cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

178 Comments
All Star
This newer contact system for adding contact takes more steps than previous system. Don't like it. We used to be able to add people directly to lists that we wanted them in. And we used to have numbers associated with our lists which we new "this list was #8", etc. Now that is gone. We need the simpler views back.
Occasional Contributor
The Contact lists are organized by alpha in your new version. This isn't how I'd like to see them. I organized them by how often I use them. I can't find the settings that would allow me to organize the list how I see fit.
Status changed to: New

Occasional Advisor
When I click "Contacts" tab, the new design defaults on listing the subscribers in ABC order. Just to check on the newest subscribers, I have to click the gear-shaped setting button, then click on "Name, Details, Date added, etc". There is no way to set my preference. We send an initial newsletter with specific topic tailored for each new subscriber. So, just to see new subscribers, I have to repeat this cumbersome steps each time I log on. To add the newest subscribers to a specific email list (subcategories that best fit their interest and expertise), first I have to un-click "Make Email Lists my default view," then click the "Contacts" tab again to see my Email Lists, which are now organized ABC order that totally disregarded the email list priorities which I had set in the old design and does not make sense at all. Just to locate the specific Email List where I want to add the new subscriber, it now takes me 15 minutes -- I used to do this in less than 30 seconds!! When web usability is moving toward how to help the visitor do a task with less clicks and less time, your design team managed to do the opposite. What is Constant Contact thinking?
Occasional Advisor
We have dozens of Email Lists because we're a long time customer of CC and because of the inadequate file management provided, we have been using Email List as sub-categories for marketing reasons. The new design lists our Email Lists by the alphabetical name of the list. This put the least useful Email Lists on the top 10 and buries our most important Email Lists among several dozens, making it impossible to find the right Email List that I want to use. To make the important Email Lists show up on the top fold of the screen using CC's "updated" new design, I had to resort to an idiotic 19th century method of re-naming the list by using 00, 01, 011, 02, etc. However, now these idiotic numerical Email Lists Names now show up on the Opt-in page that new subscribers see. This is unacceptable. When assigning an Email campaign Name, we can set our own "internal" nickname for the particular campaign, and we can set a formal email name that our subscribers see when they receive the newsletter email. Why can't you give us this same option for naming the Email Lists?
Occasional Advisor
Before the recent update of "Contacts" page design, we were able to set priorities (numbers) to each Email List (most of us have multiple), allowing the most important Email List(s) to show up on the top of the list, both when we select which group to send a particular marketing email, as well as on the Opt-in page where new subscribers select which email lists they want to join. The new design destroyed these user-set priorities. As a result, new subscribers will see the Email Lists (topics from their perspective) that are not their 1st priority topic that prompted them to sign up for our newsletter. They have to scroll down among many. For us the account administrator, this also made it impossible to quickly select the Email Lists to send a particular campaign, because now we have to scroll down a tiny window in which our Email Lists are listed by the order that CC engineers wanted, rather than I as a customer wanted. Unless this is fixed, or CC gives us an option to use the old design where you could easily and quickly see all of our Email Lists in one big page in the priority that we had set, we will begin looking for CC competitors who have better design.
All Star
Since the new contact management was added in May, I can't figure out to add one contact email to a list. Also, the lists are now alphabetized and I like to see them by date, but it is not easy to find out how to do that. I looked in help but I don't find info on the new system. How do I add just one contact manually to a list I have been using for awhile.

Visitor
Why ON EARTH would you make the email list no longer in alphabetical order? Now I have to read through the entire list to find one contact.