cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

178 Comments

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Established Member
Hi there- Since the redesign of lists totally rearranged our list layout, we've been trying to reorder them using numbers and alphabetizing. I assigned our most used lists the numbers 1-11, and your system alphabetizes them as: 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. In what world does that make sense?!
Occasional Contributor
When finalizing an email and selecting Lists they are not alphabetized, instead they are in order of creation. Please fix this or give us the ability to sort how we choose.
CTCT Employee

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. They system is using a true "Alphabetical" sorting, and it is not taking into account the numerical order your are trying to store.

One feature we do have set up, is the ability for you to "Favorite" a list(s). Favoriting a list will make it so that the list always appears towards the top of your "list table" in the contacts section of the account. Here is an FAQ that will walk you through setting that up: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/FAQ/5479-favorite-a-list

In the mean time, continue to vote for the changes tha tyou want to see made isnide of the account. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

Visitor
The Email Lists display in Contact Management section is not most user friendly. We have several lists with rather long names, so the space in the left-hand column given to the lists names/folders is not wide enough. I never even use this view. A user of ConstantContact since 2007 and a former UI designer, I think that the old interface was much simpler, more intuitive and gave more information with less clicks.
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for this feedback. Please continue submitting your suggestions and vote for this idea if you agree!

Regular Visitor
You have made in very difficult to send out emails, and you have made it very difficult for new members to sign up. How do I get my lists BACK to the numerical order I had set up?
Status changed to: New

Regular Visitor
no more comments