cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

178 Comments
CTCT Employee
For longstanding clients like me, who have created multiple lists in order to target my messages (right message to the right people at the right time - just what CTCT teaches!), it is hugely inconvenient to be unable to view my Contact Lists in date order - either most recent first, or oldest first. Especially as I now have virtual assistants managing much of my activity, the "alpha-only" listing of Contact Lists has caused a big inconvenience for us all. Please, please, please change this - add back the ability to see Contact Lists by date created!!! Sincerely, Gina M. Watkins
Advisor
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback on this topic. We have received a lot of great feedback on being able to re-order the email lists and are looking into implementing this. Please stay tuned for updates on this and please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Thanks for this feedback, Gina!
Frequent Visitor
Once address was selected, the SAVE button went out of sight to bottom of page.
Thanks for this information, what browser are you in when this happens?
Occasional Contributor
I too agree that "hate not having by date"!!!!!!
Occasional Visitor
This is harder. I DON'T like it
All Star

"We are always trying to make the system better for our customers." You don't seem to know what you are doing. It is like a bunch of high school kids worked on "improving" something. Pathetic. 

Occasional Visitor

In ADam's case as it is with mine, I do not go through each contact assigning tags.  That would take far too long within the website.  Instead I have my lists external of Constant Contact and just copy and paste the list into each mailing list.  I don't have the time or the energy to go through all my contacts to individually assign an identity.  Please fix this immediately so I can email to my lists or I will be leaving Constant Contact immediately!

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you are not liking the new layout. Would you mind providing more information about what you are not liking about it and what you mean by "access to my list"? Any additional information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.