cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass contact editing

Mass contact editing

There needs to be a way to make mass contact edits - for example, if you have 100 contacts from a particular company and their address changes - how do you edit without going into each contact's information and manually making changes for each one?
16 Comments
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee

Hi Angie,

Thanks for providing this feedback. Currently, the only way to do this is by making the updates in a file and then importing the file.

I might first suggest doing an Advanced Search for the company name. You can then select all contacts within the search results and Export them to an Excel file. You can then make your edits and use the Add Contacts - From a file option to update the file. On the screen where it asks you to choose a list, there is a check-box below to say that you are just updating the contact information.

Occasional Visitor
having the ability to add one company to multiple contacts at one time.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Regular Visitor
It would be nice to be able to edit multiple contacts at once, similar to adding multiple contacts. I find editing contacts to be cumbersome.

Thanks for posting this feedback. At this time you would need to import a file of contacts to update if you wanted to edit more than one at a time.

Occasional Visitor
How can I edit contacts without having to open them all up individually?
All Star
When editing in this view, after making a change, then your screen defaults back to the active list. It should go back to the same list I was working on. Susan