows 5 unique emails. I've sent 3 emails since I've gotten this new format and it always does this. It's very frustrating.
My 300+ lists were previously ordered how I wanted them. I certainly do NOT need to see all of my 11000 contacts when I click on contacts...,just my lists. I manually send a series of 3 emails to every prospect who hits my join email list manually. I DO NOT want to use your auto responder. I need my contact lists in the order they were and I need to see them all(especially the top 10 which appear on website forms). I am not happy with CC. mjg
Regular Visitor
I miss being able to see all the lists at once.
All Star
Report says Unique Opens 6 and opened (6) but actually 26 people opened the email as indicated under the unique opens column.
Frequent Visitor
Hello, With your new system the email lists are not numbered anymore. We need them back please, as soon as possible! and we would like to have the possibility of sort them as before. thanks in advance!
Visitor
I have imported lists into constant contact before. Something is different and I can't figure out where my lists are so I can get to what I need.
Occasional Contributor
1. Used to be able to see list by order of importance. I need that back, because my least important list start with numbers, but my most important list are the one customer can join themselves. 2. I used to be able to merge list better. I like to keep a list of delivered e-mail address and then merge them to an active list for the current year. 3. too many place to go to try and manage what you want to do with the list. Sorry to say the old way was better for lists, but I do like having the ability to control what I see for contacts. Cassie Poulsen
Occasional Contributor

Let me add that the exports used to be better also.

Occasional Contributor

The export list are almost unuseable.  I now have to do lots of editing to see who is in what list.  I used to download and filter byt he information I wanted.

Why did you make them worse?

Occasional Contributor

why on earth would you make the contact mangement system unuseable. 

Occasional Contributor

Time to look for a new company that has good intutive exports, and a good list and contact managment system.  just like

Contant Contact used to have. 

Occasional Contributor

export headers are not intuitive on downloads.

Occasional Contributor

having a compnay profile should be option not mandatory an I don't want company profiles on my account

Occasional Contributor

List used to export into their own columns.  I need that feature back.  it was useful and much less work for me when I want to start filtering my  list.  The way the data used to export was great, new data exports are bad. 

Occasional Contributor

just talked to a very nice customer service person, but he could not tell my why the bad changes where made, why you could not go back to the old system ( you know the one the actually works).  why the exports had bad headers.  he could tell me that more changes were on the way , but he could not tell me if they would make thing better or worse. 

Occasional Contributor

With the mess that you have I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to clean any of the parts of the list I need cleaned. 

Occasional Contributor

All contacts- 4948

Active contacts-2361

unsubscribed-316

What are the 2271 account that are not active and not unsubscribed.  And Company profiles is not a good answer unless I told you I wanted company profiles, which I didn't because I don't.  I keep company profiles in a separate database and do not want it in your database.

Occasional Contributor

why don't have a list of e-mails removed anymore.