cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

List Order

List Order

This how how one customer is forced to respond to the bad design that CC recently changed with the "Contacts" pages. Just in order to make my Email Lists show up (in the left column) in the order that is important and logical to us (not the ABC order that CC engineers/designers decided to force the customers), I have to change each Email List to bear 1, 2, 3.... numerical numbers at the head of the list name. So, instead of titling an email list "Engineers" or "Marketing", for example, we now have to title them "1 Marketing" and "3 Engineers", to avoid the CC default of alphabetical list order. We will see if this will alleviate the poor design of CC team. Another way to cope with this is to simply start shopping for other email marketing vendors. Words for all IT and Web designers: There is something seriously wrong with your approach and design decisions if your new advanced design or technology forces the customers to retreat to the non-technology 19th century tactics just to use your product!!

161 Comments
Would help search
Regular Visitor
Can you please have the option to also put the lists into date order? Thanks.
Visitor
I would like to sort Email Lists by DATE.
Organizer
Please add an Alphabetical option to ALL lists! Viewing lists by last names would be much easier, faster & more productive.
When I click to have the lists sorted by date created, it does it in monthly, alphabetical order. It's not helpful to have the lists grouped by month. For example, it goes April 1, 2009, April 5, 2012.
All Star
We need to be able to change the order of the contact lists--especially for the sign-up form. This used to be an option in the past. Please stop taking away functionality!
All Star
It would be helpful if I could order my lists so that the most recently used list was at the top. Thanks
the older version had a list ordering function. very inconvenient to only set list order for subscribers by alpha order.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Occasional Visitor
You have got to be kidding! I imported a large contact list from an excel file, you made me go through the routine of selecting what's going to be in each column but then, once it's uploaded, I can only sort by name or email address! I don't need to sort by those fields, I need to sort by DOB, or employee number, or seniority number. Those fields were imported. Why can't I sort by them??? This is really dumb.
Status changed to: Closed - No Action