cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

178 Comments
All Star
I am not a fan of the new layout under My Contacts. The old layout was much more user friendly.
Status changed to: New
I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. These changes were made in order to implement lots of requested features and continue to provide the most up-to-date system available. What changes do you think would help the layout for you? Please continue to vote on this topic and others if you agree.
All Star
Just worked with the new and "improved" system this afternoon. Awkward way to attach individual recipients to mailing lists. My bigger issues are that distribution lists can no longer be ordered and there is no way to select all lists at once. Those are limitations, not improvements. I am disappointed.

Hi Doug, 

I apologize for the frustration with the new system. We're slowly upgrading all accounts to make sure you have the most up-to-date system available. This also gives us the ability to implemet new features customers have been requesting.

Please continue to vote on this and other topics you would like to see implemented in the future!

Regular Visitor

I believe you made too many changes at once.  It is very frustrating when I need to get something out that I come into the account and everything is changed.

Regular Visitor
Not improved in my opinion. I can no longer add zip code and "how you heard about us" when entering contacts. I must click on each email address, select the custom field, populate it, save and repeat. Ugh! Who thought that was an upgrade?

Hi Grace and Dan,

I apologize for the troubles. We did tons of testing with the new features before they were rolled out to anyone (even us!) but I understand how this can be frustrating. Can you share with me a little more detail about what you feel is missing or is hard to learn? We are counting on this feedback to fuel future changes and updates.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Analiese,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble, there are a couple of ways you can add zip code and the custom field information when importing. First, are you typing in each contact or are you importing a file? 

When you add a contact you can choose the "Add a Contact" option from the menu to add in each person with all their details or you can choose "Add from file" if you have the information in something like an excel sheet. This would allow you to import all the detail you wanted at once.

add.jpg

Email lists are now only viewed as a sidebar. We have numerous lists and we no longer have the option to view an expanded view of the lists or the option to sort the lists to navigate through the email lists faster. Again, many of these changes have caused/cost us much more time than before and greatly increased our disappointment and dissatisfaction! PLEASE reinstate these features. Thank you!
Status changed to: New
Great idea, thanks for sharing! Please continue to vote on this and other ideas you would like to see implemented in the future.