cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle Name

Middle Name

Middle Name no longer appears as an item to designate data on an import. Since we use this for customization, I can no longer send this out.
30 Comments
Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for your post. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. Your feedback on this is really appreciated. This field currently is not available in a contact's details, as you've mentioned. As a workaround to this issue, it may be helpful to add the middle name to the First name or Last name field. Please vote on this topic and any others you would like to see implemented.
In the past, I have used the Middle Name field to differentiate people's titles. I use CC at a university, and it is important for me to begin our newsletters with "Dr. " or "Mr." or "Ms." However, the news system doesn't give me that option. How can I set it up so my emails begin with "Hello Dr. Smith;" or "Hello, Ms. Martinzez;"

Okay - I see this issue has already been discussed.

So - my workaround is to go back and manually change 947 names by adding "Dr." or "Mr.:" to the last names of all my contacts.

Not much of a work around.

Not a happy camper here!!

Frequent Visitor
Please add back the missing field "Middle Name". I have been on live chat for an hour and this is the interim suggestion I received. Since the Import Contacts list of fields will currently only sync with existing fields of Contact Details on the Customize Your Page you can only load the fields on the Contact Details Page. If you try to create the same name field as the Contact Details list it will not recognize it according to the rep due the systems not being in sync or on the same server setup.
Occasional Participant

This new format sux.......  I had utilized the middle name field for recording my customers DOB so it would show up on the screen when I looked at the contact list....guess what....it was deleted with this new format and now I have lost all those records and was told there was no way to retrieve them.

Any ideas for another provider?

Thanks for giving me the ability to add more than one name & e-mail again. However, if I enter a name such as Jane R Smith, the last name displays as R Smith if I perform a search by name. Should be some instruction to enter differently if that's how the display works.
Occasional Contributor

I am having many problems. E.G. I was not able to find out how to change middle names. And in my lists middle names are in fact very important.

When I look at the list of all those who opened an e-mail, I want to see not only the name of the person but also of the company.

Occasional Contributor
I don not know how to change middle names. It worked well with the old system. But now?
If you are helping to locate duplicates which is wonderful - why would you get rid of the middle name field?
Contributor
Where are my contacts suffix (Mr. Ms. Mrs. Dr. Prof.,etc. ) found now? Where is the middle name? I need these fields now to send my emails!!!!!!

It's hard to keep up with all of your ongoing changes to the export / field use of Contacts 2.0. I have had values moving between "other" and "home" without me doing anything. What's up with this? Also, if you decide to add back Middle Name, that would be good as we've lost all of our middle names on contacts.

The idea of adding the middle name (or initial) to either the first name or last name does not seem workable.  I tried adding the middle initial to the 1st name, but then when you try to look up the person's name, you can't find it by last name.  The program searches whatever comes in the space after the first name, so if you add the letter "M" for the middle initial, the sort will bring up M rather than the last name. 

Adding a middle initial after the last name just doesn't make sense.  Don't know how that will come up.  It might look like a hyphenated name. 

Occasional Visitor
I'm wondering why the contact list shows the full name in the name column now, when it used to show the name divided into first, middle, last. How much of the name is used now in the greeting?
Visitor
Prefer the old format
You use to have middle names. Your on-line help indicates that there is still a middle name field. How do we access the middle name? DID CONSTANT CONTACT HAVE REAL USERS TEST YOUR NEW SYSTEM BEFORE YOU IMPLEMENTED IT??

So, is Constant Contact going to add back a middle name field?  If so, when?  It is not rocket science programming.  One of your programmers should be able to do it in a day!

I am sorry for the frustration. You are still able to import first and last name as two dfferent fields so that you can pull them into your email however you would like. When they names are showing in the contact list view they will show as lastname, first name but can be edited seperatly by clicking into the details. 

Middle names seem to confuse the program and get combined with last name.
CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback!

Can you provide an example of a contact that has their middle name and last name combined?  Was this contact's information separate before your account was converted to the new contact system?

Within the new system we do not offer the option to import a middle name, just first and last name.  If you wanted to import a middle name for a contact you would need to use a custom field.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us!

CTCT Employee

Frequent Visitor
The new add contact flow is a step backwards. I cannot tab my way through fields, and you actually eliminated default fields such as Middle Name!

Status changed to: Voting Open

Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Bringing this feature back is not on our current roadmap, as we put resources to other customer requests.

Thank you for your feedback!

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea