cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

178 Comments
Established Member
We had our Contact Lists in a specific order that made it easy to find our lists. It worked for our business. Now you took that away and I can not easily find the list I need. It would be great to have the option to reorder our lists in list properties again.
Frequent Visitor
It's not clear how to sort lists other than alphabetically. Can there be default lists that show up at top of report?
CTCT Employee

Hi Cari,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

If you are referring to sorting your contact lists you can favorite a contact list so it displays at the top of the others. Click here for those steps.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us. You can even reach us by phone at 800-240-2302.

Have a great day!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Visitor
It used to be possible to sort a list and display variable quantities of contacts per page, i.e. 100. Then one could select only those contacts on that page by checking a "box." Now it appears I can't change quantity displayed nor can I select only those contacts on the display page. Now only able to select each contact individually or all on the list. That is 5,500 or the cumbersome method of checking individual contacts. I hope this is not the case. Please advise.
Would help search
Regular Visitor
Can you please have the option to also put the lists into date order? Thanks.
Visitor
I would like to sort Email Lists by DATE.
Organizer
Please add an Alphabetical option to ALL lists! Viewing lists by last names would be much easier, faster & more productive.
When I click to have the lists sorted by date created, it does it in monthly, alphabetical order. It's not helpful to have the lists grouped by month. For example, it goes April 1, 2009, April 5, 2012.