Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Jumping to specific contact page

0 Votes

Contact list navigation, contact list alterations (global).

It is incredibly frustrating, when trying to edit multiple contact entries in a list that has several thousand entries, that a person has to click on the "next page" icon and load each individual sequential page until they reach their destination.

For example: I have approximately 49 pages in my contact list, with 50 contacts listed per page.  If I want to get to page 26 of the list, I have to click on the next page icon 25 times, including waiting for the list to populate, just to get where I last left off.  I will politely say that this is a bit annoying to say the least.  Yes, I know I can change the number of entries displayed on the screen at one time, but it is far less efficient and slow to do it this way - and we only have about 2500 contacts.  It must be a nightmare for even larger contact lists.  Can't a "Jump to page __" field be included where a user can manually type in which page they want to go to?

Also, could a solution be implemented where an admin can globally change all address entries from "Other" to "Home"?  Previously, before the website got revamped - for some incredibly awkward, silly, and frustrating reason - the default designation for all address entries (which cannot be changed by default) when a new contact was entered into the system was "Other".  Since my co-worker did not pick up on this little fact when they were entering contact information, I now get the job of manually copying and pasting the information for EACH  INDIVIDUAL CONTACT  from the "Other" address field into the "Home" field.

Here's where you probably want to suggest the following, to 'fix' this problem:  export the entire contact list to an Excel file, save the file locally, alter the fields within Excel, save the file, then wipe out the entire existing database in CC, and then upload the corrected contact list... but with the system in its current form and function, it does not inspire confidence in me for CC's ability to do this without issues.  I'm not going to run the risk of corrupting the entire list of contacts and information contained within, simply because the API development team and/or the webpage designers didn't ever think of this as a realistic, real-world scenario that would arise.

Please fix these design flaws as soon as possible.  Thank you in advance for your time and consideration in this matter.

4 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @LAIIcdd. thank you for sharing this feedback! We have tracked this request to select and move to a specific contact page when viewing your list of contacts. We have also opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well. As for the type of email address your contacts are saved under, it's important to mention this feature has been removed in our updated contact management dashboard. Currently all email addresses are saved as "email address."

KristinB893
Rookie

I agree with  that it would be nice to navigate to a specific page of my contact list. And, more specifically, I would like to be able to navigate to a specific letter. For example, companies that start with "L". 

KatieC33661
Rookie
There should be a "Go To" page feature, so one doesn't have to keep clicking the arrow.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

Hello everyone. With the changes being made to our Feedback flow, we are changing this status to Not Currently Planned. At this time, we do not have plans to include this type of functionality due to the low number of tracks from other customers and the prioritization of other ideas. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More