cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Emails for Contacts

Multiple Emails for Contacts

Many of the indivduals we are sending our email campaigns to have multiple email addresses (either a personal and work, or a work email and an assistant, sometimes multiple assistants, etc.).  Before, we were able to send the same message to up to three different email addresses under one contact, by labeling the emails as "work", "home" and "other".

Now that Constant Contact has updated and changed their contacts to only having 1 email address per contact, we are unable to properly reach our intended audience.  

This significantly reduces the functionality of Constant Contact for our business and we have already started looking at other options. 

67 Comments
Regular Visitor

I also take issue with this change. We have both work and personal email addresses for many of our members and are not allowed by state law to send certain types of emails to work email addresses as our members are state employees. We have added about 60 members since this change has been made and I'm saving their second address in hopes that this decision is reversed. In the meantime, does anyone have advice about a work around? 

All Star
At times, CC is all about businesses and not about school, churches, and organizations. - One contact does not make it in a two parent home. - In the past, one parent could not be entered in different groups even if they had more that one child and, thus , needed to be in more than one group. How wonderful it would be to have workshops geared toward schools and such. I market but your workshops are too intense for what we do here. Thanks for listening!
Occasional Advisor

Completely agree.

Our issue is that each quarter, I upload updated emails for our doctors. Now I have doctors in here multiple times with multiple emails, so instead of overriding an old email address, it just adds a new one. So in effect, the old email isn't going away. And at this rate, everyone will have a half dozen emails.

And now, literally 5 minutes after first posting this, I got an email from CC saying our monthly bill is going to increase!

I'd like to be able to select 2 contacts that are the same person and merge them.

Occasional Contributor

More than 6 months later and this still has not been resolved. Every export contains 2 sets of columns for email-home and email-other which have to be merged every time in order to upload again after segmenting.

Please get it together CC - you made the decision to refuse multiple email types per contact but you've done nothing to rectify the contacts that already had multiple emails. Either allow multiple emails per contact (and therefore allow multiple email fields when uploading) or fix your mistake and merge existing contacts' emails into ONE field. 

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for the feedback everyone.

At this time we are not planning to bring back this feature (the ability to add multiple email addresses per contact).  There are multiple factors which lead us to this decision.  A few of the major ones are as follows:

- Supporting multiple email addresses per contact was leading to a buggy and confusing experience for many of our users.
- Simplifying the architecture of contacts makes future developments better and more stable
- Allowing multiple email addresses per contact is not an industry standard.

- The large majority of our customers was not utilizing this feature.

I know many of you commenting on this thread were using and relying on this feature.  It's never an easy decision to take a feature out of our product, but in this case we felt that it was the right decision for our customer base as a whole.  

If you have any other thoughts or feedback please continue to share it with us as we truly appreciate hearing from you.

Regular Visitor

I just got access to my work's Constant Contact because I need to send out regular emails to a select group of VIPs. I just learned that the Constant Contact does not allow for a contact to have a CC. This is such a huge problem for this list because all of my contacts have assistants that I need to include. Does anyone have a work around? I might have to use a totally different system if I can't resolve this.

Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

All Star

Has there been any resolution to the problem of being limited to one email for each contact?