cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent reporting

Inconsistent reporting

One page says 436 unique opens, another say 295. What the hell is going on at Constant Contact? Can't you get this right? Are you ever going to fix it?

731 Comments

Hi Courtney,

Click on the main Contacts page and then click the Add Contacts button to see the options available. You can add one contact at a time, add a list of names and email addresses or import a file of contacts from excel. 

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback. There are several views that you can use.

Contact Management View

This is the view that lets you get into the nitty-gritty of your contacts. It's also your default view when you start using your account. It allows you to:

Need to do some basic work with renamingdeleting or creating new lists while in this view? No problem! Those options are available here as well as in the List Management view.

List Management View

When you need to get the general scope of your lists, this is the view you'll want. With this view you can:

• See up to 500 of your lists at once 
  • Sort your lists by things like number of contacts per list or the date the list was created
  • Search for specific lists

It's still easy to dive deeper from this view, too. Just click on any of your lists and you'll be taken to the contact details for that list. Need to do some basic work with renamingdeleting or creating new lists while in this view? No problem! Those options are available here as well as in the Contact Management view.

Changing Views

Moving back and forth between the two views can be done with a single click. 

1. Go to your Contacts tab. 
  2. Scroll to your left-hand menu options.
  3. Click  either:
  • "Contacts" - This will take you to the Contacts Management view
  • "Email Lists" - This will take you to the List Management view

Contacts Page

CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Thank you for providing feedback. The Contact Growth Report (found by clicking Contacts and then Reports on the left) is set-up to show the total number of contacts within the account. It will show how many contacts have been added as well as unsubscribed. The default is to show the numbers for the last 30 days. This can be changed, on the top right, you can click the drop-down next to view and choose a different time period.

If you still have questions about the numbers that are showing in your account, please give our support team a call at 866-289-2101.

All Star

Problems with reports as follows:

When I hit the "refresh" icon I getr a "resend" screen.

I am showing "opens" for links which were not present in my broadcast email

Please acknowledge receipt of this message: mail@alasdairfraser.com

Thank you!

I am sorry to hear of this frsutration. Can you tell me more about what browser you are working in when this happens? Also, are you on the Email >Reports page or are you looking at the detailed reporting for a specific email?

What email report is showing links that were not included so I can take a look?

The Click-through Stats is not showing me the report for all the links included in my newsletter.
Visitor
Sorry it was much easier to view and work with before, the way you had the different email lists front and center. Then you could see how many in each list and click on the list to open it and view the emails. Please bring back the old format! thanks