cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

161 Comments
All Star
I had all my list prioritized as I needed them (using the numbering system provided in the old UI. Now the new UI lists them only in alpha order --- HUGE HASSLE.
All Star
I cannot see how to display my lists in the order I had them previously sorted - using the numbering system that CC provided. HORRIBLE NEW INTERFACE costing me time and money. NEVER implement a new UI without providing the option to continue using the old UI - even if only for a transitional period.

HI David,

Currently the lists are shown in alphabetical order. Unfortunately there is not a way to reorder these lists but you can re-name them or add a number to the front of the list name to bump the ones you frequently use to the top of the list. I know this is not ideal so I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your feedback on this and we will share any update as soon as we can. 

It is so hard to edit contacts now - equally hard to add new ones. When finding contacts to edit, once the edits are saved the list reverts back to the beginning of the list so if you edit a contact in "K" and save it it reverts back to "A" and then you have to scroll through the WHOLE list again to get to letters past "K". TIME WASTER!!!
Regular Visitor
Add next page arrows at the top, so I don't have to scroll to the bottom of the page to click the arrows to go the next page.
Solution Provider

For accounts with 3-5k contacts multiple lists are a natural for segmenting purposes.  I can see how the new Contacts  tagging system can help to refine existing lists but there is still a need to be able to work with lists as JudyL states.  Also, perhaps a specific video on managing large lists and the tagging features may help clarify.  I think that there is need for both.

Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hi Stephanie, Thank you for posting. This is a great idea. I can definitely understand that scrolling to the bottom each time can be time-consuming. Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Advisor

Hi Don,

Thank you for adding to this post. As you point out, there is certainly a value for having segmented lists along with using the tags. We are certainly looking into bringing the list view back. The video is also a good point. We have this great video here. Hopefully this can help to clarify. Thanks again for your post. We welcome any other feedback and/or suggestions you have!

Solution Provider
Please add a page forward navigation bar at the top of the contacts list as well as the bottom. Right now you have to scroll to the bottom of every page to click next.

Thanks for the feedback on this topic!

Occasional Visitor
I am starting to add tags to my lists and see that you are assigning the tags to my contacts, not my lists. Didn't know that. I need a way to view and organize my lists. The tiny frame you provide to view lists won't do. CC is almost unusable for me at this time.
Occasional Visitor
I need the ability to folderize my contact lists. I can see the value of tagging contacts but I have a lot of lists that I need to organize.

Thanks for sharing this idea, Susan. Can you give me an idea of how you would use folders? Any detail helps us understand more of how this feature would help.

Some examples I can think of are having a folder called "Birthdays" and then in that folder are my 12 lists, one for each month. Another would be "location" and I would put my lists of contacts from different places in this folder.

Occasional Visitor

Before I could see all contacts and now I have to flip through the pages to find the correct contact. Very time consuming

why was this feature removed? This is an important feature. I hope it was an oversight and will be fixed asap.
Hi, Thanks for your feedback on the display of contacts. Do you think viewing more per page would help you find contacts? Have you tried out the search feature? I've found this very helpful in finding specific contacts and we're working on a more advances search to make even more pieces of the account searchable.
Hi- Are you looking to be able to sort by the date the contact was added or another date? Thanks!
Solution Provider
allow us to sort lists by alfa, date created, or our own sort. With the reduced real estate allowed to view lists, I would like to sort by my priority. The lists I use the most would be at the top and thos used least would be at the bottom.
CTCT Employee
For longstanding clients like me, who have created multiple lists in order to target my messages (right message to the right people at the right time - just what CTCT teaches!), it is hugely inconvenient to be unable to view my Contact Lists in date order - either most recent first, or oldest first. Especially as I now have virtual assistants managing much of my activity, the "alpha-only" listing of Contact Lists has caused a big inconvenience for us all. Please, please, please change this - add back the ability to see Contact Lists by date created!!! Sincerely, Gina M. Watkins
Advisor
Thank you for your feedback on this topic. We have received a lot of great feedback on being able to re-order the email lists and are looking into implementing this. Please stay tuned for updates on this and please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Thanks for this feedback, Gina!
Frequent Visitor
Once address was selected, the SAVE button went out of sight to bottom of page.
Thanks for this information, what browser are you in when this happens?
Occasional Contributor
I too agree that "hate not having by date"!!!!!!
Occasional Visitor
This is harder. I DON'T like it
All Star

"We are always trying to make the system better for our customers." You don't seem to know what you are doing. It is like a bunch of high school kids worked on "improving" something. Pathetic. 

