cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight (8/23) from 11:00 PM - 12:00AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

178 Comments

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to us. I apologize for the frustration, we do have several features planned for the near future that will solve some of the issues you mentioned. First, the list display problem has been resolved. You should now have a scroll option to see all of your lists and will not need to use any workaround. 

Do you see the loading square when you move anywhere in the account or when you click the contacts tab? Does it seem to happen on reporting screens too? We are working on collecting more information on this so any detail will be helpful. 

A more advanced search is coming soon, we can't share an exact timeframe right now but we do realize it's an important feature for you. One thing I would like to address is the search for all contacts, regardless of status. Are you referring to contacts who have been "removed"? If so, there is no more removed status in the account so these contacts are actually fully deleted. In this case they wouldn't show in the search function. 

Thanks for your help,

Hannah M. 

CTCT Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! It's extremely helpful in letting us know what's working and what's not so we can improve. I wanted to let you know that we understand how important it is for users to be able to export their reporting data directly from a report. This is something we're actively working on and are trying to get out as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

Thanks again,

Samara Yohai

Associate Product Manager- Contacts

Advisor

I have to say guys, that these things should have been tested extensively before they were rolled out, even for testing. I understand that there are going to be bugs, but they should be minor and not things that paying customers have to suffer through just because we were trying to help out.

Visitor
When I am at the end of your alphabetical list, I cannot scroll to the next page and save my check marks. I have to add and then scroll to the next page. This is time consuming. Then, when I come back from "adding" the list reverts to the letter A rather than the place I left off. To make matters worse, when I click the scroll bar at the bottom, the screen takes me to the top. I must repeat this process repeatedly. The programmers obviously did not care much about making the add process easy. It is unnecessarily time consuming. I wonder why the changes were ever made. I find nothing satisfying as I am mounting a major email campaign. Thanks for the frustration.
Status changed to: New

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your feedback, I apologize for the frustration this has caused. Please continue to vote on this and other ideas you would like to see implemented in the future.

Can you tell me more about how you are seeing the screen bring you back to the top? You said: "click the scroll bar at the bottom, the screen takes me to the top", which scroll bar are you referring to? Does this only happen when you are working in a list with more than 50 contacts?

Thanks for your help!

All Star
Trying to edit my contacts by deleting the ones that I know are no longer active. After deleting on a page the screen goes back to the 1st page and I would like it to stay on the page it's on now so I can go forward quickly.
CWG
I want to go back to the old way until I learn I don't have time right now.
Occasional Visitor
It's not clear to me that the names I've imported are going into the correct mailing list. In fact the lists are now tucked to the left side of screen. I'm not sure why, when something is working efficiently, it gets changed to be less efficient. Also, the page that shows all of the emails, that page was changed a while ago, with bigger fonts, less lists that you can see on your screen. Very disappointing.
CTCT Employee
I am sorry for the issues this has caused you in the transition period. Unfortunately there is no way to go back to the old contacts system, if you have any questions or concerns I would be more then happy to help you.