cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

178 Comments
Advisor

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that this is making your word harder. We have gathered lots of great feedback on bringing this feature back and are looking into implementing this again in the future. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame for when that would be coming but stay tuned for updates on this feature.

Status changed to: New

All Star
I had all my list prioritized as I needed them (using the numbering system provided in the old UI. Now the new UI lists them only in alpha order --- HUGE HASSLE.
All Star
I cannot see how to display my lists in the order I had them previously sorted - using the numbering system that CC provided. HORRIBLE NEW INTERFACE costing me time and money. NEVER implement a new UI without providing the option to continue using the old UI - even if only for a transitional period.

HI David,

Currently the lists are shown in alphabetical order. Unfortunately there is not a way to reorder these lists but you can re-name them or add a number to the front of the list name to bump the ones you frequently use to the top of the list. I know this is not ideal so I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your feedback on this and we will share any update as soon as we can. 

It is so hard to edit contacts now - equally hard to add new ones. When finding contacts to edit, once the edits are saved the list reverts back to the beginning of the list so if you edit a contact in "K" and save it it reverts back to "A" and then you have to scroll through the WHOLE list again to get to letters past "K". TIME WASTER!!!
Regular Visitor
Add next page arrows at the top, so I don't have to scroll to the bottom of the page to click the arrows to go the next page.
Solution Provider

For accounts with 3-5k contacts multiple lists are a natural for segmenting purposes.  I can see how the new Contacts  tagging system can help to refine existing lists but there is still a need to be able to work with lists as JudyL states.  Also, perhaps a specific video on managing large lists and the tagging features may help clarify.  I think that there is need for both.

Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hi Stephanie, Thank you for posting. This is a great idea. I can definitely understand that scrolling to the bottom each time can be time-consuming. Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Advisor

Hi Don,

Thank you for adding to this post. As you point out, there is certainly a value for having segmented lists along with using the tags. We are certainly looking into bringing the list view back. The video is also a good point. We have this great video here. Hopefully this can help to clarify. Thanks again for your post. We welcome any other feedback and/or suggestions you have!