Manage Multiple Lists At Once in Contact Redesign

I have an account in the old format and one in the new format. The new format is horrible when it comes to Contact functionality. I now have to export lists and remove contacts from other lists manually when, in the old format I could just choose a contact list and then choose to remove everyone in that list from any other list I chose. Why would they remove this function??? I see nothing in the new format that is better.  Would prefer to have the option to stay with the old format.

7 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @TracyB448. Thank you for this feedback. The Beta is still in progress and because of the feedback and requests that we get from those customers that are part of the testing, our teams are constantly making updates and improving navigation within Contacts, including the ability to manage list membership. I'll open this up for voting so other Beta users can provide feedback as well for this request. 

RalphC34
Rookie
This BETA does not allow me to take a list of contacts and remove that entire list from another existing list. This is a functionality in the regular Contacts interface that we would like to continue having the ability to do. We use this functionality a lot.
AshleyS84
Rookie

Along with Notes disappearing in CC's new updated Contacts, where did the ability to select multiple contacts to add them to multiple lists all at once go? This was a convenient, time-saving feature prior to this update. What would take one action before now takes many. Although you can select multiple contacts to add to a list, the option is only for one list from a selection / drop down of all lists. If you want to add contacts to 3 lists for instance, this has to be done 3 separate times! Not efficient. If there is a way to do this that I'm missing, please let the community know. Thanks!

LisaD985
Rookie

in the newest update, you removed the feature where you can select multiple lists to remove contacts from. Please add that back!! So much easier than having to do it multiple times in a drop down.

LauraF366
Campaign Collaborator

Functionality has disappeared and this is not good!
We do fundraising. We send tailored emails using mutiple lists so that we can use Dynamic Content. (for example current members, Lapsed members, members up for renewal lists.
We run emails for a week, but suppress daily a list of anyone who replied the previous day.  If I have 10 lists I used to be able to upload a daily list of contacts who responded, and suppress those all from 10 lists at once.  Now I have to run "Remove from List" 10 times and remove them from each list one at a time.  This is ridiculous.

Please tell me there is a better way and I'm not just seeing it!
Thank you.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Since the original post, a list of contacts can be selected en masse and removed from another list. This thread will specifically concentrate on the request to remove a selection of contacts from multiple lists at once. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

amya2564
Rookie

It would be terrific if after checking off a hundred or two hundred names on my All Contacts list that I could add them to more than one list at the same time, rather than clicking on a list (as I am only permitted one) and then after adding them all my checks are gone and I have to start all over again or export one list to a file and then import it to another list .... sounds like a lot of effort when I could could just check two lists' boxes! Thanks. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More