cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Emails for Contacts

Multiple Emails for Contacts

Many of the indivduals we are sending our email campaigns to have multiple email addresses (either a personal and work, or a work email and an assistant, sometimes multiple assistants, etc.).  Before, we were able to send the same message to up to three different email addresses under one contact, by labeling the emails as "work", "home" and "other".

Now that Constant Contact has updated and changed their contacts to only having 1 email address per contact, we are unable to properly reach our intended audience.  

This significantly reduces the functionality of Constant Contact for our business and we have already started looking at other options. 

62 Comments

This is one of the issues that is preventing me from using this service.  It is illogical to have multiple records for one person for each email address.  To say that having multiple email addresses per contact leads to a "buggy and confusing experience" just means that you need to fix your software.

Frequent Visitor
makes no sense that I can't add a comma and a second email address to a contact. What about married people? This a basic functionality for $60 a month you should offer.... On top that, I can't even copy the contact or replicate it; I have to type the entire thing over again. Why isn't your design on top of these basic elements?
Visitor

This is a distressing turn. We wholeheartedly agree it should not be policy. Multiple email addresses for ONE contact just makes sense in today's world!

The elimination of multiple email addresses per contact record will lead to massive problems in our database. There are numerous issues with allowing only a single email address per record, as stated repeatedly in this thread.

Of immediate concern to us: when we receive registrations to events, the email address the recipient uses is often different from the one listed on his record. It appears that Email Address is the field contestant contact uses to match records. If the registrant uses the same email address as contained on his contact record, constant contact determines the records match, and updates any new info contained on the registration. But when someone registers using a different email address — maybe his Home address, as opposed to his Work email that’s on his record — a duplicate record is created. This is a big problem, now, but our database currently contains only a few hundred records. As it grows, this problem will quickly be magnified. People typically maintain multiple email addresses, so this must be accounted for in Constant Contact.

Constant contact must return to allowing multiple email addresses per contact record. When someone registers for an event, constant contact should attempt to match the email address on the registration with each one on the contact record, and update the record, if necessary, with new data.

Constant contact is a useful tool, but this is is a critical flaw. If it is not corrected, I will switch to another product that accounts for multiple email addresses per record. I’m certain that I am hardly alone in this, as evident in the many comments in this thread.

Regular Visitor

Agreed with every single comment here. If the additional e-mail field was causing issues with certain customers, the work around should never be "remove the feature"

I am on the verge of canceling CC for a variety of problems. Mailchimp may be my next stop.

Frequent Visitor

I agree with the above statements.  Our organization will need to consider working with another program.  This will not fit our needs.

This is definitely an issue for my organization.   

Visitor

Wow, I didn't know this was a past feature that was removed. This was a poor decision and greatly

limits the functionality and increases our number of contacts needlessly

Occasional Contributor

the change you made making email the key ID for a record rather than being able to have a contact with multiple email addresses makes the tool harder and harder to use to manage a database of contacts. All these changes are really moving backwards instead of forward in functionality.  

All Star

Managing contacts is impossible due to there only being one email per person.  Why would a single person have 2 records?!  We will also be looking for alternatives...