Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More editing options for sign up forms

This form is not allowing us to customize the fields according to our needs. We want to add a field for people under certain age, a simple check box that's linked to one of our mailing lists, and we don't have that option right now.

85 Comments
LisaM6636
Rookie

It would be great if the pop-up form has a URL. Also, great would be if we could put images on all form types. Additionally, it would be great to have signup forms similar to (deleted). For example, a horizontal line signup.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @LisaM6636 what are some cases you would need a URL to your pop-up sign up form? How does the universal code we provide for pop-up forms or even our landing page sign-up forms not fit your needs?

LisaM6636
Rookie

Hi Frankie,

The pop-up was designed for a special campaign. We want to share that same form elsewhere. Yes, I can create another landing page for that campaign, but it's easier to just have the URL of the pop-up.

Thanks

Lisa

Antigen6
Rookie
Every other email marketing platform allows us to add comments. Why not Constant Contact? I feel like we used to have that option!
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @LisaM6636 thank you for following up with these details. I have opened your idea up so other users can weigh in on this as well.

BonnieK16
Rookie
Unlike everything else these are not very customizable. I was hoping there would be a way to have a dropdown so people can self identify and then have constant contact sort them onto the appropriate mailing list automatically. There's also not a lot of options for making this look on brand with my organization. We can't add a logo, change fonts, etc.
JineshM4
Rookie
There should be a contact field for "How Did You Hear About Us?" or "Referral"

It would be nice to be able to edit the field labels on sign-up forms. Now they default to the name of the contact detail field. Normally, that would not be an issue (and it will never be an issue with custom fields, just name these as you want them to appear on the form), but it also means the field labels for the default fields (like First Name, Address etc.) are in English (and that can be an issue for some people over here in the Netherlands 😉 ). I think I saw that the pop-up and inline sign-up form already automatically translate the default fields to Dutch (since that is the Constant Contact language setting we use), but the lead generation Sign-up form on the other hand does not. Would be a nice feature to be able to separately set the name and label for a contact detail field.

McFarlaneAthleticRecruiting
Campaign Contributor

I'm just venturing into redesigning my website.  Decided to do a Constant Contact website, as I assumed all of their features would sync seamlessly and not be clunky.  A month into this and I'm realizing I might have decided wrong.

Forms being the HUGE sticking point:

If I use the CTCT Website design, they have a form, but then the response just sits there with the information and email address and I have to manually export it.  Why doesn't the FORM from the website just SYNC with the Constant Contact marketing platform? They're two separate entities I'm finding. So that is a BUST option.  Add everyone manually to a campaign, through exporting? No

If I use the Sign Up form that is within Constant Contact and then try to embed it in my CTCT Website I"m building with them, I can only embed a Pop Up form.  I hate pop up sign up forms.  I want the in-line form but Alas, I don't think I can do this UNLESS I stick it in my footer.  What. is. that?  Com'on! 

And the form itself with its limited options is frustrating.  Would be nice to have easier access to customizing field names (buried under contacts settings), rearranging fields, radial dials, drop down selecting etc.

I'm reading comments and posts on here from 2017 and 2018 about these same issues and still no resolve.  Every time I reach out to the CTCT Chat support with these same things mentioned, I get the same feedback.  3-4 years now of them getting these same comments and nothing yet.

MusicMakersNH
Campaign Contributor

PLEASE make the landing pages TRULY customizable. The examples on your site look nothing like what can actually be done - it's basically just a generic form. I really want to use it they way articles in your blog recommend, but I can't insert photos or adjust the size of the logo or put designs on the page or anything! Very, VERY disappointing at best.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More