Managing Tags

I would really like to be able to click on the Tag List to see all of the tags I have created and then be able to manage them, like you can with the email lists.
21 Comments
Participant

When I look at a glance at my contacts, I wish I could SEE the tags that are flagged on each account. Currently, I have spent about 8 hours micromanaging my names to get them in correct categories, And I hope your program is worth all this work. Please consider some new features.

Status changed to: New

Hi @cindyc9548 

Can you clarify a couple of things for me--

• You said "SEE the tags that are flagged on each account." Do you mean see the tags that are part of each list or see the tags assigned to each individual contact?
  • Do you imagine these showing in a coumn on your list view? Would this area be a helpful place to put them?

Thanks!

Occasional Participant

Right now I can change the view to Email list view, but I would really like to see a Tag view option

Occasional Participant
I would like it very much if there was a way to see who is a part of which tag without having to look through the entire contact list one person at a time. Also, it would be great if multiple contacts could be designated under a particular tag with the click of a button. I know you can do it Constant Contact. Make it happen, okay.

Hi @MikeP346

You can view all of the contacts within a particular tag already by clicking the tag on the left of your main Contacts page. This will load all of the contacts with the tag on the right for you.

2015-04-02_13-08-07.png

Thanks for your feedback about adding tags to contacts with one click, it's only a couple of steps now to import contacts with tags attached!

Occasional Participant
I wrote recently, but perhaps my comment was not clearly stated. I would like to know the following. Without searching through their personal contact information, how can I see which contacts have not been given a tag? Can I see this at a glance?

HI @MikeP346

I replied to your previous post above but let me see if I can clarify. 

You can view who has a specific tag by looking at the tag directly using the directions above but at this time there is not a "no tag" group of contacts available. To get this information you would need to use Advanced Search.

2015-04-15_10-40-20.png

Just choose to search "Tags" and "is blank" to pull the contacts with no tag associated. 

Hope this helps!

Regular Participant

Don,

I think what is needed is the ability to click on a tag and show only the contacts with that tag in the current email list you are working.  The disconect for me is when I set up a tag like.  "Contacted twice" I cant see how many in my May Contacts without opening each contact manually.  Having the tags affecting each email list equally is useless for me.  The tags are good only if you have one email list and every contact is treated equally.  

Participant
Can you please allow us to sort the tags alphabetically on the side bar. Is there a way we can do this now?
Regular Participant
Should be able to add, edit and delete tags just like lists

Hi @HealthyHairCare

Thanks for posting, can you tell me more about what you want to do with tags? You can add and delete them from the main Contacts page, just like lists or from within the contact profile.

2015-12-08_13-47-06.gif 2015-12-08_13-48-00.gif

Hope this helps!

Regular Participant
Hi - could you made it so that tags can be managed in a "View all Tags" much like contacts? It would be much easier than scrolling... Thx
Participant
Wish I could view all tags in one page larger like I can with email lists. It would make it easier to manage. I have many more tags than email lists yet it's harder to manage.

Ref: @Hannah_M

Hi @Don_Richardson
Thanks for posting this feedback. You can click on each tag individually to view and manage it on the right but you can't move the entire "Tag" menu like you can with lists. This is a great idea for the future! Can you tell me more about how you would manage all the tags at once?

What @SMC said, "Hi - could you made it so that tags can be managed in a "View all Tags" much like contacts? It would be much easier than scrolling... Thx"

And @KimberlyR146 "Wish I could view all tags in one page larger like I can with email lists. It would make it easier to manage. I have many more tags than email lists yet it's harder to manage."

If I could see all tags at once in a list, then I could do the following.

Merge two tag lists into one. People tagged City A and people tagged City B

Tags

Geo City A

Geo City B

Geo City C

It would really be cool to do a filter of the tags. Maybe called Conditional filtering.

Where contacts match (all or any) of the following...

Tag (is/ is not / is blank) (Selected Tag)

+ Tag (is/ is not / is blank)  (Selected Tag)

+ Tag (is/ is not / is blank)  (Selected Tag)

Occasional Participant

Is there anywhere to print a LIST of your Lists and a LIST of your tags? I agree with all of these people, there needs to be. more features for Lists and TAGS. I would also like to see the list and tag a contact is in, when you are in a List or Tag list, but you have to click on each individual person, or export it?! Why?

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Agree - we should be able to manage tags en masse like we do for Lists.

The current interface for Remaining / Deleting Tags on the main Contacts page is HORRIBLE.  Scrolling and highlighting entries in a drop down is inefficient, slow, and confusing.

Should be able to easily pull up a complete list of tags in tabular view, like we can for Lists.

Participant

YES! Constant Contact please fix this! It makes no sense why this wouldn't already be an option. When I want to delete individual tags, I have to take a painstakingly long time to scroll through the list and then delete them one-by-one. A huge waste of time.

Participant

I would like to be able to view assigned tags on a list of contacts.

I am NOT talking about selecting a tag and seeing all the contacts that have that tag.  I am not talking about having to click on a contact one by one to see how they are tagged.

I am talking about being able to view ANY list and each contact name on it has any assigned tags shown for that contact in a column on the right (say after the 'state' column or whatever). This would enable me to make sure a particular list is fully and properly tagged.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More