Occasional Visitor

In ADam's case as it is with mine, I do not go through each contact assigning tags.  That would take far too long within the website.  Instead I have my lists external of Constant Contact and just copy and paste the list into each mailing list.  I don't have the time or the energy to go through all my contacts to individually assign an identity.  Please fix this immediately so I can email to my lists or I will be leaving Constant Contact immediately!

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you are not liking the new layout. Would you mind providing more information about what you are not liking about it and what you mean by "access to my list"? Any additional information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Frequent Visitor
OK....figured out how to sort by last name.
Regular Visitor
I want to manage my contacts lists. they are all crammed up on the left side of the screen. How?
Occasional Visitor
I am unable to get rid of the pop up describing the new features. I click on 'don't show me this again' but it doesn't work. This is really frustrating and time consuming as I have to close it manually each time I update a contact!
Thanks for posting. Can you tell me more about what you are looking to do? You can click into any of your lists on the left to view them!
Occasional Contributor
Although the new format is pretty cool, I am quickly finding myself in need of a couple things I had before that I am not seeing now. 1) Need a way to easily see what all lists a contact is currently subscribed. 2) Need a way to change a persons email address as oppose to added a 2nd email and unsubscribing the old one. This one may not be too bad if item #1 was available. 3) The Email list now sorts alphabetically. Before we had a way to sequence these ourselves. I need this feature back. Thanks, Traci
Regular Visitor

I also like the old way, we should be able to get the old way back....

Thanks for posting. You can see what list the contact is part of by clicking into the contacts details or checking off the contact and clicking the "Add to Email Lists" button. Any list the contact is in will show as checked. You are welcome to edit any existing contact that you want. To do this, click into their details and click on the email address. You will see the box open up for you to edit.
Established Member
I don't like the new update. How can I see all the lists?
All Star
This new layout is a space waster! I liked the old format that fit the links, clicks, and distribution on one screen. With this format, I have to scroll many time to get to the bottom and I cannot see the distribution at a glance. I would recommend changing it back or offering the option to view in the other format. Thank you for considering this comment.
1. alphabetizing by first name???? Wrong! 2. have to scroll to the bottom of each page to advance to the next page. (provide "next page" button at top of pages). 3. have to advance one page at a time instead of providing an alphabet click-to option. (click v to go to last names starting with v).
Occasional Visitor
How do I select email addresses that have .gov in them?
Frequent Visitor
I have a number of lists, and it would be helpful if there were a way to organize, by placing them in folders, or including dividers in the listing, or something.

Hi TualatinRiverkeeper , 

Unfortunately there is not a way to search by just the domain at this time. Advanced Search is coming very soon, stay tuned!

All Star
Hi I would like to look at the people who opened/clicked in order of name, time and email and change this easily. This did not seem possible. This feedback box is a great idea. thanks Shelle
All Star
email lists should have alphabetic subsections to go to a certain lettered section instead of scrolling page by 50 names to get to the names you want and this alpha subsections ( A, B, C, D, etc) should also be at the top of the email list as well as the bottom.
CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback, Suzanne.
I would like to sort my lists according to importance not alphabetically.
Regular Visitor
In searching contacts, I should be able to search by "Date added" and select a date range. ascending/Descending only is really clunky
I need the phone numbers readily available so we can follow up on those who open our e-mails. Only then is the opening data becomes valuable or useful at all.
All Star
I would like to see added back into a list of contacts, i.e., all contacts with the last name Smith, their status - whether active or do not mail.
Contributor
Although it was much more efficient to have the Email Lists in the place you have now given to Active Contact Lists - it would be more helpful if this Active Contacts List could be sorted as best suits my needs and remain in that format. As it is, I have to resort this list everytime I use Constant Contact (daily).
I would like to be able to sort the email lists by date; they are currently only sorted alphabetically. This makes it much harder to use. We used to be able to sort by date, which we much preferred.