Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

View the last time a contact opened as a column

I can see the segment of "least engaged," but it would be extremely helpful to see the last time any of these contacts opened an email or to know if they've never opened an email.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

As a workaround, you can create a segment and choose the following criteria:  Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Any Email > Between > (insert dates) if you wanted to go back that far. From there, add the segments to a list and delete the list, making sure to select the option to delete the list and contacts.

12 Comments
Barb0702
Rookie
Please add "Last Opened Date" so we know when/how often they are opening the email....or define "Least Engaged" at the top of the report
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @JudyJCCI. This is a great idea and would definitely help users better understand their least engaged contacts. If we were to display this information, would you expect to see it on the Segments page or somewhere else in the account, like on an export or a column under Contacts?

KristineC
Rookie
I really like the "Least Engaged" list. What could make this better is if this list could be sorted by the date of last engagement.
HKoziol
Rookie

My company has had a CC account for almost 20 years and have accumulated over 22,000 contacts.  We know that MANY of these contacts are now invalid,  and we'd really like to clean up our contact.  The Least Engaged helps, BUT it would be very helpful (and seems obvious) to have a column for last date opened.  Has anything happened with this idea??

BrettC6
Rookie

I too would like to see this. We have contacts from over 12 years ago, and I bet over a thousand haven't opened up a single email from us in over 5 years, but I have no way of knowing who these people are to remove them.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi . As a workaround, you can create a segment and choose the following criteria:  Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Any Email > Between > (insert dates) if you wanted to go back that far. From there, add the segments to a list and delete the list, making sure to select the option to delete the list and contacts.

RobertB2
Rookie

Thank you @Caitlin_M.  It would be great to have some of these as options within reporting vs. having to build a segment to figure this out.  Is there a public roadmap that we (as users) can see of what is coming or what is retiring from CTCT? 

Frankie_P

Hi @RobertB2

At this time there is not a public roadmap as you have described that users can view. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. We apologize, while we may not have a time estimate for this feature request, the more request a thread like these receive the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We do however have this section of our Community that helps explain the process of what we do with our customer’s feedback.

DNSWM
Rookie
It would be very helpful to be able to download the contact list with a column of LAST ENGAGEMENT DATE (ie: last click date). I'm not as concerned how often they engage but I'd like to sort on how long it's been since they engaged.
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

As a workaround, you can create a segment and choose the following criteria:  Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Any Email > Between > (insert dates) if you wanted to go back that far. From there, add the segments to a list and delete the list, making sure to select the option to delete the list and contacts.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More