cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Incredibly Stupid Design

Incredibly Stupid Design

I'm looking at a 60-member contact list. As I go through it, quite a few members don't have a "company" associated with their names. It is incredibly labor-intensive to go through and correct these. Each one requires me to go through several screens, often scrolling through many entries before I find the right one. The contact list itself is incredibly badly designed. The whole thing is too narrow (no, professional people do NOT manage their databases from their phones or their tablets). I can't change the width of any of the four arbitrarily-chosen columns. (How bad is this... many of the contacts in this list have company names that take up four or five lines on the screen, making it all that much more tedious to scroll through them to find the one I want.) You need to find the manager in charge of designing this total POS and terminate him immediately. Before the end of the week, you need to find the dullards who designed your forms, and give them their two weeks notice. This is truly, truly, childish and incompetent file management work.
8 Comments
All Star

file management = list management. Sorry. Oh, BTW, I posted the original comment directly from the contact list screen. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit it. If true, this is another example of inept design. 

All Star
Well, I tried twice to do this for some contacts on the second page of my two-page contact list. It didn't work either time. It's time to give up on your "new, improved, easier, way cool", POS contact management system. BTW, maybe it would be a good idea to let us edit these comments once we post them, as every other similar service does. After all, if in a fit of frustration, I call you "complete a-holes", I may think better of it and want to call you merely "incompetents".
All Star

I am still trying to decide which one you are. 😞

All Star

I just went through something like nine pages of Feedback, taking in all the information and "voting" for the ideas I thought were good ones. I noted the huge majority of negative comments on the new Contacts system (how can you miss it?). 

I found one comment that was unnecessarily negative, so I posted a helpful reply to it. When I was finished, this wonderful Feedback system returned me to the top of page 1. How long will it take me to get back to the place where I left the helpful comment? I'll never know, as I've decided not to bother. Good bye, Constant Contact. 

Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee

Hi Lou,

I want to first apologize for the issues you are experiencing with the transition over to the new interface.  If you have a mass update you want to do to the contacts company names in the system the best way would be to update an excel sheet and reimport it back into Constant Contact.  This will update and add all company names and make it easier to go through then updating one by one.  Also with the size of the columns that is great feedback and please continue to vote if you agree!  We are also working on updating the list management aspect of the new layout so please bear with us during this transition. 

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Closed - No Action